India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > INDIA AGAINST CORRUPTION > Anna Hazare

Please Analyze the Idea of letter campaign

Hi All, To Start with my name is Amit Kumar Sachan. Currently working as Software Engineer in Singapore. I see .....

06-14-2011

: Jun 2011
: Singapore
:
: 2 | 0.00 Per Day
Lightbulb Please Analyze the Idea of letter campaign

Hi All,

To Start with my name is Amit Kumar Sachan.
Currently working as Software Engineer in Singapore.

I see a clear disconnect of awareness about this India Against Corruption Campaign between Rural India and Urban India.

My suggestion is to start a letter campaign, written by Indian citizens and directed to Pri-minster office. These letters should contain strong message/views about the Jan Lokpall Bill, black money and support that citizens are providing to Anna Hazare. One letter per day or may be per week (People who are experienced in leading these types of campaign can decide upon the number and after analyzing the impact).

These letters can be in any language. I think this way we can spread the awareness all round including the rural area. This way people of rural India can also show their support to the movement. They will also feel connected to the movement. Some of the letters can be send to news room of different channels. Some letters can be displayed on the local print media so that other people read those letters and get inspired to participate in the campaign.

I believe in this Idea. If Activist and other people find this idea credible and think that it can make some impact, then Please take this up.

Please post your honest opinion about the idea of this kind of campaign.

Thanks & Regards,
Amit Sachan
06-14-2011

: Mar 2011
: Patna
: 73
:
: 219 | 0.05 Per Day

From Singapore you are able to see a disconnect between rural and urban India which is largely the creation of our media in order that they sell their ware on TV. There is no disconnect as such. Since your intents are so good, we cannot tell you it shows your disconnect with India. We appreciate this level of awareness amongst those who are ensconced away in different countries, but feel for India. It is this awareness which is more important than writing letters to the prime minister which incidentally we have been doing from time to time. But its a sheer waste of time, energy and paper. He does not read any of the papers/letters sent to him. Can you imagine he did not have time to go through various files of PJ Thomas whom he appointed as India's Central Vigilance Commissioner despite being told about his complicity in certain corruption cases. It took the the apex court of the country to undo it. He is the same prime minister who signed joint declaration with Pakistan in which India was indicted for fomenting trouble in Baluchistan. As for his ministers, the less said the better. These are his positives. If I have to give an account of his positives, no space will be left for other things. Good thing is--today India is a better informed country so far as corruption is concerned than it was years ago and with communication having become widespread and improved, the much vaunted divide between rural and urban is largely blurred. If the level of participation is somewhat poor, it is because of the necessity of making both ends meet. It is only the government that is not able to see the change and since media has to survive on the victuals supplied by the government, it keeps drum beating this divide and most of the outside world see India through the eyes of the media. Hence the blurred vision.
But yes, the fight needs strength of character which sadly evaporates at the sight of money. With the monster of liberalization having corroded and corrupted every segment of our society, it has largely sullied the character of humans who are fast becoming morally bankrupt. But we have some people in our midst who can inject the potion of morality and honesty in the teeming millions. They are gradually seeing the red in the tyranny of the elected people who are playing havoc with India and Indians. Keep exhorting and supporting us all in our own fight against corruption. We are sure we are going to make the difference, occasional setbacks notwithstanding.
06-14-2011

: Singapore
:
: 2 | 0.00 Per Day

When I say disconnect between rural and urban India it doesn't mean that rural India is completely unaware about such a movement. Even urban India is aware about the corruption and wanted to fight against it from past 10 to 15 years. But what did we do? When the people like Anna Hazare showed us the path then we went along with him. Its not that we (as in urban India) didn't wanted to do anything about corruption but we didn't know how to do, what to do. Once got a chance we participated in movement against corruption and could extend our support. We had the intension but we didn't had tools. Anna Saheb gave that tool by which we could show our support to the movement or cause. Now when talk about letters, I am sure our Prime minister is not going to read it. Its also not that I am not aware about the paper wastage or else I could have said about e-mail campaign. But the motive is to provide a tool to the rural India by which they can extend their support to the movement. Imagine even if 15-20 Crs of Indian citizen writing letters for the same cause to the Prime minister office that too every day.
As far as credential of prime minister is concerned I am totally aware about this. I know how he ignore the wrong doings of A. Raja. How many time Mr. Subramanian Swami wrote letters about 2G scam. How he overlooked Kalmadi. How he went mum on the appointment of PJ Thomas. Cricket Diplomacy for which I think every Indian criticized him. I agree with you that if we start writing about him and his corrupt government, it might take several years.
Now As my being in Singapore is concerned then let me tell you that I am better informed about India than an average Indian is. I came just few weeks back on an assignment. I know in India formers are doing suicide. I know how in U.P. Land is being acquired from the farmers under LAA which was formed by congress government. I know about the kind Atrocities government has done on the citizens of India who were doing peaceful prayers and hunger strike at Ramleela maidan. How money is distributed by almost every party for votes. I know how arrogantly congress spokesperson behaves in the debates on the national television. I understand that being elected member it's not only MP's who can think about the country's future, every citizens has that right and can struggle for that. I have been to rural villages of Bangalore, organized several medical camps and distributed medicines. I know that in those villages people don't have money and resources to feed themselves for one day. They are dying of hunger and poor medical facilities. I also participated in the agitation against corruption lead by our respected Anna Hazare. I also know why I left my native place because we don't have jobs for IT professionals there and that's also only because of corrupt government.
I also agree with you about the moral degradation of civil society. Its only markets and money which matters now. In school we used to have a subject called "Moral Science" which is also evaporated from the syllabus along with the strength of character of the civil society.
Coming back to the subject I know many professionals who were extremely satisfied after participating the movement with Anna Saheb. We all are supporting our fight against corruption. My intention was only to put forward this idea which can provide a tool to ordinary Indian because its cheap and accessible. When one participates he takes the cause more seriously. I know there are many eminent personalities present who are actually leading this fight and showing us the proper path of struggle. I am hope full and will always put my efforts in which ever way I can to serve my nation and its citizens. I hope one day I will see a corruption free India.
06-14-2011

:
Much to achieve before we go to sleep

Spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings. Good. There is hope yet for india. Being on the same wavelength is always a joy. But there are things to achieve before we go to sleep.
07-04-2011

: Noida
: 44
:
: 22 | 0.00 Per Day
If not letters then SMS or E-mails instead.

I like the idea of a letter campaign but isn't possible as who would take the pain of writing as well as correctly quoted by you that it would be all waste as our P.M. never takes the pain of straining his eyes .
Hence a SMS can do the right job. A method of movement in which everyone can participate. Where mass can contribute.
It just has to be typed once and has to be kept on forwarding to every one we know as well as to news channels. Every one would just need to add their name to it and forward.

Contents of the sms can be anythig like:
-
''Mr P.M. A TRUE PERSON IS NEVER AFRAID OF TRUTH, EITHER ACCEPT CIVIL SOCIETY'S DEMANDS OR QUIT.
Sachin. Friends add your name and forward this sms to news channel (say NDTV on 56388 for instance) as well as to every one you know '' .
another Sms can be like this addressing
presidents and premiers of all countries giving financial support to india as well as the world bank.:
''PLEASE DON'T AID INDIA ANY MORE, OUR LEADERS ARE UTILIZING IT FOR SCAMS.''

If the media recieves these msgs on mass scale even for 3 or more consecutive days and airs it This can a big blow for the govt.

Even those who want to accompany Anna in the fight against corruption but can not, or even those who never partcipates in rallies etc but want to show their anger to the govt can put their word And add to the fight.

From Singapore you are able to see a disconnect between rural and urban India which is largely the creation of our media in order that they sell their ware on TV. There is no disconnect as such. Since your intents are so good, we cannot tell you it shows your disconnect with India. We appreciate this level of awareness amongst those who are ensconced away in different countries, but feel for India. It is this awareness which is more important than writing letters to the prime minister which incidentally we have been doing from time to time. But its a sheer waste of time, energy and paper. He does not read any of the papers/letters sent to him. Can you imagine he did not have time to go through various files of PJ Thomas whom he appointed as India's Central Vigilance Commissioner despite being told about his complicity in certain corruption cases. It took the the apex court of the country to undo it. He is the same prime minister who signed joint declaration with Pakistan in which India was indicted for fomenting trouble in Baluchistan. As for his ministers, the less said the better. These are his positives. If I have to give an account of his positives, no space will be left for other things. Good thing is--today India is a better informed country so far as corruption is concerned than it was years ago and with communication having become widespread and improved, the much vaunted divide between rural and urban is largely blurred. If the level of participation is somewhat poor, it is because of the necessity of making both ends meet. It is only the government that is not able to see the change and since media has to survive on the victuals supplied by the government, it keeps drum beating this divide and most of the outside world see India through the eyes of the media. Hence the blurred vision.
But yes, the fight needs strength of character which sadly evaporates at the sight of money. With the monster of liberalization having corroded and corrupted every segment of our society, it has largely sullied the character of humans who are fast becoming morally bankrupt. But we have some people in our midst who can inject the potion of morality and honesty in the teeming millions. They are gradually seeing the red in the tyranny of the elected people who are playing havoc with India and Indians. Keep exhorting and supporting us all in our own fight against corruption. We are sure we are going to make the difference, occasional setbacks notwithstanding.

Last edited by Sachinn; 07-04-2011 at 07:48 PM
07-04-2011

:
A well thought out idea

Dear Sachinn,
Your message is clear and well thought out. SMS is certainly a better idea. It is brief and easy to reach. It can certainly be tried out. How about this as message:" Do not beat in the void, your luminous wings in vain, Mr. PM. Either accept a strong lokpal suggested by civil society or leave the office". Incidentally, we are living in a world that is wiped clean with the lure of lucre, i.e. money.
NC Sinha
07-04-2011

: Noida
: 44
:
: 22 | 0.00 Per Day
Can we really do this.

Sir I'm not a good orator nor eloquent.
Mine is just a suggestion, thanx for motivating. Contents can be whatevr u decide. Any thing talking straight and staring in to the eyes in any languge will be fine.
07-05-2011

:

Dear Sachinn,
On re-reading your slogan, I find it is more suited for the occasion than the one I suggested. So, why not start this immediately by launching it from your end since you have initiated it? Please go ahead and start sending SMS. Thanks once again and keep going with the same spirit and spread it far and wide. We are sure to make the difference despite occasional setbacks. And just do not worry about your oratory and eloquence. They are good enough.
NC Sinha

Last edited by NCSinha; 07-05-2011 at 03:35 PM

India Against Corruption
India Against Corruption is a PUBLIC Forum, NOT associated with any organisation(s).
DISCLAIMER: Members of public post content on this website. We hold no responsibility for the same. However, abuse may be reported to us.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0