India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > INDIA AGAINST CORRUPTION > Entering Politics Opinion
New Topics

Strategy for fighting election

Hi Team Anna, Great decision to enter politics. However I would like to give few suggestions regarding fighting elections. (1)India .....

• 2 skjiitr
  • 1 rrjha2021

08-03-2012

: Aug 2012
: Seoul
: 44
:
: 2 | 0.00 Per Day
Thumbs up Strategy for fighting election

Hi Team Anna,
Great decision to enter politics. However I would like to give few suggestions regarding fighting elections.
(1)India is a very big country so, it would be difficult first time to field candidates from all lok sabha constituencies. First Concentrate on few states like haryana, U.P, Delhi, Maharashtra etc. where IAC movement is more powerful.
(2) Identify carefully Lok sabha seats in these states, where youth population has higher concentration n movement has deeper reach.
(Be cautious. Most students and professionals like software engineers, generally are not registered voter in state where they study or work. So, don't rely solely on the number of people participated in movements, in choosing the seat)
(3) Campaign aggresively in carefully selected seats. Make aim to win around 30-40 seats.
(4) In next election, if you win 30-40 seats, then any party which form govt. have to take your support. As it's almost impossible for any single main party to form govt. on its own.
(5) Then you bargain. Give support to only those party to form govt., which promise to pass Janlokpal bill and other election reforms bills.
(6) In this way people faith on you will increase, as they see concrete results.
(7) Use Parliament as the forum of protests and putting pressure on govt., in the same way as done by some freedom fighters like Tilak etc. during the British rule.
(8) If govt. don't listen to your demands, then bring down the govt. and fight the next election from whole country. Now whole country will believe you as you have delivered.
08-03-2012

: Jul 2012
: Delhi
: 37
:
: 5 | 0.00 Per Day

sorry to say, but it sounds atleast for me like tips how to prepare for an examination......
I know it is the emotions and affections that people care so much team Anna.
But mind you It is the Politics of India.......... and you have to be realistic as much you can but sticking to your ideology and Intentions.... that is going to be very tough.
08-03-2012

: Aug 2012
: Seoul
: 44
:
: 2 | 0.00 Per Day

@ rrjha.. I understand doing politics in India is not a cakewalk and it's going to be tough. But to create and run anti-corruption movement like IAC was also not easy, particularly when the whole govt. machinery is hell bent to defame and destroy you. So, I believe, this is a good beginning and we all must support it. The issue of corruption is very big and sensitive issue and it touched the heart of people cutting across all ideologies, caste, creed etc. As an responsible and politically aware Indian, I suggested some ways which can be practical, though it's not so simple as it suggests. But nothing in life is easy.

India Against Corruption
India Against Corruption is a PUBLIC Forum, NOT associated with any organisation(s).
DISCLAIMER: Members of public post content on this website. We hold no responsibility for the same. However, abuse may be reported to us.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0