View Single Post
09-04-2011
Summit Ensign

: Aug 2011
: Kolkata
:
: 384 | 0.08 Per Day

"If I'm sent to jail, I will go. Didn't our freedom fighters go to jail for the right reason? So I will go for the right reason."

"I think it needs to be re-enacted. I wish we had re-enacted and we had had the courage to re-enact and enact it earlier becaues this is the truth of the matter. And I think somebody needed the courage and somebody had to put a face to it."

"In our honourable Parliament, we have got more than 155 people who have police charges. And out of them about 75 of them have serious charges of murder, abduction and others...How can you have such people voting for and accept this (Lokpal Bill)."

"I'm only stating what again is the truth. The problem is that we as a society have started considering speaking the truth as spoiling the fight. Because I think we have all become afraid of speaking up."

"I have said it from moment one that I never apologise for speaking the truth. I never apologise for having had a sense of conviction...I think I would have been a coward if I hadn't said it. And I am not a coward. I have learned courage from day one".

These were Kiran Bedi's words. Lets Resolve to make them ours too.