India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > INDIA AGAINST CORRUPTION > DISCUSSIONS > Opinion & POLLs

Are we not corrupt ourselves????

This might seem to be an absurd question, especially in a forum against political and beurocratic corruption. BUT, it is .....

04-08-2011

: Apr 2011
: Jaipur
: 44
:
: 1 | 0.00 Per Day
Exclamation Are we not corrupt ourselves????

This might seem to be an absurd question, especially in a forum against political and beurocratic corruption. BUT, it is an important one. Dont we start giving bribes to our children and start asking for them from our relatives and friends in position of favour? Let us take a look at a few examples.
  1. We bribe our children to do/not-do a prticular (probably a wrong) task, like "Beta, i'll give you a chockolate if you tell me what your dadi said about me!!" or "Gudiya, don't tell you mama that I was smoking if you want a new doll!!!".
  2. We ask (actually preassurise) some of our friends/relatives to do something for us that they would not have done otherwise. Like getting free tickets to a cricket match, even if we can afford to spend Rs.500/- per ticket.
Shouldn't we take a pledge not only to fight against corruption at national or regional level BUT ALSO AT A PERSONAL LEVEL.
04-08-2011

: Chennai
: 70
:
: 166 | 0.04 Per Day

True, we should stop being corrupt ourselves.

But fish rots from the top, as the saying goes. If you stop the top people from being corrupt, they will themselves make sure there's no corruption down below.

We're corrupt because most of us are forced to be, and some of us indulge in it. Once corruption stops at the top, they won't permit junior officials to be corrupt. And those of us who are forced to be pay up will stop paying. Still a few may indulge in corruption, but they will do it under constant fear, and many of them will be caught.

Starting at the bottom is not only infeasible, because there are crores of us, but also stopping lower level corruption won't stop corruption at the top.

But equating 2G, Adarsh, CWG, Fodder, scams with common man's corruption is unfair. If the system is tightened at the top, it will stop at all levels.
04-08-2011

: THANE
: 76
:

I think this is very valid point. The jan lokapl bill even if it is accepted by the government will take years for its implementation. Meanwhile each individual has to take a vow that he/she will not indulge in any sort of corrupt parctice at any cost. If a mjority of the citizens can implement this vow in toto corruption would die down. Honestly speaking i feel it is the hindu ethos that is making us corrupt. Actually we are comfortable in the corrupt society. Our religious leaders should truthfully spread the hindu philosophy rather than the corrupted version. The single most myth to be removed from our mind is " for every sin there is a prayaschithha'" that is why all the temples are becoming richer. We have to inculcate in the minds of the people that for every sin you commit a reaction is waiting to happen. There is no prayaschithha for any sin committed. Can we obey all the rules of the land? If that is so why corrupton? Let each one of us honestly ask ourselves and correct ourselves first.
07-11-2011

: Jun 2011
: coimbatore
: 34
:
: 17 | 0.00 Per Day

It's good posting...

Cegonsoft
07-27-2011

: Jul 2011
: Bijnor, UP
: 45
:
: 18 | 0.00 Per Day

1. We should not compare chocolate given by parents with Gov. scams/corruptions. For Ex.: Mother is making feeding as baby was crying. It can be concluded as bribe, but only by a corrupt person who is trying to justify his/her corruption.

2. Matter is that how to kill corruption. For that anti-corruption movement required.

3. Only corrupt can oppose the anti-corruption movement (Anshan).

4. We need to ask ourselves, What Anna will get by leading anti-corruption movement AND what Ministers/Bureaucrats will get by criticize/oppose anti-corruption movement.

Please be aware that only corrupts do not want any law or punishment for corruption.
07-29-2011

: chennai
:
: 3 | 0.00 Per Day
Are we not corrupt ourselves

We eliminate corruption when bribes are not asked from Government officals.

When we follow a certain procedure the staff of that organisation asks for bribe without giving them we can not do that thing.

To eliminate bribe it should not be asked
07-29-2011

: Bijnor, UP
: 45
:
: 18 | 0.00 Per Day

It means we need a well equipped system which can fight against corruption.
There should be no doubt that is only & only Jan Lokpal/Lokayukta.
While the few jokers want a shield to carry on the scams (As announced).

Example: Once my colleague invite me for breakfast. He serve me few snacks & I tested all the available items & appreciated all the things available although I did not like those snacks but I had to follow the traditional values. Same thing is going to happen in Parliament. Member can discuss only, They can not change the scope.

Now we have to decide what we are going to serve our loving children. A scam-full/corrupt or scam-free/corruption-lessatmosphere.

Go Ahead ANNA, true INDIANS are following.
07-30-2011

: Pune
: 57
:
Corruption Meaning & understanding

Though its a very basic thing to begin from self, however when we are talking of corruption on this platform, we need to understand its meaning in a different perspective, corruption means where your basic rights are denied, delayed due to some undeserved favours (cash or kind), here corruption means snatching of legitimate right of the citizens, resulting in huge masses being conned.

For example: Many of us may have given donations to educational institues, to get their wards admitted, is this corruption? yes it would definately be corruption if this is a singular institute, and a meritorious student is sidelined and seat encroached upon by you. However the awnser would be a definate NO if we are talking of premium private institutions, which run and thrive on such donations, where seats are not alloted as per merit but as per the capitation amounts, there is no injustice done to a meritorius candidate.

I hope that you all may agree to the above

This might seem to be an absurd question, especially in a forum against political and beurocratic corruption. BUT, it is an important one. Dont we start giving bribes to our children and start asking for them from our relatives and friends in position of favour? Let us take a look at a few examples.
  1. We bribe our children to do/not-do a prticular (probably a wrong) task, like "Beta, i'll give you a chockolate if you tell me what your dadi said about me!!" or "Gudiya, don't tell you mama that I was smoking if you want a new doll!!!".
  2. We ask (actually preassurise) some of our friends/relatives to do something for us that they would not have done otherwise. Like getting free tickets to a cricket match, even if we can afford to spend Rs.500/- per ticket.
Shouldn't we take a pledge not only to fight against corruption at national or regional level BUT ALSO AT A PERSONAL LEVEL.

India Against Corruption
India Against Corruption is a PUBLIC Forum, NOT associated with any organisation(s).
DISCLAIMER: Members of public post content on this website. We hold no responsibility for the same. However, abuse may be reported to us.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0