India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > INDIA AGAINST CORRUPTION > Anna Hazare
New Topics

ANNa has given the direction!

dear frndz, even I prefer concise posts.I will take care. It is said ' when thoughts are clear words are .....

09-17-2011

: Apr 2011
: Dehradun
: 56
:
: 33 | 0.01 Per Day

dear frndz,
even I prefer concise posts.I will take care.
It is said 'when thoughts are clear words are few!'
thanks
09-19-2011

:

Dear Summit,

1.About formation of new political party or civil association :

In case of civil association candidates are independent, so they will get there election symbol only 15 days before elections. so there won't be enough time to publicise it all over the constituency in a effective manner. In case of hill state Uttarakhand where geographical spread of constituence is very large this can ruin your chances. Even in densely populated constituencies, in the areas illiterate and poor downtrodden people reside the symbol takes time to seep into the minds as they are less aware. Also there will be bombardment of poster, pamphlet, hoardings by the parties whose leaders have amassed wealth in unimaginable proprotions by of course corrupt menas. All those being fended by this corruupt system will pump in there money to save themselves.
So it is my cosidered opinion that we can never going to get a level playing field. Our not getting symbol well in advance could be fatal.
(which will be the case if we have registered political party)

There are other small advantages as well, which we can not afford to squander, in a war like this. Where if we are fighting, we are fighting to win.

This reminds me a ULP slogan

jehan satya jehan niti
vahin vijay vahin vibhuti!

2. Are we techno savvy's overimposing ourselves:

I have observed in the comments here at this site true for other sites as well(Also in the comments of Team Anna), more so in case of younger members that

Most of us are either not aware of the composition of voters in a constituency regarding literacy, economic conditions and their IT knowledge

or

we simply ignore it and think everyone is like us.

I think the idea fo right to recall is practical if we we are a country where every citizen is connected via net to Elction commision through his unique Id and even voting is done through net.

The idea of right to reject gains weight because we think the reason behind people not voting is that they dont like any candidate or party. In fact most of them dont want to take the pain of standing in a que for few hours to cast his vote and rather enjoy their holiday sleeping. Do you think such a person desrve to get the right to cast his vote even through net from the confines of his home. Anyway.

Even in the present system what will be he modalities for right to recall, I am not sure.
Dont think that I am not in favour of it.

Though in the present system 'Right to Reject' can be easily implemented. But again if you think that anywhere this button will get most "Push"s, thats romanticism.

Rest next time.

Dear sushanta,
Is this one OK! Or u think there was scope for trimming!

thanks and regards to all

Last edited by Prakash Tiwari; 09-19-2011 at 02:17 AM : spell mistk
09-19-2011

: Aug 2011
: Kolkata
:
: 384 | 0.08 Per Day

Dear Prakash,

Thanks for the info. I agree the 15-day time limit does not offer a very level playing field to Independent Candidates.

OK, I've identified TWO MORE REASONS why I was interested in the Civilian Association Route :

(1) I wanted to avoid a Political Party, and have a PEOPLE'S ORGANISATION fight the Elections instead. I hope you can really feel and sense the pulse in the Difference.

(2) Much of the Politics at the Student Level (in Colleges and Universities) happens in the shadow of Political Parties. Most of the Students' Organisations I see around me operate (officially or unofficially) under the umbrella of some or the other Political Party. This is hurting two things - (i) The Quality of Student Politics, and (ii) the life, education and career of of the Aam Student, who doesn't participate in Politics, because of what he sees in and around it.

I feel having a PEOPLE'S ORGANISATION participate in Politics will give us the much needed opportunity to commence Student Political Organisations that operate in NOT a Party-Based manner, but rather with a NATIONAL inspiration and character. It'll provide numerous Socially and Nationally Conscious, but NOT Selfishly Politically Motivated, students the chance to work directly for their Country, without Fear or Pressure. That should also train them up for roles in Broader Political Environments in the future.

But if the limit of time over assigning Election symbols proves a constraint, then I feel we should have a Political Party, but have it under the Training, Supervision and Control of a CIVILIAN ASSOCIATION, i.e. a PEOPLE'S ORGANISATION. It would be only that People's Organisation that would have the Right to Nominate and Retract Candidates to and from the Party. The Party Memorandum must contain it codified.

But again, if that sounds complicated at the moment, I really won't push; you can take the Party Route directly if you so wish. However, I do strongly feel having the Party Under the CIVILIAN ASSOCIATION would be better; it would then be more accountable to the People, and more controlled by them, and hence, more trustworthy and Credible. It will then have that sense and feel of being a PEOPLE'S MOVEMENT.

OK, those were the two points.

Now, consider the other suggestions in my earlier Post, namely, the launching of a thread in this Forum to first form the Backbone, and then the Selection of Candidates, and let me know what you think of them.

However, before I conclude, I feel I should caution you once more : The step that you're contemplating to take, i.e. fighting Elections, is a dangerous one, fraught with risks. You might come up against enemies who bear the reputation of being the most notorious of criminals in India, and maybe even across the Globe. This could expose you, and your near and dear ones, to untold risks and perils. Please consider this deeply before taking the plunge.

Thank You,

Best Wishes,

Summit.

Last edited by Summit Ensign; 09-19-2011 at 06:55 AM
09-21-2011

:

Dear Summit,

You are bang on the target!!

1. If you fight election in just one constituency you can fight as independent. But for more than one costituency as the number grows (upto 10% say) the idea of group of independents belonging to or promoted by some association can be feasible but when you are fighting all over the state or country its better to have a Political party.

The only way!!

Now the problem today is that political parties have become irresponsive to the aspirations and demands of people. After every five year "change of face" is not helping, we are reaching nowhere because there is no "change of charater".

Now how to get a political outfit who is responsive to people?

Here we are converging

" we should have a Political Party, but have it under the Training, Supervision and Control of a CIVILIAN ASSOCIATION (Is civil society same concept?), i.e. a PEOPLE'S ORGANISATION. It would be only that People's Organisation that would have the Right to Nominate and Retract Candidates to and from the Party. The Party Memorandum must contain it codified."

...rather civil association form, train and supervise not control the party they must remain seperate entities...civil association should form guidelines and party should follow them.....there should be no interference in routine affairs(selecting candidates)

2. Yes, student wings of political parties must be disbanded!
because they have given all the vices (use of money, liquor and use of unfair means) of present day politics to students.

They are ruining them and instead of having student energy in nation building,
they are using it to serve their interests.

3....the real battle for control is always fought on the ground !!
..and yes when you talk of changing a system that is always going to be painful for some..
they can react.... We have to be cautious and alert ...that's all!

We need not fear as ...We are not fighting for ourselves...No one is our personal enemy!!

Come what may we have to keep on moving ahead!!

Or else be doomed to continue with the rotten system!

Just have faith and we will win! (in fact this fight never ends it goes on and on)

thanks and regards
09-21-2011

: Aug 2011
: Kolkata
:
: 384 | 0.08 Per Day

........After every five year "change of face" is not helping, we are reaching nowhere because there is no "change of character".........

Beautiful Statement!.........You've Absolutely Put Your Finger On It.

" we should have a Political Party, but have it under the Training, Supervision and Control of a CIVILIAN ASSOCIATION (Is civil society same concept?), i.e. a PEOPLE'S ORGANISATION. It would be only that People's Organisation that would have the Right to Nominate and Retract Candidates to and from the Party. The Party Memorandum must contain it codified."

...rather civil association form, train and supervise not control the party they must remain seperate entities...civil association should form guidelines and party should follow them.....there should be no interference in routine affairs(selecting candidates)

Well Prakash, there's just a slight difference I have. By 'Control', I meant -

(1) Yes, the Party and the Civilian Association DO REMAIN as Separate Entities.

(2) The ASSOCIATION decides the Agenda. The Party has no other Agenda of its own, and its only job is to carry out the Agenda Decided by the ASSOCIATION. That should be codified in its own Constitutional Document.

(3) However, I feel, the JOB OF SELECTING CANDIDATES be carried out BY THE ASSOCIATION, AND NOT THE PARTY.

This is because, I see the Formation as such -

The Association would have Two Tiers - Tier 1 and Tier 2 (Classic and Premium...?? ). Tier 1 would be open to every single citizen of India, to become a member of, however on the BASIS of their EDUCATION, PAST EXPERIENCE and NISHKALANK JEEVAN. Tier 2 would include only those People that the ASSOCIATION votes and chooses to Run for Elections for them. Membership of Tier 2 would be decided completely by Voting in the Tier 1.

It is only from Tier 2 that members will be chosen to go and sit in the Party, on the basis of a Joint Voting of Tier 1 and Tier 2. However, they will be strictly controlled by the Association, and in case of any Change of Policy regarding Representation, the Association will be able to Recall any member on the basis of a voting, and Send another in his/her place (unless of course if the member is already a sitting MP).

I guess we can do this on the basis of Technology, as we can easily create our unique IDs for every member.

Your Thoughts on this.

Summit.

Last edited by Summit Ensign; 09-21-2011 at 03:04 AM
05-23-2012

: May 2012
: Mumbai
: 37
:
: 186 | 0.04 Per Day

Hello friends and fighter of India Please make you post short so that every one can read it fast and answer it first.
05-23-2012

: May 2012
: Mumbai
: 37
:
: 186 | 0.04 Per Day

I have one question can any one help me out.
Recently, the price of crude oil has risen twice.

First rise was beacuse of more demand of oil and short supply and hence it was genuine. Since the mechanism of payemnt of crude oil is based on dollar. Due to demand supply gap the price of crude oil in term of dollar per barrel had risen, so as the prices.

Second time, the prices of crude oil did not rise, however, the value had increased. For example earlier 1 dollar=45 rupees. But now 1 dollar = 52 rupees. So to purchase one barrel, more rupees have to be paid (remember price of crude oil is paid in dollars only). So second time the price rise was not due to rise in price of oil but beacuse of rise in the value of dillar and depriciation of value of Rupee.

These were the reasons of price rise

India Against Corruption
India Against Corruption is a PUBLIC Forum, NOT associated with any organisation(s).
DISCLAIMER: Members of public post content on this website. We hold no responsibility for the same. However, abuse may be reported to us.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0