09-06-2011
Summit Ensign

: Aug 2011
: Kolkata
:
: 384 | 0.08 Per Day

Aliens,

I think I'm saying the same thing as you are -

Anna should not fight election, HIS SUPPORTERS SHOULD.

I say again - NOT Anna, BUT his Supporters.

And by his Supporters - I mean You and Me. And before you question whether I and you are positioned well enough to do that, let me elaborate that it's NOT EXACTLY you and me, but rather PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND ME, WHO SUPPORT ANNA AND THE FIGHT AGAINST CORRUPTION, AND ARE IN A POSITION TO RUN FOR ELECTIONS. For Example, Retired Supreme and High Court Judges, Ex-IAS, IPS, IFS Officers, Learned Teachers, Professors, Historians, Social Supporters and Activists and the like.

Do you now get me ?

However, by any chance, if you think that even Anna's Supporters should also not fight the elections, then please let me know why you think so. And if that Post need be long, so be it. I assure you I will read it. To change an individual, let alone a country, you have to read volumes; so or a few long posts should not be trouble much.

I do understand you "normally prefer small to point posting", but come on; you certainly can come out of your 'normal' zone once in a while, and give me a small piece of your mind with a big post. Please do. I'll love to have your views. I'll love to have the education it'll provide me.

Let the Post be just for me. I understand your concern that the forum isn't quite a place I and you can communicate privately, but then, it's open, there are no 'no-entries', and ones not interested don't have to read it. I am and I will.

Allow me to dispel your notion that I haven't gone through your thread "Anna should not fight election", and the curt argument that followed it. But Good Conclusions take Vigorous Debate to Reach, and One-liners sometimes don't Contribute enough. Therefore - imploring you for an elaborate expression of you valuable opinions.

(P.S. : I find on that thread SRI agrees with me and vinay.muteja says exactly what I do...NC-Sinha accepts both arguments but is ready to give the Elections a try...Kittups doesn't want Anna to fight Elections but he wants to build a Political Party - that's pretty similar to what I'm saying....however, I fully respect the opinions of all other members, including yours, as I feel healthy disagreements are the bane of every debate, and the pillar of democracy...please find the link to the thread here : Anna should not fight election )

I apologise that my "long thread was not at all convincing"; but I assure you that your terse rationale was. It convinced me to follow my "long" post up with explanations.

Please do allow us a broader peek into your views. I'll be looking forward to your reply.

But before that I'd also request you to go and read my post once again, for a number of other members have posted on it after you, and you might now just find something you like.

Thanks and Good Wishes,

Summit.

Last edited by Summit Ensign; 09-06-2011 at 03:05 AM