View Single Post
04-08-2011
Pankaj Ukey

: Apr 2011
: Goa
:
: 1 | 0.00 Per Day

hi everyone,

1st of all let me make my stand. That I support the reservation policy however I believe that the reservation should be given on economic basis, not the caste or religion.

Let me tell you something about my background. I used to belong to the backward class. I have done my education from premier institute, quota obviously helped my father to pay the college money with the help of loan. At present I am in a really good position and economically very well. that is why I left the status of backward class and become a general like all of you. ( in the present census, I have changed the status)

well before criticizing this quota system, I emphasize all of you to look at the history of it. The sole purpose of this system is to make people equal economically. Since most of the people who live in the village belong to backward class. So they were getting the benefit of this and some of them were coming to the city to do the job after getting education. But government didn't make any law about the people who have settled in the life after benefited by the quota policy.

So I strongly believe that the quota system is required but on the ground of economic condition. I believe economically most of the backward caste will be covered since 80% of the backward class reside in the village or small town.