India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > INDIA AGAINST CORRUPTION > DISCUSSIONS
New Topics

middle ground 'for corruption' ?

My way or high-way ... All or nothing ... these are silly catch phrases. Can there ever be a "middle .....

08-20-2011

: Aug 2011
: Chennai
: 61
:
: 1 | 0.00 Per Day
Thumbs down middle ground 'for corruption' ?

My way or high-way ... All or nothing ... these are silly catch phrases. Can there ever be a "middle ground" for anti-corruption ?
If Anna Hazare is suggesting that we should atleast consider a Lok Pal that can tackle corruption upto "1,76,000 Crores" and parliament wants a bill that can cover upto say 1 crore* ...does anyone want a "MIDDLE GROUND" of say upto something like hmmm...."1000 crores" ? If at all Congress was sincere it shd only say they want a better and stronger bill that can cover a much bigger corruption scale.
*(ironically 1 Cr is what an Italian foreigner ruling india declared her assets to EC..what a cruel joke)

If anyone is adopting a "All or Nothing" stand, it is the Govt who says we dont have a magic wand, would the Jan Lokpal bill remove corruption like a magic wand ... Im saying must the Jan lokpal bill remove corruption in a jiffy or it wd be declared useless ? Did the Parliament bring in ANY bill in 64 yrs ? Why not try the Jan lok pal once and then bring in "Ammendments" if it turns out not be a magic wand. Why should we have either a Magic wand or Nothing at all (which is the proposed weak lokpal)

Another popular argument "should parliament allow some layman in the park to do hunger strike and use it as black mail ?"
I would say YES. YES the parliament has to listen to a layman in the park "IF THERE ARE SO MANY CRORES OF INDIANS" seeing sense. If Parliament has to run as per such a black mail DAILY, the so be it. They would only be better off.

Im completely baffled with arguments of Congress. If their version of the bill is MORE effective against corruption -WHY CANT THEY DECLARE IT ON A NEWSPAPER? Merits and de-merits - clearly shows that their bill is actually "FOR CORRUPTION" as IAC puts it

These stupid parliamentarians should be taught a lesson on democracy and Constitution. They should know HOW PEOPLE ARE ABOVE CONSTITUTION AND CONSTITUTION IS ABOVE PARLIAMENT (LOK/RAJYA SABHA). Because there is not 1 parliament which is supreme. Our Loksabha/rajya sabha is "UNDERNEATH" the Vidhan Sabha which are in the States, and the those Sabhas are UNDERNEATH the GRAM SABHA which are many lakhs representing the real PEOPLE. Hence PEOPLE have ALLOWED the elected representatives to "come into" the Parliament on a lease basis for a term. They are not "Outsiders" as the corrupt members term people in dharna to be.

When dirty MPs talk about democracy and ideology do they know that MISUTILISING a rule in "POLITICS" they have posted their leader as a Prime Minister WHO HAS NEVER WON ELECTIONS and is NOT A MEMBER OF LOK SABHA ? And he is asking Anna Hazare to "contest elections and come into parliament legally" ? Do they even know if Anna Hazare stands in any constituency (not from far away ASSAM !( like cowardly PMs do ... others in Amethi .. which is under developed for last 60 yrs of being Cong's own constituency)..the opposition will simply lose their deposit ?

The so called bastions of parliamentary democracy have forgotten that Home minister LOST his ELECTION and by way of fraud he was declared Elected in Tamil Nadu 2.5 yrs back

From a true Indian, IT professional
Arun Jagannathan/Chennai-Delhi
08-20-2011

: jharsuguda,orissa
: 44
:
: 2 | 0.00 Per Day

hi arun, i cn understand ur anger and ur frustration towards the system n our politician, i know they dont deserve any mercy, bt our system is a mirror of our society n our politicians r also among one of us. i know the system of our country hs been sabotaged by corruption. bt still i dont agree that the lokpal bill sry the janlokpal bill is the only way out 4m this. atleast i m not fully convinced yet hw can this bill eradicate all the corruption. and i think like me there is a lot of other indian are not convinced yet. u cant say me that i dont deserve to b an indian if i dont think as u r thinkin, v all hv our democratic right to put our view in our away. my point is that this is not the end of the world, our fight against corruption needs more talk and yet a lot of people to be convinced about this bill.
08-20-2011

: ahmedabad,gujrat
: 36
:
: 4 | 0.00 Per Day

hi arun, i cn understand ur anger and ur frustration towards the system n our politician, i know they dont deserve any mercy, bt our system is a mirror of our society n our politicians r also among one of us. i know the system of our country hs been sabotaged by corruption. bt still i dont agree that the lokpal bill sry the janlokpal bill is the only way out 4m this. atleast i m not fully convinced yet hw can this bill eradicate all the corruption. and i think like me there is a lot of other indian are not convinced yet. u cant say me that i dont deserve to b an indian if i dont think as u r thinkin, v all hv our democratic right to put our view in our away. my point is that this is not the end of the world, our fight against corruption needs more talk and yet a lot of people to be convinced about this bill.
Mr. Sujain Ghosh....who says or saying that this locpal is going to stop the 100% corruption, it will hilp to remove upto 60% only...

Let it come first then Anna Hazare team has many other plans also in list which wil help in improving condition in our country...

Yes I am fully agree with you that politicians are also one of us. So we know that this is so difficult to get them on the right path because almost everybody is same. As Anna says that every next ruling party z more corrupt then the previous one. So politicians are going to be the same. Thatswhy locpal z focusing to change d system not the people around them..

Plz give it a try..

India Against Corruption
India Against Corruption is a PUBLIC Forum, NOT associated with any organisation(s).
DISCLAIMER: Members of public post content on this website. We hold no responsibility for the same. However, abuse may be reported to us.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0