View Single Post
08-04-2012
Dr. Charles

: Aug 2012
: Chennai
:
: 5 | 0.00 Per Day

Dear Team Anna,

I am happy that you have decided to seek a political option. I too will be happy to contest such election given the urge for serving the people of my country and had been critical of the present system. However, many things come to my mind. First of all before floating the party, we need to develop a strong policy. Anticorruption was the platform for us all to come together. However, anti corruption alone cannot be a policy. Of course I read about Freedom from arbitrary use of state, equality, secularism, peace within and outside, etc., No doubt these are very important but these are also talked about by other parties. To say that we will achieve things through democratic means cannot also be a simple policy statement. For example, if we ask the people to vote "whether our party should give free ration and free fuel", I have no doubt that except good thinkers and educated, all people who got used to such system will say yes. Can we then go democratically? What is going to be the core committee that will frame policy? Will it include all intellectuals, scientists, engineers, economists, industrialists, religious groups, experts in cultural sciences and foreign policy or just a few who were there from the beginning? Sorry for being critical. Just because a thousand persons kept coming to meeting and waving flags from the beginning, will you include them as members who can contest? If the argument that those who were in social service for long time can be counted is good, then many NGOs who had vested interest will find entry. what about people who were never an active part in your movement but has an immense interest and commitment and have been keeping a clean hand?

The country faces many problems such as immigration problem in the North East, gender inequality, untouchability, casteism, favoritism, etc., What is going to be our strategy to counter-act these? Do you believe all who assemble at the fast-site? How many of them can declare that they are free of corruption? Or how many wants to hide themselves under this banner as many do to cover themselves under the religious banners?

Many times as a Scientist I feel that people do not follow method of science to find solutions. Whole North India had power failure due to grid failure and we had many debates in the media. Is is not possible for electrical experts to install sub-grids with disconnecting facility similar to your MCB at home which cuts off power to the utility that draws extraordinary power rather than blowing the fuse of the entire house, to be installed in such a way that only those states which drew more power or even specifically the cities that drew more should alone be cut off? Many issues today are debated by media and political persons rather than experts. Can we have a system developed for this?

Can we now concentrate on rural development and agriculture not with "old traditional ideas" alone but with a mix of modern and useful traditional values? How many unauthorized buildings get authorized later due to political influence? If we start taking action, probably we might do so even on our own members! What is our take in such instances?

As Ambedkar had his team and worked day and night to come up with the constitution, we need to burn our midnight oil to reach a good viable policy.

I am scared whether constructive critic like me will have a place in the political party. My humble suggestion is not to hurry to float a party and christen the baby before it is born. Let us all work to create a strong base and policy before announcing the name. You can count on me if you require to make such laws and bye-laws and debates to arrive at.

Hope, what I wrote here is taken in the right spirit. I am a motivational speaker and go around the country to motivate many youngsters in Schools and colleges and Universities. I spread patriotism and commitment to develop India. I have already planned to have a personal Yatra from Kanyakumari to Kashmir and back on the other coast to find out at least 20 youth who can stand up for this country. No one gives money for this and I have no political force but only my inner strength though with failing health. Jai Hind!