India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > INDIA AGAINST CORRUPTION > DISCUSSIONS > REPORT CORRUPTION

Irregularities in allotment of banks in IBPS-po 2012: smells fishy

Sir, There have been reports of irregularities in allotment of banks to the selected candidates of IBPS-PO 2012. Institute of .....

03-14-2013

: Mar 2013
: hapur
:
: 2 | 0.00 Per Day
Irregularities in allotment of banks in IBPS-po 2012: smells fishy

Sir,
There have been reports of irregularities in allotment of banks to the selected candidates of IBPS-PO 2012. Institute of banking personnel selection (IBPS) has not yet replied to my e-mail regarding the exact procedure adopted by it in allocation of PSU banks. Few of my friends have received mail but its very ambiguous and does not help in clearing the muddy waters.

There have been cases where candidates having lower scores have been awarded banks while a higher ranker has been left high and dry. Its specially the case with the most sought out organizations such as Export Credit Guarantee Corporation (ECGC), Bank of Baroda, Punjab National Bank. There have been instances when candidates in category have been awarded seats in un-reserved category even though a general candidate with higher score was available.

We are interested in the following information:
1. exact procedure adopted by IBPS in allocation of PSU banks.
2. Overall and category ranks of the candidates.
3. Number of general and reserved category candidates allotted to ECGC, BOB, PNB and IDBI.
4. Cut-off marks for each category in ECGC, BOB, PNB and IDBI.

We are also looking for other options like filing an RTI application or getting legal remedy. But RTI procedure is a lengthy one and we may not have the luxury of time in our hands since we may be asked to join the allocated banks soon. How can we file a PIL? As we are students we cannot invest much time or money. What steps should we take?

Can you please help us clear the air regarding the exact allotment process adopted by IBPS organization. A little investigative effort on your part may well help us accept the final allotment handed out to us and strengthen our faith in the allotment process adopted by IBPS. Hope I am not causing much trouble and will soon hear from you.

I hope it will not bother you a lot and in fact showcase your commitment towards a transparent governance model so well cherished by our government and being the voice of the voice-less.

Yours sincerely,
Mayank

India Against Corruption
India Against Corruption is a PUBLIC Forum, NOT associated with any organisation(s).
DISCLAIMER: Members of public post content on this website. We hold no responsibility for the same. However, abuse may be reported to us.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0