View Single Post
09-16-2011
Summit Ensign

: Aug 2011
: Kolkata
:
: 384 | 0.08 Per Day

Dear Prakash,

That was BEAUTIFUL....MINDBLOWING....ONE OF THE BEST POLITICAL ANALYSES of the situation that I've read so far.

More of this is needed...instead what I find on many other threads People only jumping about Narendra Modi and Rahul Gandhi...as if India does not have any other options...any other better person.

What you've written is EXACTLY what is called for. Though I do have a small suggestion to make - I'll do that later - let me first focus on the essentials.

And that is, I'm ready to to support you and anyone in any noble Endeavour that they take to cleanse the system of our country. I'm in West Bengal, Kolkata, and will do whatever possible (though keeping in view my studies and my exams) to help you and others who take up this great cause.

Yes, I do have a suggestion - a tiny tweak to the process - and that is, instead of a Political Party, we fight the Elections as a Civilian Association. I've already written about that earlier on this forum, so instead of repeating I'll just give you the links, and hope that does fine.

Ok...First for a basic Definition of a Civilian Association, you could go here -
High time.....anna supporters should contest next elections and we should make them win (this is a DIRECT LINK TO THE POST, and NOT JUST the THREAD)
And about the Nature and Utility of Civilian Associations, visit this -
Should Shri Anna Hajare form a Political Party ? (again, a DIRECT LINK TO THE POST, and NOT JUST the THREAD)
I understand that implementing the idea of a Civilian Association might be slightly more difficult (I emphasise - "might be", though I'm not quite sure) than a Political Party; however, I feel it WOULD provide certain advantages over a Political Party. A Civilian Association would NOT suffer from the vices that we've outlined for a Political Party here (interestingly, this is the same discussion that You and I had some time back... ) -
Does a SEPARATION OF POWERS really exist IN OUR POLITICAL SYSTEM ?
A Civilian Association would not have the strength to turn turtle - rakshak se bhakshak nahin ban payega - because the Individual Members that constitute it would not have the "Wealth and Muscle" needed to influence outcomes.

Futher, a Civilian Association could show that the Janata of this country could fight Elections even without a Political Party, and thus bolster both the Morale and the Image of Independent Candidates, and bring them in as a Powerful Force to Reckon with in the Political Atmosphere of India. That will set a Precedent to all other Political Parties, clearly warning them of the dangers of Political Oblivion if they were to turn Corrupt.

But then, I wouldn't really keep insisting on a Civilian Association if it looks difficult at this time
. What I feel more important is to put the Political Machinery of Honest and Dedicated People in place; whether that comes as a Political Party or as a Civilian Association right now is not on top of the list (though I'd certainly prefer Civilian Associations).

Therefore, I'm with you in whatever manner or nature you decide to fight, and I'll put forward the best help possible (though that might be somewhat limited due to the Studies and Exams I'm going through right now).

For a Start, I have a suggestion -

(1) Why don't we set up a Thread on this Forum where we can ask for people who wish to Volunteer to Verify the Credentials of People who wish to run for Elections for us. That does the first step - it Creates the Backbone for Recruiting Potential Candidates.

(2) Second, once we have that Backbone in Place, we Start a Thread to Request Applications from People who actually want to Contest the Elections.

I know this idea might sound silly, but then, if not for anything else, lets do it as a Political Exercise. At least this will give us some idea of the Reality of the Basis on which we are Hoisting these Ideas. Lets Test Ourselves. And who knows, that this might actually turn out to be the Powerful Step that sets the Machinery that we're so seeking into Motion.

This brainer might now be only in its infancy; but then we can certainly modify and improve upon it as we keep gathering experience.

But before we do, we need to set up this Disclaimer on that Thread : "The Activity in this thread is being done solely as a Political Exercise. The Outcome of this Exercise is not Guaranteed in any manner whatsoever. People submitting their names to, using Information from, or dealing with this thread in any manner whatsoever will do so completely at their own risk. This thread and any Person or Organisation related or connected with it in any manner whatsoever will not be in any way responsible for any result or consequence, whether direct or indirect, whether express or implied, that comes out of it. You've been Warned."

And it should also carry a request - "Please keep all your posts in this thread honest and clean to the best of your knowledge. We intend to take this up as a Serious Political Exercise, therefore we request you to kindly keep up with the noble image and intentions behind it, and treat this thread with all the due Respect and Honesty that it Deserves. Thank You."

Or Maybe, better still, let us first run a Thread to Decide and Finalise the Text, Context, Declarations, Requests, Disclaimers, and anything else, that we need to put up, and then open the Solicitation thread. I think that would be better.

For a beginning, lets start a thread with a Vote on it, whether Anna's supporters should run for Elections as a Political Party, or as a Civilian Association. On that thread the First Article should explain the difference between the two. We could also ask for comments on the nature and background of the People they wish to see in that Outfit.

NOTE : WE MIGHT KEEP SUCH THREADS TIME-BOUND, i.e. People will have to respond within a Certain Period of time. (Your Opinions).

Finally, for a hint on the possible risks that this might entail, let me give you a small link (a post that I put up some time back - when Annaji's Fast was going on) -
Lokpal can CERTAINLY be passed within 2+1/2 Years.

Ok, that's what I wanted to say here.

What say you ?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Summit.

Last edited by Summit Ensign; 09-16-2011 at 05:21 PM