India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > INDIA AGAINST CORRUPTION > Entering Politics Opinion

Should team anna jump into politics??

Even if forming a political party is just a thought on the minds of Team Anna, it defeats the entire .....

: Should Team Anna jump into politics?
yes 911 90.47%
no 89 8.84%
cant say 7 0.70%
: 1007.

08-03-2012

: Aug 2012
: Delhi
: 43
:
: 1 | 0.00 Per Day
Thumbs down Clarity Of Purpose Lacking in team Anna

Even if forming a political party is just a thought on the minds of Team Anna, it defeats the entire hard work that they have put in fighting for the Jan-lokpal for over a year now!
The entire population of India sees Mr Anna Hazare as a clean social worker and the Team Anna would give a wrong msg to the nation if they jump into politics like this.
If forming a political party was the motive, it should have been clear since the Day1. There is no harm in doing so if you have the amount of support that Team Anna has.
I would call the step of suddenly anouncing to form a political party an unwise one.
Ask me, I would myself like to take part in forming a new political party, but not like this. We as the common man seek relief from the ongoing corruption from the political leaders, but not at the cost of losing good social activists at the hands of the same Dirty Politics
Good Luck!!
08-03-2012

: Hyderabad
: 38
:

Team Anna is the only voice against corruption we have in our country today. India requires a political alternative against the orthodox/dogmatic and the scamster/scandalous options, the only ones that the Indian people have. At present Team Anna is the only group that presents or atleast seeks to present this alternative.
08-03-2012

: Delhi
:
: 3 | 0.00 Per Day

A new political party should be created, but the core team members should not contest and should not take any posts in the government.
08-03-2012

: Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
:
Don't Quit Now for Strong Lokpal. Where is our movements aim,

JAI HIND, JAI BHARAT

I would like to say something.

Since starting IAC movement i have been supporting but today on 2nd Aug 2012, i really get disappointed for the following things,

1) Our movement's aim is and will be a strong Lokpal bill and not entering the politics right now.

2) Please stick on the decision dont knee down our movement now.

3) To deal with such " Bhikari" Government we should be strong and dont have to lose our hopes in getting a strong Lokpal Bill.

4) Please carry your Hunger strike or else we will continue on your behalf.

5) Sh Kejriwal and other members including Sh Anna are on Hunger Strike and now a sudden there is an announcement that tomorrow the hunger strike will end but we havenot yet achieved our goal.

6) This will surely destroy our faith and morale in this movement.

7) I urge everyone please convey this message to Sh Anna and our IAC team not to quit this battale now.

Abhi agar maidhan chodenge to phir kabhibhi jeet nahi payenge
08-03-2012

: Navi Mumbai
:
: 3 | 0.00 Per Day
Thumbs up Yes, This is the last option they have left

I want Anna's team to enter into the active politics because given the sad and pessimistic state of our country where corruption has become a heart and centre of life, only a true political revolution can indeed bring the fundamental changes in our governing system like decentralization of power etc. It does not matter how much social reforms and services you do, unless the system in our country is not changed , things will never fall in right place. More then 50% of citizen does not vote or take interest in politics because they simply have lost their faith in our electorial political system. Time has come to actually brand ' Politics' in a new light with a new vision. My gut feels that if Team Anna join politics then surely our youth will take it more seriously and responsibly. People should must made to feel that politics is basically an option for those who want to actually do social and humanitarian services. It is not a profession by which any one can increase wealth in his bank account. Initially, politics was seen an opportunity to serve others much like medical profession which too have lost its actual purpose these days. We have even a history of our ministers even donating more than 50 % of their salary to social causes. Time has come to restore that meaning to the word, ' Politics' which indeed it was initially thought of. For that we need right people at right (top) places and Anna joining politics will definitely be a right step in that direction.

Last edited by Suman Saurabh; 08-03-2012 at 02:42 AM
08-03-2012

: Aug 2011
: Yavatmal, Maharashtra
:
Red face Yes, I think Team Anna should give a political alternative.

The reason: I am discussing this issue with my friends for one year. I mean effect and future of this movement.

In August, last year, we had lot of hopes that these present (corrupt) politicians will be on their knees in front of people movement and there will be good laws which will bring good governance in India. But one has to admit that many, at the same time, were afraid that this government is not going to make it happen as it will kill them. So, many of us did not have belief that this movement will really give something to us and hence they did not participate.

Secondly, during this last year, we were aware that congress and NCP and SP, are corrupt and against Janlokpal bill, still many of them won the elections. This is so frustrating, its like on the face of this movement, they are winning elections. Many of us started blaming the people of this country who voted to these corrupt parties. But the fact is that when it comes to voting there is no good people to vote for which is also a big disappointment. That is why we need good people in politics. After all, parliament members are the one who pass the laws.

Thirdly, current political system has gone so dirty; we need someone who can clean this election system. We need laws like "right to recall" and to bring these into place we need good and honest politicians. Whatever you do now being external pressure group, we can not make such laws which can affect current politicians directly.

Also we need good people to take good decisions for country which will give us better life, better food, better education, better security, better judicial system & …… so on. Can we do movement for every thing? So the ultimate solution, I think, is to have good leaders in government who will take care of all these issues simultaneously. This is why I think team Anna should give us a political alternative.

But at the same time, they also should play full pressure on the current issue of Janlokpal. I mean it should not go to waste basket.

I have decided to participate in their election campaign also. So I am really looking forward to it.

Jai hind!!!!!!!!

Last edited by tembharep; 08-03-2012 at 02:57 AM
08-03-2012

: mumbai
:

please anna dont fall in this well as u hv seen that the opposition party having power then too they cannot do anything but u are out of goverment and still the goverment get scared what will happen tmrw please change everybody mind and stick what u are known for then only u will hv more supporters and in future also all ur movements will definetly maje an empact on the government and the cimman man for whom ur fighting for.
08-03-2012

: Chennai
: 40
:
Yes for Politics.

Politics is the most efficient way to do what is good for the country and manage it's resources well. However none of the current politicos have been able to manage that. Politics is good, but out politicians have never showed us that. I hope Team Anna will show that every citizen is required to participate in Politics in a large or small role for the country to progress. Team Anna has a goal 'End Corruption' the people involved are eminent. I will vote for you guys.You have to make the start, beacuse it's a long journey and I'm happy that the country will now achieve what we have been denied for so many years.

Best Wishes
Kartik Kuttan
08-03-2012

: Stony Brook, NY, USA
: 35
:
: 2 | 0.00 Per Day

Yes Please join politics.
08-03-2012

: Jul 2012
: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire (UK)
: 39
:
Joining Politics vs not Joining

Hi friends, first of all I appreciate what Anna and team has done for the country so far. Here are my views -

Team Anna is stating that they were not seeing any positive response from the government, is the driving factor to open a political party. I feel that last time their revolution has made a good pressure on government and forced them to accept the thought and create a law(even the name they choose is Lokpal) which will change the current situation and improve condition from corrupt politicians and government employees.

Its been only 9 days since team Anna is sitting on a fast and they loose hope that nothing is going to happen even though numerous number of people are with them. So it gives an impression that team Anna is either loosing hope a little early or it was a pre decided plan to open a political party(what political parties like congress are claiming).

So far, Team Anna does not have as many MP/MLA's to cover full country smoothly and gracefully. if they want to win, they need to tie a knot with any political party. In that case they might not be able to put desired pressure on their partners to pass the bill they are willing to because Alliance may any time threaten to break the knot. This option reveals that they'll be in no profit situation. If team Anna wants to stand alone, they need to hire some quality people in order to have presence across the country. Doing this will lead them to unknown issues because no-one can judge a new person in as few days specially to run a political affair. Doing this will be a suicide mission according to me.

The better opinion according to me will be to push for "right to public vote" in order to decide any disputed matter/opinion. Right to reject will be an added advantage. Creating a new political part is spoiling country's political image as well as enabling people to create more mess if this attempt fails.

My opinion might be one sided or wrong but team Anna need to cover all the downside of this decision in order to maintain people trust for them and social integrity.

All the best for the decision.

Jai Hind.

India Against Corruption
India Against Corruption is a PUBLIC Forum, NOT associated with any organisation(s).
DISCLAIMER: Members of public post content on this website. We hold no responsibility for the same. However, abuse may be reported to us.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0