India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > INDIA AGAINST CORRUPTION > Starters

Anti-graft movement and the beauty of india!

In my life I never took part in any agitation, either political or sectarian, except on one occasion as a .....

09-07-2011

: May 2011
: Kamptee, Nagpur
: 78
:
: 3 | 0.00 Per Day
Anti-graft movement and the beauty of india!

In my life I never took part in any agitation, either political or sectarian, except on one occasion as a local leader of our Officers’ Association. The main reasons are that:-
I. As on date no political party is non-corrupt or ideal and no politician (except a few) is totally non-corrupt.
II. Similarly no sectarian leader is either honest, ideal or for a universal cause. The tragedy is that almost all resort to violence and try for forced participation which results into repulsions, fighting, arson, looting, murders etc.
Seeing all these I always felt pity and remained a passive spectator. What I could do was to simply pray. Suddenly here comes a saint like person with a soldier’s firmness and courage, now popularly known as ANNA. There are some who are trying to defame and malign him. My simple response to them is that Anna is far superior and cleaner than many who do so. Anna is totally a dedicated person for the country, very simple, pure in thoughts, words and deeds and he is bold enough to bear abuses and insults of the fools and the prejudiced, for being honest. As a retired executive of a PSU, I know how difficult it is to work honestly and the persecutions one has to suffer from the corrupt majority.
I was closely watching and studying India Against Corruption movement. It was after Madam Kiren Bedi came to Nagpur and addressed a gathering a few months ago that I extended my support as a volunteer. On 16Th August 2011, I went to RBI Square, Nagpur to study the organizers and the method of agitation. The call was purely for a total nonviolent agitation without any coercion for participation. I was very much impressed and joined the agitation almost daily from morning till evening. (This was what I could do at this stage).

I was only two years old when India became independent in 1947. When the call for a second freedom struggle to free the nation from the clutches of the corrupt came from Anna and devoted eminent persons like Madam Kiren Bedi, Shri Arvind Kejerival, Shri Prashant Bushan and others supported it and the whole media spread the message day and night I felt very proud to be a little part of a great movement. I am not supporting Anna or a group but supporting a struggle for a right cause, the need of the hour, in a right way, sticking to AHIMSA. This is my conviction. I will be with the movement till their intentions are good and the means are totally nonviolent. I could see THE REAL BEAUTY OF INDIA during the agitation. Though many groups came and supported it only National flags flew in the air. Though people from different religions assembled, there was no feeling of Hindu, Muslim, Sikh or Isai but only Indian. Instead of anger and violence, people of all ages sang patriotic songs and danced together as if it is a celebration. One could see the real strength, UNITY IN DIVERSITY, of India. Though millions gathered in every centre of agitation there was no commotion but self discipline and peace throughout. Millions of people gathered in different centers and thousands holding the Tri-colours in their hands sang ‘VANDE MATARUM’ and ‘BHARAT MATA KI JAI’. This agitation has united the people of India, in and abroad. It has instilled patriotism almost in every Indian. It has ignited a fire to fight for ones individual rights as a citizen. We have once again become a torch bearer for peaceful protests and agitation to other countries. There is no need of violence, arson, looting, murders etc for achieving a legitimate goal. It is foolish and wretched to do so. The only thing is that the rulers should sense the pulse of the people and act wisely without pride or prejudice. Agreeing and approving a right demand is not a weakness but it is a sign of wisdom and magnanimity of the rulers. This is what is expected of them to do.
09-07-2011

: Aug 2011
: Kanpur UP
: 39
:
: 373 | 0.08 Per Day

Well said brothr
JAI HIND

India Against Corruption
India Against Corruption is a PUBLIC Forum, NOT associated with any organisation(s).
DISCLAIMER: Members of public post content on this website. We hold no responsibility for the same. However, abuse may be reported to us.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0