View Single Post
04-30-2011
aashish80

: Apr 2011
: Delhi
: 43
:
: 1 | 0.00 Per Day

Am naive so can someone care to explain me what this bill and this great fight will accomplish over the period of next 4 years ?

Care to explain me that when politics and bureaucracy becomes clean of all corruption/graft, what would be in it for politicians to contest for elections ? Who would sponsor their election campaigns ? What will be in it for any party worker to give up his time and be a part of the political parties ?

Is corruption we fight only that of bribes/graft or is also that of abuse of power ?

Nevertheless this maybe a positive step and a one in the right direction reflecting the will of common man of India but since my early learning in childhood I presume no one can speak the right sentence before mastering the alphabets, leave aside writing a full page in the annals of our constitution.

My expectations were far different from what you guys have come up with. I was looking forward to re-writing of our archaic constitution, change to presidential form of governance, a plebiscite, so on so forth.

At the core of our problem is our archaic constitution, its laws and bye-laws with over half of them written in pre-Independence era. Now I maybe young and profoundly stupid to suggest that this whole exercise of India Against Corruption is a sham which will give rise to even bigger problems.

I never heard of cancer being cured in the entire body by a single super-pill or the most expensive band-aid. We are always trapped in finding wrong solutions to non-existent issues. I am ashamed of finding corruption in every nook and corner of my country and even further ashamed today to see that the (so-called) intellectual class of people in my country are coming up with the worst of solutions.

I guess it will still be a long time before I say - 'I am proud to be Indian'.