India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > INDIA AGAINST CORRUPTION > JAN LOKPAL BILL
New Topics

Too many a cook , spoil the broth.

Too many a cook, spoil the broth. Its time we should make some reality check about our democracy. Right from .....

• 1 seabirds.flyfree

08-26-2011

: Aug 2011
: GHY
:
: 4 | 0.00 Per Day
Too many a cook , spoil the broth.

Too many a cook, spoil the broth. Its time we should make some reality check about our democracy. Right from the Office of the President to the village Gram Panchayats, there are so many institutions, offices, commissions and committees, that this largest democracy has almost lost its flavour. With so many parties, ideologies, interests and preferences, the average citizens of India are actually being made handicap to come out with a channelised and coherent thought. Probably a neo-colonial conspiracy!!. Nevertheless " Kitne baajoo, kitne sar, Ginle dushman aaj se; Jitenge hum har baazi jab khelenge hum dhyan se."

If the institution of the Lokpal, presently under incubation, is to born from the egg, no matter who ever hatch it, Govt or Team Anna , it's only going to add one more institution. Many matters are vague in both the bills. Process of election of the Lokpal, his infrastructure (We don’t want him to be a Nidhiram Sardar) , his removal all needs a thorough thinking. Status of other democratic institutions relative to the Lokpal's office should be made clear and specific. The post of Prime Minister is of very high dignity coz he is chosen by the parliament every member of which comes elected by the citizens through the votes you and i cast. Why this office should come under a person or office selected by 10 or 20 persons no matter who they are. The incumbent of the prime minister's post should maintain his dignity and authority. If he can't then it is his problem, neither of the constitution nor of the citizens.

I feel one way to bring the Prime Minister's office under the preview of the Lokpal is to convert the Vice President's office , which till now has almost no formal functions attached to it by the constitution , to the Office of the Lokpal and give him all the authority , responsibility and functions envisaged for the citizen's ombudsman as conceived by us and large consensus. His election and removal process need some dextrous modification and the prime minister can simply come under his scrutiny without losing the dignity of the PMO. Not only this will let us get rid of one more institution in our democracy but also activate an organ of it which is till now not well used.
08-26-2011

: Punjab
:
: 5 | 0.00 Per Day

sir, i don't want to degrade u,or hurt ur feelings. but i think u didn't read the janlokpal thoroughly. Acc. To my littel knowledge ,it is a draft with magical effect.that everyone who have some regards for India, will attracted towards it ,if he understand the draft and ideas.like a piece of iron attracted towards magnet. And all ur concern regarding increasing one more institute will b cleared,when u read its working and mergering the deptt. Like vigilance, cvc and a wing of CBI. And more.
08-26-2011

:
The office of the Vice President may be redesigned as the Office of the Lokpal

Thank you Rajneesh for your concern about my feelings and let me assure you that I never take anything to my heart in these volatile days because “ Ladai Dilse Nahi Dimaag se ladi Jaati Hain” aur dimaag ko dard nahi feel hota.
And the truth is that nobody of us has actually read all the acts and laws prevailing in our country and because of our that ignorance we have never been able to eat the fruits. And the lawyers are making a brisk business out of it. Even the law enforcers like police are ignorant about many rules and laws so they also sometimes fail to take action under appropriate circumstances. Now just keeping it aside, I just want to reiterate the point that The post of Prime Minister is of very high dignity coz he is chosen by the parliament every member of which comes elected by the citizens through the votes you and I cast. Why this office should come under a person or office selected by 10 or 20 persons no matter who they are.” Why should the citizens of our country degrade themselves and allow some “so called eminent persons” to select and elect a “so called eminent person” as Lokpal and empower him to have suzerainty over the Prime Minister. Who will select the selection committee for selecting the Lokpal ? There is grave mistake in the selection and removal procedure of the Jan Lokpal. Again why the NGOs should not come under him? I feel every public and private figure and body should come under him. If the retailer at the market is taking more money from u for an item u purchase coz u don’t have any idea what should be the price of it, then that shopkeeper is also doing corruption. In China, there may be capital punishment for the milk man who adds water to milk coz it is interpreted as he is planning a mass murder of kids who live on milk. The forthcoming law should be full, final and decisive and nothing should be left for another movement.
If that is to be done at all then the status of the Lokpal should not be lower than that of the Vice-President. The office of the Vice President may be redesigned as the Office of the Lokpal with added responsibility, authority and functions envisaged for the citizen’s ombudsman.
08-27-2011

: Punjab
:
: 5 | 0.00 Per Day

Dear Frnd, in some of ur suggestions u r sayn same as team anna said.i.e making lokpal more powerful. But d question is inclusion of PM and selection procedure of lokpal.
First of all it is PM himself who selected the team lokpal as one of the member of selection committee. And there is a no. Of filters for selecting the person for lokpal and other officers, that there is very less room for wrong ones to b selected.( ex member of cvc and deptt. Vigilence ) (PM ,Two judge of SC and HC, leader of opposition and many other)
2nd thing u r saying is ,totally opposite to Govt. Concern .as u r saying that more area should b covered by lokpal like NGO. And other. But govt. Saying area of operation under lokpal is very wide and should b deducted.
in all these scenerio ,those who concern abt the corruption have no alternative other than Janlokpal. Even who thinks(not i m) that there is many flaw and limitation in JlP Should follow my suggestion that something is always better than nothing.
08-27-2011

:
Actually I am against procedural fallacies in the proposed bills

Dear Rajneesh , probably u have misunderstood me that I am supporting a particular bill presented by Team Anna or by the Government or by someone else. Actually I am against procedural fallacies in the proposed bills; Like who should be the eminent persons, ex-CVC or Ex-Judge or Ex-Lokpal etc in the selection committee out of many such Ex s and eminent persons ( Think of Anna himself, Sachin, Sahrukh, Barkha Dutta, Kiron Bedi , Kejriwal, , Ramdev, Rakhi Sawant etc etc ). There are High Courts in almost all states in the country. There may be tens of ex-Lokpals . There may be a corrupted ex Lokpal who had been kicked out earlier. A bill which is not specific about these things is just like a hurriedly written answer in the last minute of an examination. This will go against a popular democratic philosophy.
The process in which the Vice President (who I project as the Citizen’s ombudsman) is elected may be dextrously modified by including the CJI of SC and CJs of HCs, and Head of Institutions like CVC, CBI, RBI,EC, Army ,Navy, Air force ,IITs and IIMs , AIIMS, ISRO, Public and private enterprises(optional entry) and others ( You think of it but never be vague) as members of the electoral college. The people’s representation in the college will be through the members of the parliament who select the present Vice President and the brainy part will come from the rest of the personalities as above. Similarly his removal should be also through the mandate of the Electoral College. Those so called eminent persons who feel left out from the above Electoral College can obviously contest for the post of Lokpal.
This procedure is also the logic behind bringing all the institutions u can think of under the preview of the Lokpal be it executives , judiciary ,military ,public and private offices and members so far as corruption in those institutions or by individuals anywhere else is concerned . I also suggest that the Lokpal should be given at least an accounting arm ( like CAG), Investigating Arm ( Like CBI and CID) and a Power Arm ( A Para-military force like CRPF) at his disposal.

India Against Corruption
India Against Corruption is a PUBLIC Forum, NOT associated with any organisation(s).
DISCLAIMER: Members of public post content on this website. We hold no responsibility for the same. However, abuse may be reported to us.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0