India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > INDIA AGAINST CORRUPTION > Entering Politics Opinion
New Topics

Entering politics

Having tried all options, this seems to be the only alternative left. Indians do want clean politics and a corrupt .....

08-02-2012

: Aug 2012
: Pune
:
: 1 | 0.00 Per Day
Thumbs up Entering politics

Having tried all options, this seems to be the only alternative left. Indians do want clean politics and a corrupt free India. I extend my full support to IAC to be politically active. I would like to actively participate and gather support for IAC candidates.

Some challenges / questions are:
1. How to garner support from rural India?
2. How will IAC rise above castism in Indian politics?
3. Time and again it has been seen that votes are bought. How does IAC plan to counter that move?
4. Apart from corruption will IAC have any other agenda?
5. A huge number of urban voters dont turn out to vote as they have been let down time & again by their very representatives. How to motivate and encourage them to vote?
6. Many times quite a few independent candidates have been known to be clean. Would IAC support these candidates?

My best wishes with IAC & Team Anna!!

Darshana
08-02-2012

: Jun 2011
: HYDERABAD
:
: 2 | 0.00 Per Day
Joining politics

August 2, 2012

Whether we like it or not, in India, all movements need to convert into a political party.
But now comes the real challenge. Political party based on caste or region has been able to win seats and survive. But parties based on broad based issues, such as corruption, governance, etc, have not been successful.
I warn, the party needs to focus on 2014 election and ensure that it wins seats. Otherwise the party may slowly fade away as a non entity. The party needs to covert the anti corruption anger into vote.

This is going to be extremely challenging.
I also suggest, do not ignore Baba Ramdev. He has large followings in the rural area of North and east. U have to join hands with him.

Politicians of other parties will be watching this very closely. Some may like to switch over to your party. Let them join. If we want to reach Parliament we need to win seats.

ALL IS FAIR IN INDIAN POLITICS.
All the best.

K.Venkataraman

India Against Corruption
India Against Corruption is a PUBLIC Forum, NOT associated with any organisation(s).
DISCLAIMER: Members of public post content on this website. We hold no responsibility for the same. However, abuse may be reported to us.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0