India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > INDIA AGAINST CORRUPTION > JAN LOKPAL BILL
New Topics

Suggestions for LOK PAL BILL... Please take them seriously...

My suggestion is that the parties are ready to give the tickets to common people and freedom fighters. then it .....

04-12-2011

: Apr 2011
: andhrapradesh
: 37
:
: 1 | 0.00 Per Day
suggestion

My suggestion is that the parties are ready to give the tickets to common people and freedom fighters. then it will at least decline the corruption and now all the politicians are ready for the IT rides by Govt. b cause they were raveled that we are anti corrupted persons.
04-12-2011

: Thiruvananthapuram
: 51
:
: 5 | 0.00 Per Day

In all the corruptions, the corruption happening in the distribution of compensation for the poor people is so shame full. This can be tackled only through computerisation. I am hopefully awaiting to the completion of the Unique Identification system to complete.

I hope correcption in India can be tackled by strictly prohibiting the transaction above Rs. 20000.00 must be only through banks and make a legislation that all the transaction above rs. 20000.00 is invalid in the eyes of law.
04-12-2011

: ghaziabad,u.p
:

I m completely with anna hazare in favour of lok pal bill..
04-12-2011

: Thiruvananthapuram
: 51
:
: 5 | 0.00 Per Day

I am sure that, 80% of the corruption in public service will erased by Lok Pal Bill. But for the development of the country we need to take further action against corruption in private life also.

Here My suggestion.

Any person who are going to buy a product or service for a value of Rs. 20000.00 or more must have a bank pass book and the transaction must be through it only.

Any person who is going to buy a product or service for a value of Rs. 100000.00 must give the return of IT.

Do you think it is impractical.

No I can bet.

If any doubt contact me.
04-12-2011

: ap
:
: 8 | 0.00 Per Day

Withdraw all bank notes of denomination above 50 rupees. Make it cumbersome to carry cash. Encourage transactions only through banks, so all transactions could be traced.
04-12-2011

: Mar 2011
: Patna
: 73
:
: 219 | 0.05 Per Day

First of all i am happy as finally govt caved in for all the demands. But when thinking on the demands i am unsure about the rules...we have asked for action to be taken within 2 months.is it really possible to take action against big scams within 2 months. I wonder what strength of people will be required for this to achieve on ground. Technically speaking there will be thousands of cases registered everyday. Will the institution be ready for to cope up woth such huge demand in terms of man power. It shouldnt happen all this is done and then end rresult is nothing. Please advice if i am missing something or please clear it up for my understanding
Not two months. Two years. First year for completing investigation and the second year for completing the process of inflicting punishment on the wrong doer. It is possible given the machinery that will be available to the Lokpal together with policing powers.
04-15-2011

: India
: 36
:
Wink post ur suggestions

why don't u guys post suggestions on www.myjanlokpal.com, just one click and submit your suggestions!
btw India Against Corruption has really done a lot of efforts in getting to reach mass people. Luv ya guys!
04-16-2011

: Mysore
:

First of all i am happy to be part of this forum and i wish this movement eradicates corruption from our society..
Suggestions: Educate people about procedures to be followed and timeline to get your job done in Government Offices. In this way, we can eliminate middleman (babu ka broker, babu ka agent, etc) and we can get our job done without paying bribes.
04-17-2011

: Chennai
: 68
:
Smile Letter to Anna Hazare from an Active Politician

Dear Shri. Anna Hazare,

I am an active politician, living In Chennai, who has come back to India in 1988 after a 13 year stint in the US to serve India. You may be surprised to receive a letter from a politician, in your fight against corruption. There is a strong perception among the public which was also reflected during your fasting that uncorrupt politicians is an oxymoron. There are non-corrupt politicians too, and being so, I express my whole hearted support towards your cause. After a tsunami of corruption last year on scams such as the 2G Spectrum, CWG, Adarsh, and the Yediyurappa scam the timing of movement against corruption cannot be better.

Nation in yearning: When the nation was yearning for someone with clean track record a clean person with a track record to lead the movement against corruption, you have provided the voice against corruption and struck a chord among all sections of the society. It is phenomenal how one person can bring a whole nation under the umbrella of protest, to fight for a cause. It also shows how helpless people have felt about corruption in the past, and hence when you gave them an arena to express their anger and concern, they grabbed it with both hands.

Extraordinary circumstances like the tsunami of corruption require extraordinary response: Initially, I was uncertain whether protests and fasts would make an impact in today’s modern world. I was amazed to see how many people in different cities echoed your views and imitated your actions to show their support. Initially apprehensive that the people may not like a politician to get involved in the movement, I told the organizers that I will be on the side line and support the cause which is near and dear to me. However as the support swelled, during your protest, the organizers suggested that I also can come and openly participate. I went to a local protest and prayer meeting conducted in Chennai, and was pleasantly surprised when they asked me to address the group. Even though I wondered like many if it is blackmail and circumventing the constitution, I now believe extraordinary circumstances like the tsunami of corruption require extraordinary response including “fasting unto death”.

Inclusivity: This inclusivity in Chennai made me recall a personal experience that I had during the nineties in the EXNORA civic movement. I was one of the co-founders of EXNORA, a civic society that in the late 80s and early 90s that focused upon cleaning the city. Back then, once, we went to Marina Beach to clean the shore, together with the beach vendors. The vendors in the beach were given protection by a local dada. While a bunch of us were at work, the well known ‘rowdy’ was overlooking us cleaning. Several people were apprehensive and a little uneasy about him being there. I, however went up to him, gave him a broom and asked him to clean too. He smiled and took the broom from me, and started cleaning. Despite being who he was, at that particular moment he was one of us, and did his part to help the cause and it was all that mattered. I could see even as the branded rowdy he was happy to participate in a good deed.

I see in the press every day various allegations against the organizers and leaders of this movement. This can detract the issue. The movement should steadfastly focus on the issue. Like Arjuna we should not see the tree or the bird but the eye of the bird. We should take the support for the cause irrespective of the background but make sure these forces do not take over the “Anti-corrupt movement”

What started as a micro-media issue has now captivated the mass media and the high levels of the society. However, as they say’ The war is not won in the drawing board, but in the Battlefield’. Currently the activity seems to be more on the media and middle class. Inclusivity has not been exploited to its fullest, because the dissent of the issue still largely remains urban. However it needs to reach the common man. It is high time that we involve the common man, the poor the downtrodden. Inclusivity is a key factor when one aims to fight an evil as widespread as corruption. Rural and urban poor, farmers, auto drivers etc. have to be educated about how corruption affects their daily lives as well. This will surely get them interested and fighting against corruption and only then will it truly turn into people’s movement. The magnitude of change it could bring about in our battle against corruption if this inclusivity was practiced on a large scale would be exponential.

Like Arjuna, focus only on issue “Anti-corruption and not on personalities”:

None of us are Gandhis, Mr.Hazare, though they say that you are the closest that one can get to being one in the present day and time. All of us have our good and bad streaks. The target of the movement should be to tap the good in people and bring out their best. During my meeting at Chennai a senior respected person who has closely worked with Gandhi has brought some personality issues. I told the organizers we should consciously avoid criticizing or praising any personalities who are dead or alive. I feel personal attacks make the issue personality based, and this already has caused minor damage to the movement. This may ruin the cause as many feel perturbed and hesitant to involve themselves in such a situation. Also, it could turn the movement into a biased and prejudiced group, and the main cause will be sidetracked as people will fail to see the big picture. Your movement is ‘Against Corruption’ should be purely issue-based. It has united the country like no other and it should stay that way. Letting people make personal attacks tend to slow down the momentum that the issue carries today, and could reduce the faith that people have in the movement.

Evolve as the outside pressure group in support of the public and politicians who want to do good:

Thirukural Couplet says

“ Allavai theya aram perugum - nallavai naadi iniya seyin” .

Which basically means ‘The bad will keep decreasing if we keep doing good deeds’ That is all what we need to do. Keep saying and doing only good deeds. Keep fighting. The Nation will be with you. Because the movement should continue , both in action and as an example and memoir of an integrated national pressure group and be a platform for other pressure groups to voice their concerns on various other social evils. Even people like us in politics need support to do good from pressure groups like you. As thousands of others do, I hope that the bill is drafted soon in the Lok Sabha, and what has been a 42 year battle will finally bear fruit. Even after the passing of The Jan Lokpal Bill this movement should evolve as the outside pressure group in support of the public and politicians who want to do good deeds and against the forces of evil, both in and outside the government.

Sincerely

‘Americai’ V.Narayanan

www.narayanan4india.com

(Americai V. Narayanan is a grass root level political social worker)
04-17-2011

: Adilabad
: 46
:
Suggestions for proposed Jan Lokpal Bill.

Sir,

Here I have some queries as well as suggestions for the proposed Bill.

My First query is that: If the Bill becomes Act and if Independent Body is set-up comprising Govt., & Civil Society members in the ratio of 50:50, it may work independently as long as the Civil Society members are honest. But what if corrupted members enters in the societyand thereby in the commision? Here is and example: As long as Mr.T.N. Sheshan was CEC, Elections were conducted without money power atleast in some places but after him elections became as usual, Is there any provision to check this kind of things happening ?

For this I have a suggestion: The youth must be educated to form Anticorruption Societies (Civil Societies) at Village Level (Rural) & Municipal Level (Urban) to uproot all Kinds of Corruption within their locality, they acts as a check upon the Local Leaders and Government Officials, they must be encouraged to raise their own funds from the public and they must work independently. Their Achievements and Accounts must transparent to local public. These societies also work as pressure groups and acts as a check upon the Commission Members at the Apex.

My Second query is that: By the Jan Lokpal Bill, Is it possible to demolish all kinds of corruption, I mean, whenever we talk of corruption, we understand that corruption by Government Officers and Political Leaders, but what about the corruption by the private people are they going to come under the same net by the Bill, I dont think so. Because there are many instances that the Political Leaders and Bureaucrats using private people as Binamis to the them. There are instances of corruption in the Private Firms and Companies too. I think at present there is no any law to prevent private people from demanding bribes.

My suggestion is: The definition of corruption (bribe) must be like this "Any person irrespective of his position demanding money or money equivalent, without offering goods or services is called as demanding bribe" here the position of a person means whether he is holding public office or private office, and money equivalent is demanding something else in terms of goods or other benefit measured in terms of money.

I think every kind of corruption falls under this definition and people involved may be treated by the Law appropriately.

I welcome all the arguments in favour of, or against my queries and suggestions with great pleasure.

Thank you.

India Against Corruption
India Against Corruption is a PUBLIC Forum, NOT associated with any organisation(s).
DISCLAIMER: Members of public post content on this website. We hold no responsibility for the same. However, abuse may be reported to us.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0