India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > ANTIRESERVATION FORUM > MORE... > Admissions & Jobs > Admission Notices

Certificate course in rational emotive behavior therapy (rebt)

AntiReservation.Com [Admission Notices] CERTIFICATE COURSE IN RATIONAL EMOTIVE BEHAVIOR THERAPY (REBT) Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy and Cognitive Behavior Thearpy are .....

08-12-2009

: Oct 2008
:
: 10,959 | 1.93 Per Day
Post Certificate course in rational emotive behavior therapy (rebt)

AntiReservation.Com [Admission Notices]

CERTIFICATE COURSE IN RATIONAL EMOTIVE BEHAVIOR THERAPY (REBT)

Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy and Cognitive Behavior Thearpy are the most widely used psychotherapies today and a choice of most mental health professionals due to their efficacy, short course and long term results in a wide range of emotional and psychiatric problems. This course is aimed at offering high quality intensive training in the theory and practice of CBT and REBT to mental health professionals and other professionals in the helping profession. The supervised therapy of the peers during the training ensures first hand experience of REBT as opposed to role plays. Daily sessions ensure optimum training and application of the concepts learned. The course teaches the model of REBT and empowers the counsellor with skills and techniques used in the therapy.

There will be four hours of training every day.
Date: 4th Sept -13th sept.
Venue: Inspire, behind Poonam chambers, Dr. Annie Besant Road, Worli. Mumbai.
Time: 2pm to 6 pm

Syllabus:

The following topics will be discussed in the course:

Principles and practice of REBT
Core REBT concepts
Practice: Assessment and Intervention strategies in REBT

Step by step approach to the problem, its assessment and disputation.
Giving homework assignments to clients.
Overcoming resistance to therapy in clients.
Application of REBT in various clinical disorders.
Application of REBT to relationship issues
REBT and the myth of self esteem
Shame attacking exercises for Unconditional self acceptance (USA)
Using different intervention strategies and styles
Overcoming difficulties
Supervised therapy after every class.

The trainees will be given guidance about the recommended reading and further training in CBT and REBT.

Eligibility: This course is aimed at training highly motivated professionals from the helping profession like psychologists, psychiatrists, doctors, teachers and lecturers. Though there is no necessary educational qualification as a criterion for entering the course, it is recommended that you have a post graduate degree in psychology or psychiatry. The medium of instruction is English, so a good understanding of English is necessary. The trainees must be prepared for hardwork and putting in effort into the training as the sessions can be demanding. They must have time to read the printed material and doing the homework assignments.

Trainer: Dr.Shishir Palsapure is a counselling psychologist at Care hospital, Nagpur and has been conducting certificate course in counselling there. He has recieved intensive training at the Albert Ellis Institute, New York, NY, USA and certified by the institute as Associate Fellow. He is a lecturer at the Hislop college, Nagpur and teaches MA (Psy) students. Dr. Shishir has recieved training at the prestigious Harvard University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA. He has trained over 200 psychiatrists, psychologists, counsellors and other mental health professionals in basic counselling skills, CBT and REBT.

For any course related queries, you may call him at 9975497669 or email shishirpal@gmail. com

Frequently asked questions:
Does this course enable me to counsel patients and clients?

Ans: Yes, certainly. You will be able to use counselling techniques on yourself and others. Even if you are not a psychologist and are in a helping profession like medicine or teaching, you will be benefited as you will get a structure to your counselling.

Will I get a certificate for having done the training?

Ans. Yes, you will get a certificate signed by the trainer.

Is this a licence to practice counselling?

Ans: No, this course is meant for enhancing the skills of professionals in the helping profession like doctors, psychiatrists, counsellors and psychologists who already are legally allowed to counsel. But this course itself is not a licence to practice psychotherapy.

Will I get to counsel real clients? Will there be any practical training?

Ans: Certainly yes. There is a lot of emphasis on practical training in the course. Your peers will be your clients. They will not be playing roles so they will pose with real problems. This ensures you will be able to counsel real problems in a comfortable environment. Your counselling will be supervised by the trainer and you will get feedback. You will also get a chance to present your difficulties and get counselling done by your peers.

Is this course meant for your self help?

Ans: Though doing the course will help you solve your own problems, it is not primarily meant for solving your own problems. Professional counselling is recommended for severe emotional problems.

How can I get further training in REBT ?

Ans. This course will be followed by advanced course which will help you deal with specific clinical disorders and a higher level of training. You can also get more training at the Albert Ellis Institute which is situated in New York.

What is the fees?

Ans: For Fee details, please contact Dr.Aditya Tiwari.His number is 9320029193
Do I have to read some text book before I enter the course?
Ans. It is highly recommended that the students read the printed material provided at the time of admission.

Is there is a test at the end of the course?

Ans: Yes, There will be a written and practical test at the end of the course. Clearing the test is necessary to be eligible for the certificate.

How can I sign up for the course?

Ans. Simply fill in the form below, or a copy of it and mail it to vinci.manish@ gmail.com .

Application form:

Name*:______ _________ _________ _________ _________ ________

Address*:___ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ________

Phone number*:____ _________ _________ _________ _________ ___

Email* (please write in capitals and clearly) :___________ _________ _________ ___

Educational qualification* :___________ _________

Profession*: _________ _________ _________ ______

What are your expectations form the course?_____ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________

____________ __

What books have you read on REBT?_______ _________ _________ ___

Any previous training in REBT/CBT? If so where and of what duration?

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _

Recent passport sized photograph Signature

Fields marked by an asterisk * are mandatory.

FOR ANY COURSE RELATED QUERIES CALL DR.SHISHIR PALSAPURE AT 09975497669
FOR ADMISSION RELATED QUERIES CALL Dr. Aditya Tiwari at 9320029193

05-08-2011

: May 2011
: Nagpur
: 48
:
: 1 | 0.00 Per Day
Intensive practical skills training in REBT and CBT

Want to learn practical skills in Cognitive therapy and Rational Emotive behavior therapy (CBT and REBT)?

__________________________________________________ _____________________________
Mumbai: June 1st-June10th
Delhi: July 1st-July 10th
Bengaluru: August 1st-10th
Hyderabad: September 1st-September 10th 2011
Kolkata and Chennai dates to be announced soon.
__________________________________________________ ____________________________
Professional training, a certificate course in psychotherapy/counseling based on REBT and CBT.

Introducing new improved module combining Beck’s Cognitive therapy (CBT) and Ellis’ Rational Emotive Behavior therapy (REBT) in the same workshop. A total 10 days (50 hours) of training.

Why this training?

• The practical training in psychotherapeutic techniques is insufficient or is totally missing from University curricula and this workshop focuses on practical training.
• Psychologists do not allow others to observe during counseling sessions with their clients so actual practical training is difficult to get for a student.
• Cognitive Behavior therapy and Rational Emotive behavior therapy are the first line of treatment for most psychological challenges and psychiatric disorders in the modern times due to their short duration and long lasting results.
• Training abroad is fairly expensive and is usually not feasible for most mental health professionals.
• The need for supervision in therapy.

Who should attend this training program?

Mental health professionals including practicing/non-practicing psychiatrists, psychologists, psychotherapists, counselors and psychology students. Professionals from other helping professions like doctors, nurses, physiotherapists, teachers, pastors, preachers shall also be benefited with this workshop.

What is this training program about?

This is an intensive practical training workshop dealing with Rational Emotive behavior therapy and Cognitive therapy (REBT and CBT). REBT of Albert Ellis is a form of cognitive behavior therapy based on the assumption that human beings largely create and maintain their emotional disturbance themselves through faulty beliefs and can overcome this emotional disturbance and self-defeating behavior. Cognitive therapy (popularly known as CBT) by Aaron Beck is another widely practiced form of therapy that focuses on client’s distorted thinking and helps them correct it along with beliefs, helps them modify their beliefs and behavior. Both these therapies are present focused and problem oriented, help clients learn new ways of relating to themselves, others and the world and solve difficulties in their lives.

Course content: Many more topics will be discussed during workshop that are not listed here because the sessions are customized depending upon the audience’s needs.

REBT (Ellis) 8 days

• Detailed theory of REBT (A-B-C-Disputation etc.)
• Differences and similarity in CBT and REBT.
• Doing the actual counseling, the practical training, step by step supervised training.
• Therapeutic techniques including disputation with more emphasis on disputation.
Various cognitive, behavioral and emotive techniques, homework.
• Solving problems you encounter during therapy, resistance.
• How to handle depression, anxiety, anger, relationship issues, lack of decision making,
low confidence etc. in self and clients.
• Case discussion.
• Guidance on books and other resources and much more.

CBT (Beck) 2 days (4th and 5th June in Mumbai) Click here for details

• The thinking-feeling-behaving connection.
• Beck’s Cognitive diathesis stress model
• 5 aspects model.
• Case conceptualization in Cognitive therapy.
• Session structure.
• Assessment of Automatic thoughts.
• Assessment of Cognitive distortions.
• Assessment of Emotions.
• Core beliefs, cognitive triad.
• Modifying cognition, homework.
• Cognitive behavioral techniques.

Program benefits: With a plethora of learning methods employed, this workshop takes the learning experience to a higher level.
• Hands-on experience of the therapeutic methods, techniques and skills.
• Reading material plus references. All participants shall receive reading material in their email upon registration to be read before the workshop. This maximizes your learning during the workshop.
• Opportunity to get your own therapy supervised by a trained therapist
(Supervision can cost as high as $100 or more per hour abroad).
• Fun-filled activities and varied learning methods
• Audio sessions of real therapy and video sessions of participants.
• Case discussions
• Exercises
• Assignments
• Group discussions and brainstorming sessions
• Live therapy of all the participants (peer counseling)
• Certificates awarded to all participants

Faculty:
Dr. Shishir Palsapure is a psychotherapist and is the trainer for this workshop. He is certified as Associate Fellow, Rational emotive and Cognitive Behavior therapy supervisor of Albert Ellis Institute, New York USA. Dr. Palsapure has also received intensive training in CBT at the Beck Institute for Cognitive therapy at Philadelphia, USA. He has conducted many training programs in past on CBT-REBT at various places internationally including Mumbai and has trained hundreds of mental health professionals in the therapy so far.

Venue:

Mumbai: Grooming dales, 1st Floor , Delta Apt, M M C Road, Next To Cannosa Convent School, Mumbai, Mahim, Mumbai, India- 400016

Venues for Delhi, Bengaluru, Chennai, Kolkata and Hyderabad to be announced soon.

Time: 12 noon-5pm

Total 50 hours practical and theory training. The program is flexible and you can sign up for either or both of REBT and CBT modules.

Fee Structure: REBT only: Rs. 6990. (8 days)
CBT+REBT: Rs.7990 (10 days)
CBT only: Rs.2000 (2 days) Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th June in Mumbai. Exact dates for other venues will be announced soon, but will be on first Saturday and Sunday during the workshop.

Includes Tuition fees, printed material, tea, light snacks.
Course coordinators:Call Rachna Tuli: +91 9820250408 / Shahana Siddiqui: +91 9820950408 for admission or
Simply fill up the form at the end of this page.

If you have any questions, contact us

FOR COURSE RELATED QUERIES: Call Dr. Shishir Palsapure on +91 8390937939

REGISTER FOR THE WORKSHOP BY CLICKING HERE
https://spreadsheets.google.com/view...Z1dVE6MQ#gid=0

TESTIMONIALS

Dr. Shankar: I had attended the rigorous 40 hours REBT training course by Dr.Shishir Palsapure in the month of July 2009 in Mumbai. Workshop included practical applications on clients and peer counseling. Under the guidance of Dr. Shishir one realises the mistakes during the therapy and able to correct them immediately. It has changed my perception and the way I used to view myself and the world before the training has changed. The course is designed in such a way that you start applying on self and on clients immediately with full confidence and observable results. I strongly recommend this course to anyone who wishes to make their and others’ life happier.”

Namrata: I found the casestudies, examples, peer counseling very helpful. A lot more indepth information on therapy than other courses I have attended.

Yash: I attended the 40 hour training program held at Grooming dales in 2010. The case discussions, examples, live case demonstrations, overall content of the workshop was very good. I have not come across any other programs dealing with the same topic with so much emphasis on practical training. Dr. Shishir is really passionate about training and paid individual attention to all and helped us at every step to improve our therapy.

Amrita: Counseling session (live) was very helpful in the sense that Your lead questions were just superb that can induce the client to come to his own self and able to realize where problem lies.That part was really very educative.

Dilshad: I attended the 40 hour training held at Pikale Hospital, Mahim, Mumbai and found out how to zero in on my irrational beliefs. Got a good practice of how to do disputation. I thought disputation was difficult, though more practice will make it easier. I would highly recommend this course to my following friends.(list suppressed)

This page is available at http://www.morphicminds.com/courses/basic