India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > INDIA AGAINST CORRUPTION > Entering Politics Opinion
New Topics

Should team anna jump into politics??

I personally think Team Anna should join politics and that's the best way I see to fight against government and .....

: Should Team Anna jump into politics?
yes 911 90.47%
no 89 8.84%
cant say 7 0.70%
: 1007.

08-02-2012

: Aug 2012
: Gurgaon
: 41
:
: 2 | 0.00 Per Day

I personally think Team Anna should join politics and that's the best way I see to fight against government and prove themselves. But, Let's not expect a sudden change in Indian politics. This will take time. Patience will be the key. Sooner or later they will be successful in achieving the objective of making India a corruption free country. This battle is going to be tough for them. Identifying right candidate is the biggest challenge. I have not voted for many years. I will vote for Team Anna definitely if they join Politics.
Hi Sandeep,

40-50% educated Indian's have not voted in years. You and I are two among them. I'm sure all of these hands will find their way to ballot boxes and will be happy to take a day off and go to vote ! Let's throw these big sharks out of the pool ...

Cheers,
Abhishek
08-02-2012

: Mumbai
: 42
:
: 1 | 0.00 Per Day
Lightbulb Team Anna for Socialitics

I happy with the decision, but the only worry that haunts my mind is the successors might fall prey to easily available "tax payer's" money.
But sitting idle with mindset is not going to do any good to our nation, where as a right approach can. My sugestion to Anna Baba and team are as follows;
1) Chief Ministerial Candidate and Prime Ministerial Candidates should be selected first basis which people to cast their votes
2) Candidates- Social activists (with experience in relevant fields and region) should be invited to the party
3) Party members/member, for any reason or ideology conflict, can join another party or form a new one. However, they can quit the party, if there is any difference in opinion
These are just my amateurish ideas, there are better minds involved than that of mine, when it comes to politics.
Here are some of my credible branding related ideas that annaji's team can follow;
1) we human being have very short lived memory, the campaigning for the election should be done rigorously, else the pain that you've been through for this movement will be forgotten soon
2) I am 'OK' , you are 'OK'- Now that we have planned step down to the battlefield, we should stop tarnishing the political parties. We should only communicate about our USP, that is corruption-free India. Creating negativity will only give the other political parties an agenda to castigate us (team anna), fighting back which besides distracting us from our ambition will also waste our valuable money. We should remember they have wealth earned for 60 years (scams, tax payers money etc), we shall only have small amount honestly collected in only 2 years.
3) Don't ask for vote, ask for a corruption free nation, from the voters
I believe this is enough for now.
Regards and best wishes to Team Anna, team India.
08-02-2012

: Jul 2012
: Delhi
:

We have closely watched and supported this anti corruption movement over the last 1.5 years but it has been very frustrating trying to get a JUST demand met by this government.
We have seen how our elected representatives have played politics with the Lokpal Bill.
So I think its a good move to join politics and it will give us the people the chance to send some honest and non-corrupt people to the parliament which we hope will sincerely work for a better India.
By the way i was watching this news along side my aunt (now 70 years old), who has not voted for last 20 years as she has lost hope with our politicians.
After the news my aunt said that in 2014, she will come out and vote for Anna.
08-02-2012

: Chicago, IL, USA
:

Dear frns.,

wht abt ur openion? should team anna jump into politics?

If yes., then why?

If no., then why?
I think that a movement while on the outside can create pressure, awareness and bring issues to notice. It can also serve as a guiding light and help form a direction. But to clean up, you have to be a part of the system. People on the outside and bring to notice issues and drive home a point and initiate a movement. You have to be inside to realize the end results though.
08-02-2012

: London, UK
:
brilliant idea

yes, its a brilliant idea as this blind in power, cruel and useless Govt. doesnt intend to do anything. They are scared to be caught under charges of corruption if bill passed.

Anna team must form a party and fight election. In fact, if practically possible, I wish elections happen sooner than later. 2014 is far and its not great feeling to see this Govt. enjoying power.

I know few people are against it but I dont see an alternate when Govt. is stubborn and doesnt wanna listen to public. They don't care if someone dies. I have a strong feeling that if Anna and party comes into Govt., India will really shine and the main beneficiary will be public not politicians whose main focus is to mint money lately for their further generations.
08-02-2012

: Kolkata
: 55
:
Yes..

Since constitutional changes or new/amended legislation may be required to bring in change in system , the only way is to have political power. Also, the "educated youth" needs a reason to vote. For rural wins, use the power of simplicity and truth and not money power, we need a few more "Annas" - localized versions - to get into the hearts and not the minds of the people.
08-02-2012

: USA
: 40
:

Yes. To clean the gutter one has to go inside. Sitting on the brink and asking gutter to clean himself will not help.
08-02-2012

: Goa
:

Any system which needs to be changed can be most effectively changed from inside. If you want to change it from outside then you need to have a revolution which again is no guarantee that system will be changed.
In history there are many examples where people fought to overthrow one tyrannical regime & was replaced with another even worse. French revolution being classic example. In recent times Arab spring despite so much bloodshed in Libya, Egypt has not brought in real democracy.
In India we have started a movement against corruption. This movement has to graduate to next level so that we can bring a real change in this beautiful country of ours.
Getting scared that this movement will fall prey to ills that affect other political party is to think negatively.
Let us be positive & lend a hand in whatever way we can to make this movement successful & take our Blessed Motherland & its people forward.
Jai Hind
08-02-2012

: Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
:

Offcourse, India is a democratic country. We choose the leaders and thus we are ultimately responsible for the quality of the leadership. While I respect the movement that Team Anna pioneered, eventually political solutions need political leadership. What Ambika Soni said about external forces trying to influence democratically elected parliament is completely true. If we want change in policies we must elect people who plan to bring about that change. If those leaders fail to keep their promises then we the voters should kick them out. As long as we fail to do that we have no right to criticize the political leadership.
A good example in this case is the current government - Power minister was elevated to State ministry the day there was a massive power outage. In a responsible democracy the government would be afraid to take such steps in the light of the crisis and the political backlash it might face because of that. However the current Indian government is fearless because it knows that there wont be any backlash, people will keep voting along the same lines. We the people must show the government that they are here for us and not vice versa and the only way of doing that is to vote them out of power.
I therefore strongly believe that if team Anna wishes to bring about a change then they must join the due political process. That is the best and the only way.
Best wishes!!!
08-02-2012

: nabarang pur
: 40
:

anna ji should wait and watch

India Against Corruption
India Against Corruption is a PUBLIC Forum, NOT associated with any organisation(s).
DISCLAIMER: Members of public post content on this website. We hold no responsibility for the same. However, abuse may be reported to us.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0