View Single Post
04-06-2011
akhilesh sharma

: Apr 2011
:
: 2 | 0.00 Per Day
Cool

hi there, Well I'm born indian in Sc/St caste ,although I'm totally against any kind of discrimination on basis of color,caste,race,religion etc'; But the reservation on bases of caste system in which majority of Sc/St are underprivileged & still treated with contempt does feel justifiable to some extent. Let me tell a very brief about myself: i never tried to gain advantage using the quotas systems as in our constitution ,i completed my matric with 90+ marks & did my diploma with over all 36 rank in jet,i hold a btech degree with 80+ marks & there i didn't used the "quota"(not from an IIT though). everything was running fine in class ,until someday some known to me & my friend told him about my "Jati". everything changed in my college life from next day. Your so called "elite" class people started ignoring me,some who were my best friends in my class even didn't want to share there food with me although earlier they liked my mom's food very much. You can't even imagine the feeling that i felt.It does so hurt ,I love my country so much & will be first one to die if ever demanded. Although I'm not against forward class people,but some of "you" are so extremists.

I congratulate poonam for the research she has done on caste system ,but i ask her follwing questions:

1. how do u propose to lift up The SC/ST people,if you don't even bother to touch them??
2. Do u have any proposal to efface the still prevalent hatred in people of elite class about the scheduled class people??
3. Did u ever know how does it feel to live a life like Sc/St class,where u are not judged by you character but rather the class you belong to??
4. don't you think that you are paying for what you ancestors had done to these people??
Dear Smith;
I personally fully agree with your concerns. I'd try to explain this as far as I can.
1.Rightly ,it's shameful.It's handiwork of criminal mindsets.Instead of appreciating a meritorious person like u who foregave all benefits of reservation,such behavior of your classmates is most condemnable.Every right thinking Indian has to fight this criminal mindset.Such right thinking people exist and are even welcoming marriages with good SC/ST people today.So u'll appreciate the fact that there are always two sides of the same coin.These criminal mindsets have led to India being denied it's due place under the sun today.See where is China and where we are !!
2.Leave alone lovers of untouchability.In fact ,today in upper castes-anger against reservation has become a very big reason to hate the reserved class because of it's continuance indefinitely.End of it will end the hatred of majority.
3.It's not a problem due to your caste.Criminals don't love honest people.Mayavati does'nt love upper caste people.It's due to prevailing immoral environment in the country though it is not right anyway !
4.Your revengeful tone manifests some coloured thinking.If u say so then let me also say this - your children will have to pay for what u are now doing to us people !!