India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > ANTIRESERVATION FORUM > Introduction
New Topics

Reservation--how long?

[b]I am totally against reservation !! Are band karo ye sab.........!! there is no need of reservation for cast !! .....

08-24-2011

: Aug 2011
: Maharashtra
:
: 3 | 0.00 Per Day

[b]I am totally against reservation !!
Are band karo ye sab.........!!
there is no need of reservation for cast !!
For economically weaker people they shoud give low in fees etc.
"TALENT" in most important.
Due to nowadays reservation, quality students from open category don't get admission!! :(

Reservation should be stop !!![/b]

Note:-
Sorry 4 my bad english.
& i haven't read all above comments exept 1st one!! :D

Last edited by HiTMan_47; 08-24-2011 at 04:26 PM : to add signature
08-24-2011

: Hyderabad
:
: 87 | 0.02 Per Day

haha... thats the main problem... you don't have time for OTHERS... :P
08-24-2011

:

@raghavwidluv
LOL man, what do u mean? U mean i have to read all these 40 reply????
Everyone have other important works to do with.
And here, it is not necessary to read whole thread which contains 40 posts man.
Because We r talking about "Reservation YES or NO". Thats why i read only 1st two posts.
Now plz just talk about it, don't go off-topic.
08-24-2011

:

[QUOTE=HiTMan_47;16913]@raghavwidluv
LOL man, what do u mean? U mean i have to read all these 40 reply????
Everyone have other important works to do with.
And here, it is not necessary to read whole thread which contains 40 posts man.
Because We r talking about "Reservation YES or NO". Thats why i read only 1st two posts.
Now plz just talk about it, don't go off-topic.[/QUOTE]

haha... I understand... sorry for that...

But its not off-topic... :P
08-24-2011

:

^okay bro :)
08-24-2011

:

[QUOTE=sanjay.met2006@gmail.com;13320]Flaws of current reservation system are well known. To my view following are the most glaring flaws of it -

1. Reservation benefit to economically stronger section of specified castes.
2. Multiple benefit of reservation in life-time.
3. Generational benefit of reservation to same family.
4. Exclusion of Economically Weaker Section (EWS)
5. Omission of several factors on which upliftment is dependent eg parents education, family economic scenario, place of residence and schooling etc.

Solution

As suggested by Negi ji, i would prefer to bring a new Reservation Policy with following modalities.

1. It is based on Multiple Indices eg Parent education, family monthly income, place of schooling and residence etc. Other indices/factors may be explored and fixed as per outcome of wide public consultation.
2. Once, a family got the reservation benefit, its descendants will not be eligible for availing reservation benefits. This is to provide an opportunity to each backward family to come in mainstream of society, however the descendant of that person who availed reservation benefit will not qualify for availing reservation benefits in future.
3. One person, must be allowed, only once in life time to avail the benefit of reservation. ie. if the person has availed the reservation benefit in getting the admission (say in IIT) then he will not be eligible for taking reservation in employment. (The point may be further refined with public consultation)
4. Reservation quota is to be fixed at 40 % maximum.

Earlier, might be some of above suggestions would have difficult to implement as keeping the track of one's life-cycle is quite difficult. However, with advent of unique ID (Aadhaar) it will become easier to keep track of all relevant facts eg if the particular person has availed the reservation benefit or not..or whether he is eligible or not etc..

So let us gun for new Reservation Policy. As far as abolition is concerned, it is unethical, prejudiced and selfish to voice for complete repeal . Not only it will be unethical on part of society but it would have the potential to suppress lower strata of society in the world of consumerism, capitalism and high inflation. It will give rise to agony among those who are really suppressed and have no instrument by government to move ahead in the ladder.[/QUOTE]

Good points...! There will be few changes during public consultation...!!
08-24-2011

:

[QUOTE=Vinay Kumar;13629]And no officer can take any action against that driver because he has come from quota.
Many people (presumably quotawalas) tend to divert the reservation issue by citing the examples of people living below poverty line. Again and again, we have been asking -
1. why reservation benefits should be given to rich people among ST/ST/OBC.etc?
2. Why reservation should be given to the generations of the same person who has availed reservation benefits and is capable of paying fees etc.and having all the resources?
3. Why reservations should be extended to highly skilled educations and jobs?
4. Why reservation system should be continued after 60 years (3 generations)

Sinha ji you have rightly said that Dharti ke lal (Late Shri Lal Bahadur Shashtri ji,X prime minister of India) never begged (reservation0 for his expenses. Even today, open category candidates believe in hard work, not a shortcut..[/QUOTE]

1. why reservation benefits should be given to rich people among ST/ST/OBC.etc? - STRONGLY AGREE
2. Why reservation should be given to the generations of the same person who has availed reservation benefits and is capable of paying fees etc.and having all the resources? - STRONGLY AGREE
3. Why reservations should be extended to highly skilled educations and jobs? - SLIGHTLY DISAGREE
4. Why reservation system should be continued after 60 years (3 generations) - STRONGLY DISAGREE

- Swami Vivekananda

Last edited by raghavwidluv; 08-25-2011 at 01:45 PM
12-29-2011

: Dec 2011
: bargarh, orissa
: 33
:
: 11 | 0.00 Per Day

Hey Frnz Plz Join this Group to help remove corruption from the LOWER LEVEL itself
http://www.indiaagainstcorruption.com/group107.html
The Insight story
05-30-2012

: May 2012
: Mumbai
: 37
:
: 186 | 0.04 Per Day

[QUOTE=surendra singh negi;11756]1. The time has come to afresh the Reservation Policy and needs further reforms.

2. The continuance with the present policy is defeating its purpose of bringing up the social and economical equality at the cost of widespread frustration resentment.

3. As is being sought by so many people now we must shed the caste as a sole criteria for reservation.

4. Economically weaker section must be included in the list.

5. Secondly the reservation quota must not exceed 45%.

6. Then there must be reservation in all schools, irrespective of their being aided by the government funds.

7. We must not forget that today there is so much unrest on account of reservation only on caste basis. Do we want to uplift only lower caste people and not the economically weaker sections. This is also one of the reasons for apathetical attitude of millions in our country and which only is adding fuel to resentment and that point is very much right.

8. The time has also come that the creamy layer must be excluded from the benefits of reservation otherwise it is going to backfire in coming days for the country as a whole. There is so much frustration and resentment in today's youth and this aspect needs urgent attention.[/QUOTE]

The thing that you have said is good but i i don't think that they will increase the reservation for the lower class people.
05-30-2012

: Mar 2011
: Patna
: 73
:
: 219 | 0.05 Per Day
Reservation or no reservation?

The matter has long been discussed and continues to hog attention of all who are concerned. The makers of the constitution had intended it for 10 years, but our politicians saw to it that it always stood there as sore thumb.
Reservation on the basis of caste has done more harm than good and its time we discontinued it, but with the kind of politicians at the helm there is small likelihood of its being shelved.

India Against Corruption
India Against Corruption is a PUBLIC Forum, NOT associated with any organisation(s).
DISCLAIMER: Members of public post content on this website. We hold no responsibility for the same. However, abuse may be reported to us.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0