View Single Post
04-26-2011
kumarp

: Mar 2011
: 72
:
: 10 | 0.00 Per Day
a self cleansing system

I think we must adopt a multi pronged strategy for removal of corruption.Lokpal Bill is just the beginning.Politicians and other vested interest will oppose it.We already had a glimpse of hurdles created by a concerted smear campaign by Shri Digvijay Singh and Shri Amar Singh and now Behan Sushri Mayawati.Just wondered why Mulayam Singh ji and Shri Shri Lalu Yadav Ji have kept so quiet.Never mind.They probably will choose their own time.Now coming to the topic under discussion, I do not know how many of you read what Mr.Swaminathan Aiyyar writes in Times of India.But I definitely like the idea of a self cleansing system.The moment a politician gets elected he/she tries every possible trick to save himself from any inquiry into his corrupt practices.So he first gains power by adopting the corrupt ways and then the state machinery which should punish the corrupt, starts to shield him.So,let us create a foolproof system where as soon as a corrupt person gets elected the state machinery gets in action and within a time limit of,say,two years he is behind bars and whatever he has looted is recovered from him and his relatives by the state.And his case is fast tracked in a special court after the investigation by the Lokpal/Lokayukta concludes that he must face criminal charges in a court of law.Think about it.The sentencing should also be such that an example is made out of those who seek money and power by corrupt means in future.Jai Hind.Vande Mataram.

Last edited by kumarp; 04-26-2011 at 08:29 PM : minor correction