View Single Post
04-17-2011
Ganesan

: Apr 2011
: Chennai
: 70
:
: 166 | 0.03 Per Day

I feel it's best to focus in this forum on Corruption and Lokpal bill. Otherwise, assuming almost all people who come to this site agree on anti-corruption drive of Anna, reservation will divide us into 2 groups. And for every new issue we discuss here, there will be more such divisions, making each sub group of people who agree on all issues into small groups, which those opposed to Lokpal Bill will exploit, to divide us and continue to rule in heir own corrupt ways.

If some of us feel there are equally important issues, let's wait for the Lokpal Bill to be passed and made into an Act. Then, they can start another movement against whatever cause they want to espouse.

In fact, I'm of the strong opinion that Anna Hazare himself should avoid taking up any other issues (like right to recall) AT LEAST till Lokpal bill is passed as required. If anna feels he will get popular support for every cause he espouses, he may be mistaken. This issue was just ripe, waiting for a leader to take over, and Anna was just the right person, and luckily for us, he came our way to lead us.

Though there are 100's of serious & urgent issues to be resolved, I'm afraid taking up more than one at a time will only be counter-productive. I hope Anna's advisors tell him this.

Ganesan. :~)