10-16-2011
Ganesan

: Apr 2011
: Chennai
: 70
:
: 166 | 0.03 Per Day

Dear friends,

I'd like to give an honest feedback on this appeal of Anna.

I've voted in almost all the elections so far (except when I've been out of my city/ town). Though I have always made sincere efforts (and read newspapers every day without fail), frankly, I have never known who have been honest candidates in my constituency. I have heard of some candidates being dishonest, but never knew for sure, esp. because newspapers and reporters do exhibit their biases in their reporting.

For a common man, it's almost impossible to know who's an honest candidate and who is not. So, in most cases, people can and will vote only on the basis of parties. Else, people vote for candidates/ parties they can identify themselves with (e.g., on the basis of religion, caste, etc.) regardless of how good or bad a party is, though this is not good for the country.

Unless the appeals are unambiguous, there's a risk of firing shots in the dark.

I keep coming back to my suggestion to Anna forming a WATCHDOG party.

Otherwise, Anna should just fight the Government in power on clean governance issues like corruption, political reforms, police reforms, judicial reforms, etc. without attacking parties. Perhaps the maun vrat may, hopefully, bring about such a change in Team Anna's approach.

Ganesan. :~)