India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > INDIA AGAINST CORRUPTION > DISCUSSIONS > Opinion & POLLs

Stop Paying TAX

'war of mahabharata' was not for a fun. But it was a message that whenever justice will not be more, .....

: Should we stop paying TAX?
Yes, we should stop paying taxes to the corrupt govt. 31 36.05%
No, this is not the right solution. 45 52.33%
Can't Say if this will or won't help. 2 2.33%
I have my own opinion. Please read... 8 9.30%
: 86.

06-14-2011

: Jun 2011
: Aurangabad,Maharashtra
: 46
:
: 6 | 0.00 Per Day

'war of mahabharata' was not for a fun. But it was a message that whenever justice will not be more, rulllers will not care of his own countrymen, breaks every rule according to them,crush every honest persons voice.
This Govt. have got 5 yrs. licence for rule. We are the victims of <Aadarsh so./2G/no. of landscams/> . So Impractical things are the need of hour.
06-18-2011

: Maharashtra
:
: 1 | 0.00 Per Day
Lets clean ourselves first..!

Better stop giving bribe .corruption is not limitted to Politicians only.
Babu's and also we common people also equally responsible for it..!
Didn't we accept money during elections for vote.? didn't we give 'chai-pani' to govt Babu's for small-small works to get it done faster..?
From where the black money comes..? did the politicians or other people who have their accounts in swiss bank have printing machinary of their own ..? No..! we comman people directly or indirectly are involved in it.. !

Start being true to ourself first..Decide not to give bribe.. get knowledge of Laws & Make effective use of the same(e.g. RTI)..!

Lets clean indivisuals home first..decide be clean help others to do the same..India will beome cleaner automatically..!
06-19-2011

: Apr 2011
: Chennai
: 70
:
: 166 | 0.04 Per Day

Prasad Vanjale,

I do agree with you that each of us should try to practice what we expect from the politicians... we should not receive or give bribes, at the minimum.

But if you try to make this the first step or a pre-condition to create a corruption-free nation, I'm afraid you're off the mark.

By the same logic, we don't need any police or courts. Let each of us first become honest, sincere and fair. We won't need police or courts.

We know very well that while an individual (you/ I) can set high personal goals, it is Utopian to expect the society to do that,... much less to educate the society to become that.

So, we need laws, law enforcement agencies, etc. We're a reasonable law-abiding society ONLY because we have the checks in the form of police and courts.

Similarly, when the existing laws are inadequate, either because of the laws or the enforcers, it is we, the people (the affected) who should turn the heat on the politicians and the rest of the ruling class (incl. the bureaucrats and judiciary) and fine-tune the systems (checks and balances). This is an eternal process.

This is democracy. NOT just voting once in 5 years and minding our business.

Some people ask if the right Lokpal Bill will root out corruption. Has any Bill, or even our whole constitution, at any stage, solved all our problems? That's why we've amended the constitution so many times. In an ever changing world, it's foolish to stick to old laws. Change, we should, as and when we need.

So the Lokpal Bill is just another fine-tuning in the war between the society and the anti-socially inclined rulers who have taken corruption to new highs (or do you call, new lows?) and want no checks on corruption. (I'm NOT saying ALL the rulers/ politicians are anti-socially inclined. Personally I believe a cast majority of them are.)

We have a Government to make sure the society moves forward and anti-social forces that try to disrupt the development are kept in check.

What do we do when the rulers themselves become anti-social? We use Annas to set things right.

Some people ask if Anna is a Gandhi. No two people were or would ever be exactly alike. If by Gandhi, we mean someone who takes on political evil and attempts to correct the situation, yes Anna is.

In fact, if what Lord Krishna said in the Bhagavad Geetha is true, Anna is Lord Krishna. By this I'm NOT equating Anna to God. I'm just saying this in the specific context of Anna taking on the the 'Adharm' rulers.

Lord Krishna, in my view, didn't promise that He Himself would be born again, but just that this is a law of nature. When things go bad beyond the flash point, someone will take the leadership and fight injustice, and redeem the world from the unjust.

Let's understand that the lesser mortals (you and I included) will be lesser mortals. They won't ALL become good and saintly one day, and then the evil will be rooted out automatically. No. The evil must be rooted out first and fair laws must be made to prevail, and the rulers enforcing such just laws will make sure we all behave ourselves, or face the music.

Since most of the people (say 98%) are neither 'too bad' or 'too good', but just fence sitters, we will behave when forced to. That's how you bring about a reasonably fair equilibrium in the society.

Ganesan. :~)
06-22-2011

:
reason

Even i think so. At least we must move the drive for this financial period on two conditions
1)"Bring all black money to INDIA" ".
2)Make strict n regorus punishment for such corrupted persons by changing/amending the law's.

[Basically 'Tax' is a term that - paying contribution for devolepment & maintainance purpose as government or country don't have enough money.]

If our condition will get fullfill then there will not be a reason even to pay-tax because govt./country will have more than enough money for number of years. That means Every person will get superior life.

So don't act as blindly be wise.
06-23-2011

: J&K
: 35
:
: 2 | 0.00 Per Day

direct tax is fine bur why the indirect taxes???
If one pays the taxes what is the point asking for taxes in hidden form like VAT( VALUE ADDED TAX), tax on food, beverages, clothing etc.

Regards,
Anamika
06-27-2011

:

See, let's understand first the term called 'Tax'

[Basically 'Tax' is a term that - paying contribution for devolepment & maintainance purpose as government or country don't have enough money.]

Huge flow of money is continuosly going out side the country illegally called 'Black Money'. We should demand bring back that money to our country.

Result of which -
There will not be need to charge taxes because of surplus of money. Ultimatly there will not be Inflation.
Each n every poor will gate good food n shelter.

Happy to hear voice from J&K.
06-27-2011

:

Demand for bring back 'Black Money' to our country and support for 'Lokpal Bill' is the utimate solution. We should take initiative like 'Do or Die'.

See this government is showing no mercy to us. Every day life is becoming narrow. Raising inflation cause Corruption,Crime .. no matter where the GDP's going.

Through this platform I am happy to hear the vocie from J&K.

Keep Raising voice aginst injuctice!
06-27-2011

: J&K
: 35
:
: 2 | 0.00 Per Day

Initiative like 'Do or Die' is what Baba Ramdev and Anna Hazari ji already started... but wt did they get--- just some sympathising words and nothing much.. the bill still remains to be passed. I just cant understand one thing--- Why isnt the govt. ready to bring back the money for its own country's welfare??? why??
06-28-2011

:

See most of the black money is there own party/ministers. They have ruled for almost 60yrs. 'Lok pal Bill' is not a new concept. But a most awaited one.
07-01-2011

: Jul 2011
: India
:
: 3 | 0.00 Per Day
Unhappy It will effect adversly

We doesn't pay tax with our choice but government collect it from us forcefully.
We get our reimbursement after deducting tax and the cost of every product in india increased 10 to 100 times just due to lunatic tax structure.
Now a day we are bounded to pay bribe. If you will not pay they will mess-up your work. In Mumbai if you want to buy any property in prime area then builder or agent will tell you directly [Without any fear that] 40% white 60% black. If you want to pay 100% white they will not accept the deal.

In such a scenario we cannot think about avoiding paying tax. because it is not in our hand.

India Against Corruption
India Against Corruption is a PUBLIC Forum, NOT associated with any organisation(s).
DISCLAIMER: Members of public post content on this website. We hold no responsibility for the same. However, abuse may be reported to us.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0