View Single Post
06-14-2011
Amit Sachan

: Jun 2011
: Singapore
:
: 2 | 0.00 Per Day

When I say disconnect between rural and urban India it doesn't mean that rural India is completely unaware about such a movement. Even urban India is aware about the corruption and wanted to fight against it from past 10 to 15 years. But what did we do? When the people like Anna Hazare showed us the path then we went along with him. Its not that we (as in urban India) didn't wanted to do anything about corruption but we didn't know how to do, what to do. Once got a chance we participated in movement against corruption and could extend our support. We had the intension but we didn't had tools. Anna Saheb gave that tool by which we could show our support to the movement or cause. Now when talk about letters, I am sure our Prime minister is not going to read it. Its also not that I am not aware about the paper wastage or else I could have said about e-mail campaign. But the motive is to provide a tool to the rural India by which they can extend their support to the movement. Imagine even if 15-20 Crs of Indian citizen writing letters for the same cause to the Prime minister office that too every day.
As far as credential of prime minister is concerned I am totally aware about this. I know how he ignore the wrong doings of A. Raja. How many time Mr. Subramanian Swami wrote letters about 2G scam. How he overlooked Kalmadi. How he went mum on the appointment of PJ Thomas. Cricket Diplomacy for which I think every Indian criticized him. I agree with you that if we start writing about him and his corrupt government, it might take several years.
Now As my being in Singapore is concerned then let me tell you that I am better informed about India than an average Indian is. I came just few weeks back on an assignment. I know in India formers are doing suicide. I know how in U.P. Land is being acquired from the farmers under LAA which was formed by congress government. I know about the kind Atrocities government has done on the citizens of India who were doing peaceful prayers and hunger strike at Ramleela maidan. How money is distributed by almost every party for votes. I know how arrogantly congress spokesperson behaves in the debates on the national television. I understand that being elected member it's not only MP's who can think about the country's future, every citizens has that right and can struggle for that. I have been to rural villages of Bangalore, organized several medical camps and distributed medicines. I know that in those villages people don't have money and resources to feed themselves for one day. They are dying of hunger and poor medical facilities. I also participated in the agitation against corruption lead by our respected Anna Hazare. I also know why I left my native place because we don't have jobs for IT professionals there and that's also only because of corrupt government.
I also agree with you about the moral degradation of civil society. Its only markets and money which matters now. In school we used to have a subject called "Moral Science" which is also evaporated from the syllabus along with the strength of character of the civil society.
Coming back to the subject I know many professionals who were extremely satisfied after participating the movement with Anna Saheb. We all are supporting our fight against corruption. My intention was only to put forward this idea which can provide a tool to ordinary Indian because its cheap and accessible. When one participates he takes the cause more seriously. I know there are many eminent personalities present who are actually leading this fight and showing us the proper path of struggle. I am hope full and will always put my efforts in which ever way I can to serve my nation and its citizens. I hope one day I will see a corruption free India.