05-05-2011
Yogesh099

: May 2011
: New Delhi
:
: 50 | 0.01 Per Day
Thumbs up Keep arguing

Ganesan,

I keep visiting this area to see any new discussion between you and Bhargavi. Through this I get access to knowledge which are part of vast stack of knowledge you have. This must have come from years of experience and close observations/analysis of happenings around us. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us.

Two things in your post on 4th May drew my attention.
"Large systems (e.g., countries) have high inertia, and require enormous effort to change ......"

and the second one is
"when things reach a flash point......(Fact is, for a vast majority of the people in India, this stage hasn't been reached yet)”.

I agree with both the views, our country is big and has high inertia. And effort to correct any problem will also be equally high and tough. For this we need majority of people to understand and join this movement. Problem to achieve this is the second statement mentioned above that for most people flash point has not reached yet where they start to think of acting against something at the place of being a mute viewer. Till they do not feel and understand that the flash point is already there, drawing them to a long battle like this will be a task.

I agree that things have actually reached to a flash point but it may take more time for majority of people to understand this. The quicker they understand, better it will be for this anti corruption movement.

Media also should play a vital role here but is busy these days airing news like which wife of Osama is shot, shot in calf or somewhere else and if calf then of which leg........etc. They will be more interested to know bio-data of each of Osama’s wives, kids, cook, neighbors, sweeper etc. This will be continued till they get some other trivial thing which can be converted into NEWS feed. Considering media's penetration and reach, it is very necessary that media takes active role in educating people about Jan Lokpal Bill/development in drafting in the parliament/exposing the party or individual not supporting the bill/and the need of the bill at all for common citizen.

Last edited by Yogesh099; 05-05-2011 at 10:24 PM