India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > INDIA AGAINST CORRUPTION > DISCUSSIONS

Will Lokpal solve our troubles?

Sorry for the rather negative sounding title...of course I have no doubt that it will change things for the better. .....

04-11-2011

: Apr 2011
: Mumbai
: 48
:
: 36 | 0.01 Per Day
Will Lokpal solve our troubles?

Sorry for the rather negative sounding title...of course I have no doubt that it will change things for the better. The question is by what quantum? In my humble opinion, this alone will not root out corruption completely (or to the level where it no longer affects us) - there have to be other, radical changes too. Like our "system". For one, our lawmakers do not have any one (other than the opposition) to control them. And why will they (and the opposition) change something that benefits them? There is absolutely no reason. The only thing that counts is getting a majority of votes to come into power - and then you can spend the next five years doing what you want - no one can question you!!

How many times have we heard of people speaking out against the local corporator or the powerful businessman or the powerful neta, getting killed? Do we have to "search" for any such instance? No. Its there, in full and shameless public view - those in power or with connections subverting others' liberties. Yes, when someone says "do you know who I am, do you know what I can do to you" - he or she is subverting the other person's liberty - and in essence our country's constitution which guarantees us freedom of liberty and speech.

Spare a thought for the numerous defence personnel spending their days away from home & family protecting what we call our country's freedom - freedom which many a corrupt, power-hungry people use to literally lay bare and naked this country's dignity.

The police who are controlled by the local corporator or the state govt. who has to dance to their tune simply because their jobs are at stake. Why should a police officer, whose papers can be transferred at the whim of such a govt. or person, not obey if his/her job is at stake? This is the another problem we need to solve - how to let the police do their jobs without political interference? Can we have a system where the police can do their job well? The current system is simply a tool in the hands of the administration to use the police more for themselves than for the public. Consider this: In the event of a civil agitation where people have simply gone against the administration, on whose side do you think the police will be? Even though each policeman is a citizen he/she will HAVE TO favour the administration - the administration is more important than the people.

The third problem is "democracy" - in particular the form practised here. You have a party that represents people - so far, so good. Then you have another, and another, and still another. What we have in effect is basically no longer people's representatives but parties who have supporters - so its only a show of strength as far as anything is concerned. Then is the system of funding these parties - you want to set up a big mall, pay up (i.e., to the party that holds sway in that area). Classic case is the builder-politician nexus. How do we solve this?

The point is, merely catching hold of govt. babus is not going to help in the bigger picture - we'll still have the problem of subversion of liberty by those in power. Till subversion exists, corruption will be there and vice-versa. Till this is overcome, we cannot consider India a truly free country.
04-22-2011

: Apr 2011
: new delhi
:
: 2 | 0.00 Per Day
Urgent

Dear All Friend

Hi its my opinion which can make you think about this

POWER MAKES PEOPLE TURN TOWARDS WRONG

Did anyone really think that anyone can help us to stop corruption their are several people whom are talking about corruption but no one can make them down because everyone is connected to them including us.
we go to make our driving licenses but for our convince we hire a agent so we will get the licenses fast from others.
we go to pf office to get our money but without bribes we didn't get our money if a traffic constable stop us while driving we bribe him.

so in my opinion i think that we have to change us if we want to change the system.
we select the politician we support them to win the election so how anyone can changed the system when we are responsible for making them.
i think this Lokpal bill will also get corrupted with in a month with their comity
because every member in this comity is from a good family and they don't know the pain of a common man.
daily we are reading a new case against the member of lokpal comity so how we can trust them.

PLS SUPPORT THIS SO WE CAN FIGHT AGAINST THEM
07-12-2011

: Jul 2011
: Coimbatore
: 34
:
: 12 | 0.00 Per Day

Nice posting....Got some valid information.

Cegonsoft Job Assurance
Cegonsoft
08-17-2011

: Aug 2011
: MAHARASHTRA
: 68
:
: 1 | 0.00 Per Day

Shri Annaji's movement against corruption needs to be appreciated, but 'Janlokpal Bill' is not the solution - it may be the begining of a long struggle to erradicate corruption from our country. Every politician irrespective of their party affiliation are corrupt and have been accumulating wealth. A thought - all this could be because corruption is in-built into the character of every indian. People in our country are staunch practitioners of religion - where practice of offerings is quite common to acheive one's goals. These offerings is nothing but practice of corruption. If we have to erradicate corruption from our country - we need to give up this practice. This implies we need to change this particular character of our people. This is an immpossible task.

Last edited by kumar1955; 08-17-2011 at 10:52 AM
08-19-2011

: Jun 2011
: patna
: 53
:
: 54 | 0.01 Per Day

Corruption is inside. It is not outside. You can not have both things. I will keep my greed but my representative can not their keep greed. It is hypococracy. It is about conscience. It is about character. How can lok pal bill eradicate coorruption if corruption is latent in you in form of your greed. What is the gaurantee that the boy carrying the flag on the steet will not fall to lure of lucre if he becomes a paliamentarian tomorrow. Go inside. It is about unexplored right brain. It is about ancient systems. Balance your left egoistic brain with selfless right brain. An unbalanced populous can not have balanced representatives.
Bura jo dekhan main chala, bura na milya koi, jo dil khoja aapnaa, mujse bura na koi.
08-19-2011

: Feb 2011
: Chandigarh
:
: 312 | 0.07 Per Day

very true said , we have to kill the corrupt thoughts inside first

India Against Corruption
India Against Corruption is a PUBLIC Forum, NOT associated with any organisation(s).
DISCLAIMER: Members of public post content on this website. We hold no responsibility for the same. However, abuse may be reported to us.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0