India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > ANTIRESERVATION FORUM > DISCUSSIONS on Reservation > Opinion

Step up against the reservation system in India

Dear All, I am not a very great person or someone having political back but I am a common man .....

03-01-2011

: Mar 2011
: Working in Dammam but belongs to Patiala (Punjab) India
: 39
:
: 4 | 0.00 Per Day
Step up against the reservation system in India

Dear All,

I am not a very great person or someone having political back but I am a common man or citizen of India like all of you.

Now the point over here is why are we not standing against the reservation system in India. On one hand we are promising to eradicate the caste system from our loving country and to make it a place of in-discrimination and on the other hand we are blowing air to the fire with these quota systems.

Because of this system we are not able to eradicate poverty and unemployment from our country. This is the main cause which is hindering the progress of our country.

If we see the statistics, we can see that quota system which is based on caste has failed to bring the feeling of oneness among the people of India.

On the other hand I advocate the quota on the basis of poverty, which will bring our poor countrymen a little relief.

We can see that people from scheduled Castes/Tribes having high status in society are getting the highest benefit of this caste based reservation system. And those who are like us (those who have little or no say in the government) are always left behind empty handed with lots of promises which never seem to be fulfilled.

I don't wanna use abusive language against anyone, but these people who are running the government should have this much common sense in their so called uncommon minds. "They" for the sake of votes from SC/ST public never raise this issue.

But SC/ST people should also use their minds that what are they getting.

If we people want our country to be a better place to live in then we have to STEP UP AGAINST THE RESERVATION SYSTEM.

I don't wanna be a great person but at least one small little spark to ignite the fire against the evils of our society which are slowly destroying our culture full of love, peace and kindness for each other.

"Anjaan"
03-01-2011

: Feb 2011
: Chandigarh
:
: 312 | 0.07 Per Day

India is a secular nation ...... so all religions & castes should be treated equal ...
so there shld be no reservation on this basis
03-03-2011

: Mar 2011
:
: 1 | 0.00 Per Day

I fully agree with you on eradication of this reservation policy.

I am of the view that instead of giving reservation in selection to professional institutes or jobs to financially backward also, the Govt should provide opportunities to them to be able to compete the system. The poor people may be provided free "quality education" so that they can face the competitive world.

In any case if we are interested to make INDIA a power, we have to go away with the policy of reservation and appeasement.
03-06-2011

: Oct 2009
:
: 216 | 0.04 Per Day

Thank you for realizing deep through your heart that reservation system is killing your generation. I repeat there must be sustained effort against reservation system. More importantly it must be put into action without loss. I have insisted many times that our work and life should not suffer. Just wait for the right time and continue writing your opinions. There may be setbacks but we should be prepared to absorb it.
04-06-2011

: Apr 2011
: JAMSHEDPUR
: 41
:

If every human in india is one in the eyes of law then y reservation??? yes reservation should b bt nt on the basis of cast but on the basis of economic conditions,. support if am right
04-07-2011

:

i agree with all you people, i also faced problem with this reservation.

the people who are getting the benefits, will not agree with us,

so we have to ask the govt. should provide the reservation to all the casts, then in feature there is nothing to give based on reservation.

what do you say guys?
04-08-2011

: Goa
:

hi everyone,

1st of all let me make my stand. That I support the reservation policy however I believe that the reservation should be given on economic basis, not the caste or religion.

Let me tell you something about my background. I used to belong to the backward class. I have done my education from premier institute, quota obviously helped my father to pay the college money with the help of loan. At present I am in a really good position and economically very well. that is why I left the status of backward class and become a general like all of you. ( in the present census, I have changed the status)

well before criticizing this quota system, I emphasize all of you to look at the history of it. The sole purpose of this system is to make people equal economically. Since most of the people who live in the village belong to backward class. So they were getting the benefit of this and some of them were coming to the city to do the job after getting education. But government didn't make any law about the people who have settled in the life after benefited by the quota policy.

So I strongly believe that the quota system is required but on the ground of economic condition. I believe economically most of the backward caste will be covered since 80% of the backward class reside in the village or small town.
04-09-2011

: bangalore
: 38
:
: 2 | 0.00 Per Day
Thumbs down

Dear All,

I am not a very great person or someone having political back but I am a common man or citizen of India like all of you.

Now the point over here is why are we not standing against the reservation system in India. On one hand we are promising to eradicate the caste system from our loving country and to make it a place of in-discrimination and on the other hand we are blowing air to the fire with these quota systems.

Because of this system we are not able to eradicate poverty and unemployment from our country. This is the main cause which is hindering the progress of our country.

If we see the statistics, we can see that quota system which is based on caste has failed to bring the feeling of oneness among the people of India.

On the other hand I advocate the quota on the basis of poverty, which will bring our poor countrymen a little relief.

We can see that people from scheduled Castes/Tribes having high status in society are getting the highest benefit of this caste based reservation system. And those who are like us (those who have little or no say in the government) are always left behind empty handed with lots of promises which never seem to be fulfilled.

I don't wanna use abusive language against anyone, but these people who are running the government should have this much common sense in their so called uncommon minds. "They" for the sake of votes from SC/ST public never raise this issue.

But SC/ST people should also use their minds that what are they getting.

If we people want our country to be a better place to live in then we have to STEP UP AGAINST THE RESERVATION SYSTEM.

I don't wanna be a great person but at least one small little spark to ignite the fire against the evils of our society which are slowly destroying our culture full of love, peace and kindness for each other.

"Anjaan"
in my opinion if the govt of india thinks that boys and gals are 2 sides of one coin then then shouldnt be any discrimination or any special reservation for boys or gals.they should be treated equally.
04-09-2011

: new delhi
: 30
:

yes..this reservation system should be removed from the country..as one side we are thinking of unity among india nad another side we r just dividing indians on the basis of cast...the people should be divided on the basis of effort and dedication towards their goal , not on the basis of cast..(sorry if i hurt anyone by saying this) but it is true....for example , all the colleges have certain amount of seats reserved for sc, st, obc ,and nri's...for wat ???...is the common indian is not capable of getting the seats???..why the prefernce is given on the cast??...yes, the prefernce can be given to handicamped people.....so these are something which disunite the people....
04-09-2011

: nellore, andhra pradesh
: 24
:
: 15 | 0.00 Per Day

every person can do anything. it is the way by which people think. can't a lower caste person think like any upper caste person? the difference is not in the caste, it is in the mind. even an lower caste person can think like or better or much much better than a upper caste person. wait a minute, what is a caste? difference in people? well i say the difference should be in the thoughts of people. all people are at the same levels. this law of caste should change. sorry if anyone thought bad of my message but i just wanted to see unity among ourselves. even before during the freedom struggle we lost a bit due to lack of unity. if we had unity among ourselves even before, we would not have needed to face the past struggle. well, past is past. we cannot change it. at least let us now be united. this is just my opinion.
jai hind!