: Apr 2011
: Delhi
: 39
:
: 39 | 0.01 Per Day
Things are not as simple

reply @poonam,sohit,ace\

Dear friends ,
I am a doctor from aiims ,and i know about the impact of reservation.
It can destroy a young life ,my frnd had committed suicide(1999) when he was unable to make it to aiims inspite his sincere efforts .
I had to suffer reservation injustice ,so much that i left my motherland ..
ab issse zyada aur kea kahun main .

Reservation is bad in all its forms .

It breaches the spirit of democracy which says that all citizen are equal.

It hampers healthy competition.

It promotes incompetence at all levels .

It dismantles motivation levels in employees .

It mentally wrecks students .

In india,with all its financial problems ,our solution to this problem lies in harnessing human resources .

1.promoting emigration .
2.making MOU wth foreign universities for admissions.
3.providing interest free loans to students to study abroad .
4 .instead of financial funding ,education shud be subsidised at all levels .
5 .employment opportunities for young students just like abroad to pay for there education.
6.making education system truly international
7 .removing incompetency by ELIMINATION.

iN A COUNTRY WHERE CBSE EXAM WAS LEAKED IN 2003,AND DONT KNW WEN ?

MERIT ALSO SUCKS,UNRELIABLE CRITERIA.

SAT LIKE EXAM
SCHOLARSHIP APTITUDE TEST CONDUCTED BY SOME INTERNATIONAL AGENCY.

THOSE WHO CAN AFFORD
MASS EMIGRATION...
@ Doctor Saheb... Things are not as simple as that. Because you and I have been at receiving ends. It doesn't make it bad. As you mentioned that you have faced injustice, what about the injustice towards those who have not access to school, college and universities? What about those whose parents are illiterate, striving for 2 time meals a day and then compelled to instigate child labor? It is always easy to speak about one side of coin. As per Arjun Sen Gupta Report, 80 percent of population resides below poverty line earning livelihood with less than Rs. 20 a day. Even Tendulkar committee report estimate poverty with over 40 percent of population. In a country where, planning commission has been changing the criteria of poverty estimation to suit their interest of showing low poverty rates, dismal and pathetic education system, it is very easier said than done to advocate for mass emigration. You said, reservation hamper healthy competition. where is healthy competition? competition doesn't happen in an environment of prejudice where access of resources are heavily tilted towards a group in compared to others. And spirit of democracy! Just visit a village of UP, Bihar, Haryana and spirit of democracy will be visible where one class of people are suppressed even in raising their voices. Dreams doesn't make ground reality different. It would have been really fascinating if our dreams always come true. But unfortunately it is not so. And truly internationalized education system? Are we talking about anything which is near to reality? The reality is, it will need huge funds, even to the extent of 30 % of our GDP for next 10 years where we are currently spending roughly 3 % of GDP on education. So privatization of education could be one solution. But wait, that would make education even costlier and in affordable to even those who consider themselves in middle class.

So let be pragmatic and realistic. The solution is to design a policy which entails about time-bound abolition of reservation by inducting multiple-indices based reservation, capped in one's life-cycle (one person can take only once be it education, employment, promotion etc) and single time opportunity for family (One family can get the benefit only once, descendants of beneficiaries would cease to qualify for reservation benefit.)

I belongs to disadvantageous section of reservation ie. the so called forward castes and have bore the burnt in getting my job, which is now a public sector undertaking, but this doesn't compel me to behave hypocritically against a system which objective is to bring equity. If equity will not be delivered in a foreseeable future, then the nation will start bleeding in a civil-war whose trail-or is being shown by Naxalites. India has always been a divided nation and susceptible to divide and that's what has been the reason for foreign dominance on Indian soil.
India Against Corruption

Last edited by sanjay.met2006@gmail.com; 04-11-2011 at 01:23 PM