View Single Post
06-07-2012
ajay.hgr

: Jun 2012
: assam
: 40
:
: 1 | 0.00 Per Day

Corruption in police department is very dangerous as corrupt policemen not only compromise with the security of common man but also encourages anti social elements. I have an experience of rampant corruption in police department.
I am staying in a rented apartment in Guwahati. One day when I woke up in the morning, I saw my laptop and mobile stolen. I had forgotten to close one of the window previous night. The thief opened the door through the window and stole laptop and mobile worth Rs. 50000/-. I went to nearby police station to file FIR. The ASI of the police station said that he will file FIR only after inspecting my house. He came to my house with one constable. There were some labourers working in the top floor of the building. The policemen picked two labourers on the grounds of suspicion. When I went to the police station in the evening in the to get the copy of FIR, I was surprised to see the labourers sitting in the police station. They had kept the labourers whole day in the police station. I requested policeman to release them as I was quite sure that they had not stolen my belongings. The policemen said that in that case I will have to request in written to release them and withdraw FIR. So I gave in written that I dont suspect the labourers and I had to withdraw FIR. They released the labourers. The policemen were not behaving properly with the labourers. I also came to know that they had seized their mobile phones and had took money from them.
At the end of the day, I lost my Rs. 50000/-, those poor labourer lost their daily wage and they had to pay some bucks to the policemen. The policemen earned some bucks and they did not even file FIR.
I have come to the conclusion that these corrupt policemen can pick any poor person. They don’t have any humanity left in them. They can rob even poorest of the poor.