India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > ANTIRESERVATION FORUM > Introduction

Reservation--how long?

Thanks, Mr. Patil, for your endorsement of my submission on why we must discontinue the use of this monster. Your .....

04-20-2011

: Mar 2011
: Patna
: 73
:
: 219 | 0.05 Per Day
Endorsement

Thanks, Mr. Patil, for your endorsement of my submission on why we must discontinue the use of this monster. Your elucidation of the issue is highly appreciated and inspires me to think more and more people irrespective of which side of the spectrum they belong to will veer round the idea of doing away with reservation. As you rightly pointed out even the erudite and sagacious Dr. Ambedkar also wanted it strictly for 10 years. But look at his pretentious supporters!
I was a little disappointed that while you made a spirited argument against continuation of reservation, you completely overlooked an important aspect I had alluded to: conscription--compulsory military service. Even if is for two years or five years, it should be enforced if only to infuse a sense of nationalism in the citizens of the country. At the moment does it not look like that more and more people are keen to make more money than serve their nation. In fact, if you look around you, you get a disgusting feeling that no one today cares for his/her country. It is because of what Wordsworth had said,"the world is too much with us". Naked materialism heralded by liberalization and globalization has obliterated from our psyche the need for taking pride in our country. The so-called broadminded and developed people have ceased to be citizens of any one country. Rather, they consider themselves as the citizens of the world, which gives them licence to take their money to any part of the world. We need people with a sense of nationalism. Conscription can foster this sense. Please say something on this.
04-22-2011

: Apr 2011
: JAMSHEDPUR
: 55
:
: 5 | 0.00 Per Day

We should check the reason for failure of the reservation policy we have followed.
As I perceived the policy was to help the deprived in the society,but the benefit of it waas limited to a limited block.The person who received the benefit of the reservation hoe he can be treated a deprived and are getting resevation for generations.We must assure one will get benefit of reservation only once and no more in his family will get benefit of it.Even if one get priority at the time of education no benefit should be extended at the time of job.Following this the benefit will spread fast and the society will develop at large.
04-23-2011

: Oct 2009
:
: 216 | 0.04 Per Day
Mayawati Mania

Look at the statement of Mayawati. She says- Even after 63 years of independence, why we can not find a member from SC/ST in Jan Lokpal Bill drafting committee? She means that reservation should be extended to this area too. These are the reasons we want the complete removal of the reservation system. We are encouraged by the deep thoughts of people opposed to reservation system. We are sure if this message is spread across the world, we are sure of removing this evil. The last lap of the operation is - implementation.

Last edited by Vinay Kumar; 04-23-2011 at 02:18 PM
04-28-2011

: gwalior
:
: 711 | 0.15 Per Day

Gentle men we have already given uttar pradesh to sc/st for running a good government. I think uttar pradesh is sufficient for her and her sc/st group to make it free of corruption. Unfortunately Shu Shri Maya Bati could not say anything against corruption even today. Then How can we let her demand go for some value.
04-29-2011

:

Well, she responded by not permitting Anna Hazare to hold his meetings in UP. The corrupt are threatened. How can they allow anyone to attack their breed and tribe? And look at the way all corrupt have ganged up to throw the PAC Chairman out just because he showed the gumption of finding fault with the PM and his PMO. Chor chor mausera bhai.
05-08-2011

:

The policy of reservation failed because the implementing machinery left a yawning gap between the spirit and the letter, implemented only the letter of the policy and ignored the underlying spirit of why it was brought in in the first place by the constitution builders including Dr. Ambedkar. This policy was used by a handful to corner the benefits for self-aggrandisement and self enrichment. That became the underlying principle and acquired the present day hue.
05-10-2011

: gwalior
:
: 711 | 0.15 Per Day

[QUOTE=NCSinha;13883]Well, she responded by not permitting Anna Hazare to hold his meetings in UP. The corrupt are threatened. How can they allow anyone to attack their breed and tribe? And look at the way all corrupt have ganged up to throw the PAC Chairman out just because he showed the gumption of finding fault with the PM and his PMO. Chor chor mausera bhai.[/QUOTE]

well said sir ! but if u do not mind then i wish to change proverb "chor chor sage bhai" instead of "mausere bhai"..........
05-31-2011

: Oct 2009
:
: 216 | 0.04 Per Day

Please find very important news.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Quota beneficiaries rule merit lis2.doc (19.5 , 3 views)
05-31-2011

:

Gratifying news and a welcome one.
08-23-2011

: Aug 2011
: Hyderabad
:
: 87 | 0.02 Per Day

@ SKJHA1969

I agree with your point... The person who availed reservation benefits once or twice should not be allowed further... Also, there should be limit on number of family members as well... Lets say, a person has 4 kids then he can avail it only for 1 or 2 kids... It will have a control on population as well... Sim'ly, few more changes in policies will have a great output & will fulfil its purpose...

India Against Corruption
India Against Corruption is a PUBLIC Forum, NOT associated with any organisation(s).
DISCLAIMER: Members of public post content on this website. We hold no responsibility for the same. However, abuse may be reported to us.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0