India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > INDIA AGAINST CORRUPTION > DISCUSSIONS > REPORT CORRUPTION
New Topics

Airport Customs @ HYD

The entry points of India "Airport Customs" are highly corrupt and rob the ordinary and innocent passengers. At Hyderabad Airport, .....

• 1 KVSKS

04-07-2011

: Apr 2011
:
: 3 | 0.00 Per Day
Airport Customs @ HYD

The entry points of India "Airport Customs" are highly corrupt and rob the ordinary and innocent passengers. At Hyderabad Airport, one can see many officers busy collecting money from passengers especially coming from Gulf Countries. Poor workers return home after 2 or 3 years and will be seen being robbed by MEN in uniforms. The wonder is they make it so hard to pay offical customs duty that one ends up heeding their pressure tactics.

Lot of governement money is robbed ALL DAY LONG at the gateways of India....
04-07-2011

:
: 4 | 0.00 Per Day
Post Customs @ Mumbai are same

When I returned from US after short visit and landed in 2008 at Mumbai, to my surprise large number of custom dept. employess(not sure if they were officers) approached me one by one. All of them were asking for $20, give $20 and will pass your luggage.

I am glad i said no to all of them and to last one I said ... give me $20, I'll show you how luggage passes screening if you don't have anything to declare.
04-08-2011

: United Arab Emirates
: 43
:
: 2 | 0.00 Per Day

I agree..this is big menace on our Airports all over India..I just ignore them if the are stopping me..this is all because most of the people are ignorant of what they are taking and how much tax is to be paid for the things they carry if any
08-27-2011

: Aug 2011
: Mumbai
:
: 10 | 0.00 Per Day

The entry points of India "Airport Customs" are highly corrupt and rob the ordinary and innocent passengers. At Hyderabad Airport, one can see many officers busy collecting money from passengers especially coming from Gulf Countries. Poor workers return home after 2 or 3 years and will be seen being robbed by MEN in uniforms. The wonder is they make it so hard to pay offical customs duty that one ends up heeding their pressure tactics.

Lot of governement money is robbed ALL DAY LONG at the gateways of India....
Yes, I agree with you that customs department in our is the most corrupt. Not only the regular passengers are robbed, there is no way of complaining. In the name of security they get license to steal. This inspite of having very good salaries, free tickets. Shame! Shame!

India Against Corruption
India Against Corruption is a PUBLIC Forum, NOT associated with any organisation(s).
DISCLAIMER: Members of public post content on this website. We hold no responsibility for the same. However, abuse may be reported to us.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0