India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > ANTIRESERVATION FORUM > DISCUSSIONS on Reservation > Opinion
New Topics

My Views Against Reservation in India

I am a 1st yr. college student & belong to the SC category. But I am totally AGAINST this reservation .....

08-15-2011

: Aug 2011
: Kota
: 29
:
: 3 | 0.00 Per Day
Smile

I am a 1st yr. college student & belong to the SC category. But I am totally AGAINST this reservation system. I recently got admitted to the top college in my state, just because of my caste. And I got less than 100 mks in AIEEE 2011. I feel like being trapped in a web of disgust. All my college mates are toppers (from GEN cat, having great ranks and 90% of them scored >90% in 12th boards, whereas I, just 80%). I think (no, I'm sure) I'm the worst student in the college with the worst rank. I don't understand how will I compete with these toppers for the next 4 yrs...

Another thing: Why was this caste system started at all in this country? My mates hardly talk to me just because I belong to lower caste. Was it my fault to be born in this community? Would there have been any such situation if there was nothing such as caste? Humans make dirty mistakes, and they themselves suffer due to them.
my reply:
I'm with you dude....
you are a true person who have competed and know its value.....
ya, the starting of harsh caste system is a great fault by our ancestors....
but we cannot change past, we need to work together in present towards the common goal of equality....
and people like u are the most basic need for this movement....
i don't feel like some other above writers that reserved castes smell bad or are uncivilized!
u r common normal people and its not ur fault that u are using the reservation system, its human tendency, why would someone miss golden opportunities...........
the fault is inside politicians who are separating, " we, the people of India" for vote banks!
please stand along by my side and gather more to have a strong opposition to such politics!

Last edited by ANCHAL GUPTA; 08-15-2011 at 11:15 AM
08-15-2011

: Apr 2011
: Chennai
: 70
:
: 166 | 0.03 Per Day

Hi everybody,

The questions raised here by Antony and other 'pro-reservationists' are really very valid. As a nation, we need to find solutions to these issues too. And good workable solutions solving the problems raised by Antony are possible, if politicians have the political will.

Everyone should try to understand the genuine problems of each other and only then we will find workable solutions. Taking rigid positions will only put us, citizens, on opposite camps. We have plenty of problems, all important and urgent. None can be set aside for the sake of the other.

However, my humble suggestion is to keep this forum only for fight against corruption, which affects all of us, whether we are pro or anti reservation. So, let's not dilute the impact of this forum by creating divisions among us, the people. Let's not allow politicians to divide us and rule.

Those who want to interact with me or others on reservation or any other issues can PM (privately message) me (or others).

For now, let's all stand solidly behind Anna in his fight against corruption. He has nothing personally to gain from it; he doesn't even have a family. He's fighting for US.

Thanks,

Ganesan. :~)
08-16-2011

: Bangalore
:
: 1 | 0.00 Per Day

Reservation.... Are ruining the basis of merit and Skill. Aaare..u achieve things on ur own accord and not by the provisions.... It was a right fight earlier when our great people fought for this.. Now i think.... its time generations use their ability and prove their existence.... I would not be surprised to see the people who enjoy reservations doing far better without it... the word reservation as started to create another opportunity for corruption by getting certificates from the Government in illegal manners and increasing the chances for people to use religion as a BAIT.

A very SAD thing for a growing country like ours
08-18-2011

: pune
:
: 1 | 0.00 Per Day

i would like to say to Mr.OneLove who is saying about equality,i know that HISTORY is a very boring SUBJECT but i just wanna tell him/her that please increase your knowledge about History...
08-18-2011

: Hyderabad
:
: 87 | 0.02 Per Day

@ Ganesan

well said bro...

people shud realize tht we need caste free society... its a shame that i have to read responses against reservation system in forums which were started for a noble cause... lets stop it here guys...
08-18-2011

: Apr 2011
: Chennai
: 70
:
: 166 | 0.03 Per Day

Hi guys,

If despite repeated requests, people keep making postings for and against reservation in this forum, I wonder seriously if those who post for and against have both been planted by someone who wants to sabotage this forum. Who knows, it may be just one person who posts for both and attempts to divide forum visitors who are here to oppose corruption.

Can the forum administrators/ moderators do something about it? For example, just delete these posts, and even the whole thread?

Thanks,

Ganesan. :~(
08-18-2011

: hydrabad,AP, india
: 37
:

First thing i would like to tell is- I hate reservations.
If somebody got guts to start a debate i can show them hell with examples and proofs- so i wont explain all my past stories here. but ill tell u what i fell should be done

I hope government is spending helllll lot of money for all reserved candidates in the form of stypend, extra benefits, school-college and after college fees and etc etc..

Stop all these.. put some of those money to Exactly Identify BELOW POVERTY LINE families, and As far as for the children in their families, provide them free educations in whatever schools they want-- BUT ONLY TILL 12th class- after that NO RESERVATIONS. throw them along with everyone else into this competitive world, if they cant utilise the oppurtunity like those and fail to get along with everyone else..they are dumb.they dont deserve to get more oppurtunities and chances.
WHY SHOULD LIFE GIVES ONLY ONE OPPURTUNITY FOR AN OC BOY AND MILLION FOR A BC BOY??
And for their parents. provide free medical care and ration food.
And PLEASE dont give reservations in Competitive exams, Entrance exams, Intervies,etc,

HOW CAN U CALL THEM COMPETITIVE EXAMS WHEN THERE IS NO EQUALITY IN SELECTONS??
08-18-2011

:

for Mr. Ganeshan

see bro, its not important why someone started this thread- its important what people think about this (reservations)
afterall they made this forum to get everybodys opinion. u have no right to ask everyone to say what you (or the one who made this forum) have in your own mind
grow up...
08-18-2011

: Hyderabad
:
: 87 | 0.02 Per Day

@ chaith

good... pls keep ur opinions & examples with you..

thanx...
08-18-2011

:

my reply:
I'm with you dude....
you are a true person who have competed and know its value.....
ya, the starting of harsh caste system is a great fault by our ancestors....
but we cannot change past, we need to work together in present towards the common goal of equality....
and people like u are the most basic need for this movement....
i don't feel like some other above writers that reserved castes smell bad or are uncivilized!
u r common normal people and its not ur fault that u are using the reservation system, its human tendency, why would someone miss golden opportunities...........
the fault is inside politicians who are separating, " we, the people of India" for vote banks!
please stand along by my side and gather more to have a strong opposition to such politics!

see bro,
i do agree with wat u said about reservations- its just not it- many of my friends in medical college dont even care to study saying that they got here because of the reservations and they will get seats in post graduation for sure
some of them fail,fail and study medicine for 6,7 years(coz theres no reservation for passing the final exams in medicine) that too with sympathy and corruptions in the final exams (not that they studied and passed)
But the thing is----- These guys are going to treat you all. these are your future doctors of the country

and the second thing u said..i wont agree that u were beeing looked down because of ur caste-it is not it man
its just because they know you are not as tallented as them. and they feel u got there along with them JUST bacause of ur caste. that is why they are looking down at u.

JUST score a top mark in any exam, they will never look at u like that. coz i have never seen a student in my life who really thinks that a person i low class castewise