07-30-2011
frazerkeswani

: Jul 2011
: Pune
: 57
:
: 1 | 0.00 Per Day
Corruption Meaning & understanding

Though its a very basic thing to begin from self, however when we are talking of corruption on this platform, we need to understand its meaning in a different perspective, corruption means where your basic rights are denied, delayed due to some undeserved favours (cash or kind), here corruption means snatching of legitimate right of the citizens, resulting in huge masses being conned.

For example: Many of us may have given donations to educational institues, to get their wards admitted, is this corruption? yes it would definately be corruption if this is a singular institute, and a meritorious student is sidelined and seat encroached upon by you. However the awnser would be a definate NO if we are talking of premium private institutions, which run and thrive on such donations, where seats are not alloted as per merit but as per the capitation amounts, there is no injustice done to a meritorius candidate.

I hope that you all may agree to the above

This might seem to be an absurd question, especially in a forum against political and beurocratic corruption. BUT, it is an important one. Dont we start giving bribes to our children and start asking for them from our relatives and friends in position of favour? Let us take a look at a few examples.
  1. We bribe our children to do/not-do a prticular (probably a wrong) task, like "Beta, i'll give you a chockolate if you tell me what your dadi said about me!!" or "Gudiya, don't tell you mama that I was smoking if you want a new doll!!!".
  2. We ask (actually preassurise) some of our friends/relatives to do something for us that they would not have done otherwise. Like getting free tickets to a cricket match, even if we can afford to spend Rs.500/- per ticket.
Shouldn't we take a pledge not only to fight against corruption at national or regional level BUT ALSO AT A PERSONAL LEVEL.