View Single Post
04-14-2011
sanjay.met2006@gmail.com

: Apr 2011
: Delhi
: 39
:
: 39 | 0.01 Per Day

@ Rohit bro! My proposed solution is Multiple Indices Based reservation which may include

1. Economic condition of parents
2. Literacy of parents
3. Place of Education - 10th, 12th, graduation (village, block, tahsil, district, state capital, metro city
4. Caste
5. Gender
6. Region where candidate spent his formative years.

Each of these points may be given certain weight-age. As some one belonging to a villahe have far less exposure and information access than one person residing in Metro city at same level of economic condition. Now father education, caste and place of residence are pre-recoded through mechnism of UID Card (Aadhaar) which is not duplicable and can't be manipulated. For accessing reservation, one must mention his/her UID card number and system will capture all the data and raise one multiplier. This multiplier will be muliplied in candidate's actual score of examination. Hence say, if there are 10 post in any government services then people of all categories will give examination and those who are seeking reservation benefits have to mention their UID number which will entails their multiplier. Net accumulative will be a product of score and multiplier. This method will be a combination of affirmative action and competence. One student can't get through just because of reservation but it have to score well so that cumulative can make him in merit list.

I hope, i have made some sense!
India Against Corruption