View Single Post
08-26-2011
seabirds.flyfree

: Aug 2011
: GHY
:
: 4 | 0.00 Per Day
The office of the Vice President may be redesigned as the Office of the Lokpal

Thank you Rajneesh for your concern about my feelings and let me assure you that I never take anything to my heart in these volatile days because “ Ladai Dilse Nahi Dimaag se ladi Jaati Hain” aur dimaag ko dard nahi feel hota.
And the truth is that nobody of us has actually read all the acts and laws prevailing in our country and because of our that ignorance we have never been able to eat the fruits. And the lawyers are making a brisk business out of it. Even the law enforcers like police are ignorant about many rules and laws so they also sometimes fail to take action under appropriate circumstances. Now just keeping it aside, I just want to reiterate the point that The post of Prime Minister is of very high dignity coz he is chosen by the parliament every member of which comes elected by the citizens through the votes you and I cast. Why this office should come under a person or office selected by 10 or 20 persons no matter who they are.” Why should the citizens of our country degrade themselves and allow some “so called eminent persons” to select and elect a “so called eminent person” as Lokpal and empower him to have suzerainty over the Prime Minister. Who will select the selection committee for selecting the Lokpal ? There is grave mistake in the selection and removal procedure of the Jan Lokpal. Again why the NGOs should not come under him? I feel every public and private figure and body should come under him. If the retailer at the market is taking more money from u for an item u purchase coz u don’t have any idea what should be the price of it, then that shopkeeper is also doing corruption. In China, there may be capital punishment for the milk man who adds water to milk coz it is interpreted as he is planning a mass murder of kids who live on milk. The forthcoming law should be full, final and decisive and nothing should be left for another movement.
If that is to be done at all then the status of the Lokpal should not be lower than that of the Vice-President. The office of the Vice President may be redesigned as the Office of the Lokpal with added responsibility, authority and functions envisaged for the citizen’s ombudsman.