View Single Post
09-05-2011
Summit Ensign

: Aug 2011
: Kolkata
:
: 384 | 0.08 Per Day

Wonderful ideas Summit...

The report card one is awesome... But don't you think questioning the corrupted politicians directly, who may have some criminal background, is too risky...!?!

I think, not only we should become an EXPERT but also encourage the people around us to be the same, without any egos and/or jealousy... We should remember that all we are doing is for our country & humanity... There shouldnt be any discriminations here...

How about teaching the students in Govt. schools & colleges for free...!?! I am planning to do that... In most of the cases, teachers in Govt. schools & colleges dont take classes... Even though they attend, they cant update with the latest trends & Students from such background can't compete with the students from corporate schools & colleges... When they turn 18, they also have the right & RESPONSIBILITY to vote... They need proper guidance from the beginning... As you said earlier, this group of people are actually NOT TESTED & create wonders with little encouragement...

Coming to Business & Industries, I am completely against Industrialization... In my view, every village & town should be developed as self-sustainable models by using only natural & pollution-free resources as Anna ji did... We already have soo much technology... Do we really need more when there is lot of pollution & lack of food... Ofcourse its not possible to stop it but its just my opinion...

If I am right, Business & Industries means, to have small scale industries like hand made things etc. then it would be a great idea...

Regards,

Raghav

Hi Raghav,

I agree with most of your views, and differ on one...

Thanks for bigging me up on the Report Card...

Yes, it is dangerous to directly go and question Polits with Criminal Backgrounds is Dangerous...Very, Very Dangerous...

Your idea of teaching for free in Govt. schools is AWESOME...YES, that is EXACTLY what we require more of...the CHANGE MUST BEGIN AT THE GRASSROOTS...A healthier sprout leads to a stouter willow...

In fact, I've also been considering a Variant, i.e. to start a Citizen Club in my Area, with Young People, especially the unprivileged. But in the midst of all that I am in, I'm still guessing the spots on my Clock and Calendar I could avail.

But, I don't quite seem to be able to concur with the part on Business and Industry. It would be lovely to be able to develop each and every village as a self-sufficient entity...but it reality, that cannot be sustained. No Man is an Island....see, if the Computer was developed to be a self sustained entity having no transaction with any other...the Internet wouldn't have come into existence...and I and You wouldn't have been talking...God has not made any one of us complete...that is the reason that humans live in a society...similarly, God hasn't endowed every place with all the riches...locations need to complement each other.

Further, if every unit were self-sustainable, that could soon lead to closeting...communications between units could dry up...and the structure begin to gravitate toward Feudalism...that's doubly dangerous...

Remember, Necessity is the mother of not just invention...but also of communication...

Small and middle scale industries are fine, but it is large scale industries that keep the majority of the economy afloat. There are certain products like Petroleum, Steel, Cement, Pharmaceuticals etc that need to achieve something called "Economies of Scale" to be Profitable and Sustainable. Small and medium scale set-ups just can't achieve that.

Take a clue from Nature...it's packed with diversity...where sixty feet redwoods race to the sky, smaller shrubs and herbs squat the earth; where yellow blooms, red and blue flourish; where the pineapple bulks, the peanut squeezes in too. Things co-exist; and those that don't simply cease to exist. It is fallacious to think only one scale will survive, and others will perish; Mother Nature isn't exclusive, but rather inclusive; it has room for everyone - well maybe almost everyone. Everything will find its place under the sun.

Understand, we are at the doors of the Space Age; within probably a few decades, we'll start colonising Real Estate outside of Earth. To turn back at this crucial juncture to a feudal or closeted existence, will be walking retrograde in time. That's, probably, suicidal.

But being an Environment buff and a die-hard Nature Romantic myself, I can really understand your emotions. In fact, I can point out what you're going through right now. Whenever I see chimneys spewing fumes into the open, and sewers spitting turd into rivers, something just cuts across my heart. I bleed inside. That makes me an advocate of RESPONSIBLE INDUSTRIALISATION, i.e. Industrialising without harming Nature. You just can't throw your scat and piddle anywhere and run. If you're exuding something, make sure you kill off its dross before disposing it outdoors. EFFLUENT TREATMENT AND DETOXIFICATION SHOULD BE MADE ABSOLUTELY MANDATORY, AND FOLLOWED UP WITH SEVERE PUNISHMENTS IF VIOLATED (Hopefully, under a non-corrupt administration, this should not be tough to implement).

Hope that sets me up....

Enjoy,

Summit.

Last edited by Summit Ensign; 09-05-2011 at 01:47 AM