08-22-2011
mamtaism

: Aug 2011
: Agartala
: 40
:
: 11 | 0.00 Per Day

Hi people

Whatever I read throughout the discussion, most of them (i.e. the solutions) are 'time consuming' methods.

I agree we should not pay bribe and get our work done and thereby encouraging the 'babu' but consider the following:

1. If you don't pay bribe then some one else would. Unity is more important here rather than 1 or a few people standing against corruption. And its hard to unite if you don't know each other.

2. Some people have time constraints, specially passport offices where office people + police together demand bribes (they don't even leave the defence people). And to get things moving you do pay up and get your work done.

If the gap between sending a complain and action can be shortened then it will encourage people to go to ACB and the likes.

An e.g. can be - babu against whom we complain should be immediately suspended and someone else should be brought in at his/her place to perform his/her job. Then suspended officer can be tried for as long as the govt. or ACB wants!

That way, we will have either
1. Govt. agencies, in order to not recruit more and more people to replace courrupt officers, would be more stricter themselves.
2. The recruitment in Govt. agencies would increase and the 'replacers' will definitely know WHY they have taken a certain position. Induces a moral conscience.
I think there should be some easy way to complaint against the government official asking for bribe so that immediately actions can be taken and they always afraid to ask for bribe... such as immediately the person should be fired from his post and some recovery must be made from his personal savings....

Last edited by mamtaism; 08-22-2011 at 09:42 PM