India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > INDIA AGAINST CORRUPTION > Starters > Members Forum
New Topics

Are the TWO TYPES of CORRUPTION really DIFFERENT ?

Dear Friends, I've sometimes seen people classifying corruption, and saying one type is better than the other. Can this really .....

09-03-2011

: Aug 2011
: Kolkata
:
: 384 | 0.08 Per Day
Are the TWO TYPES of CORRUPTION really DIFFERENT ?

Dear Friends,

I've sometimes seen people classifying corruption, and saying one type is better than the other.

Can this really be ?

All right, let me elaborate.

They speak of two types of corruption - One, in which Corruption is resorted to within the space of one's everyday duty, for example, a government officer asking for a bribe to do his job, a Policeman asking for a bribe to register an FIR, a telephone lineman asking for a tip for restoring connectivity etc. Lets call this type Intraneous Corruption...a good example would be Kalmadi...he just plain siphoned off funds for doing his normal duty...managing the Commonwealth Games...

The other one is where con-money is asked for for providing illegitimate services outside the sphere of one's duty...here you get the standard or normal service without paying anything, but for special services or privileges you need to cough up something...a good example would be Raja...he didn't charge anything for normal services, but charged extra doles for extra service...illegitimately diverting the resources of the nation for his own personal gains...we might call this Extraneous Corruption...

Now, I've heard some folks differentiate between the two, and conclude that the Second kind, i.e. the Extraneous form of Corruption is better than the First, Intraneous kind. Going so far as to say, they can live with the Second, but not with the First.

Really ? How ?

Both these types cost the National Exchequer, or the Public Pocket.

Both these types create a parallel economy of black money, which goes to empower those that least deserve it, and those that are dangerous for society.

And Most Importantly, both these types illegally divert national resources, and deprive the deserving of their legitimate rights.

Therefore, they end up doing the same kind and quantum of damage, to individuals, society and the nation's future.

So how are the two any different ?

I feel we should stop differentiating between these two types of corruption, and treat them with the same standard of disrespect. And more importantly, get rid of them - completely eradicate them.

Would like to know how you feel.

Thanks,

Summit.

Last edited by Summit Ensign; 09-03-2011 at 11:12 AM

India Against Corruption
India Against Corruption is a PUBLIC Forum, NOT associated with any organisation(s).
DISCLAIMER: Members of public post content on this website. We hold no responsibility for the same. However, abuse may be reported to us.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0