View Single Post
08-27-2011
seabirds.flyfree

: Aug 2011
: GHY
:
: 4 | 0.00 Per Day
Actually I am against procedural fallacies in the proposed bills

Dear Rajneesh , probably u have misunderstood me that I am supporting a particular bill presented by Team Anna or by the Government or by someone else. Actually I am against procedural fallacies in the proposed bills; Like who should be the eminent persons, ex-CVC or Ex-Judge or Ex-Lokpal etc in the selection committee out of many such Ex s and eminent persons ( Think of Anna himself, Sachin, Sahrukh, Barkha Dutta, Kiron Bedi , Kejriwal, , Ramdev, Rakhi Sawant etc etc ). There are High Courts in almost all states in the country. There may be tens of ex-Lokpals . There may be a corrupted ex Lokpal who had been kicked out earlier. A bill which is not specific about these things is just like a hurriedly written answer in the last minute of an examination. This will go against a popular democratic philosophy.
The process in which the Vice President (who I project as the Citizen’s ombudsman) is elected may be dextrously modified by including the CJI of SC and CJs of HCs, and Head of Institutions like CVC, CBI, RBI,EC, Army ,Navy, Air force ,IITs and IIMs , AIIMS, ISRO, Public and private enterprises(optional entry) and others ( You think of it but never be vague) as members of the electoral college. The people’s representation in the college will be through the members of the parliament who select the present Vice President and the brainy part will come from the rest of the personalities as above. Similarly his removal should be also through the mandate of the Electoral College. Those so called eminent persons who feel left out from the above Electoral College can obviously contest for the post of Lokpal.
This procedure is also the logic behind bringing all the institutions u can think of under the preview of the Lokpal be it executives , judiciary ,military ,public and private offices and members so far as corruption in those institutions or by individuals anywhere else is concerned . I also suggest that the Lokpal should be given at least an accounting arm ( like CAG), Investigating Arm ( Like CBI and CID) and a Power Arm ( A Para-military force like CRPF) at his disposal.