India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > ANTIRESERVATION FORUM > DISCUSSIONS on Reservation > Opinion > POLLS
New Topics

Will reservation ever end in India?

We are having this reservation policy for so many years... yet we never heard any one saying that he is .....

: Will reservation ever END in India?
YES, in the next few years - govt must abolish reservation if India has to compete globally. 15 33.33%
NO, Reservation is the winning mantra for Politicians in India - it can never get out of the system. 11 24.44%
MAYBE, Collective efforts of youth, policy-makers and industry can change this definitely. 22 48.89%
Can't Say / No Comments. 6 13.33%
: 45.

12-24-2011

: Aug 2011
: Nasik, Maharashtra
:
: 3 | 0.00 Per Day

We are having this reservation policy for so many years... yet we never heard any one saying that he is benefited from this and now by the very definition of reservation he feels socially and financially to be equal to so called upper class... after all these years all we hear is demand for more and more reservations.... and we see that their own people ( who have now become rich and privileged , thanks to reservation ) are repressing more than any one else..
We all would love to see our fellow under privileged Indians to have basic needs..... and if at all reservation is only solution , should it not be given with certain accountability and certain conditions like--

reservation will be given only at one stage - either in education or in jobs. and it will be given to only one generation...
12-24-2011

: Kanpur UP
: 39
:
: 373 | 0.08 Per Day

Fr this i hv only one answer the base of reservation should be economic n only student can take advantages of it during their studies n aftr that in jobs i dnt thnk that anybdy need reservation
JAI HIND
12-25-2011

: Apr 2011
: Chennai
: 70
:
: 166 | 0.03 Per Day

Dear Friends,

I've been staying out of the topic of reservation in this forum, as it is not appropriate here. This forum is against corruption.

I'm from a forward community but I do believe strongly that there's surely a case for reservation (-not in Lokpal kind of bodies, but in education and entry level jobs).

Let's understand that whenever there are 2 sides to an issue, it's possible that both sides may have a fair case, and ultimately a judgment has to be made one way or the other; and when the decision is taken fairly, we should all abide by it. Reservation is one such.

I do understand your frustration, but I also understand the frustration of those who do not have it in their genes to compete sufficiently enough yet with the forward classes. Do we say that it's their fate? Or do we want to deny this fact of denial of education and participation in growth for ages?

True, politicians have failed to solve this issue on fair terms, and have used it for their ulterior ends. So, politicians are our common enemy.

But let's not make it a "us vs them" issue with the SCs, STs and OBCs. They are our brothers and sisters. If all of us think on fair terms, there could be a solution, but the starting point is not confrontation, but accepting that there's in deed a fair issue on both sides.

If a mother has 2 children, and one is weak, in any form, she would surely try to give an extra bit to that child denying that bit to the other; will you fault the mother?

Unless we learn to live on friendly terms with the reservation beneficiaries who haven't done any harm to us consciously, neither we'll be happy nor will we let the others be.

My request is that we should stop discussing reservation in this forum, except in the context of Lokpal, that too without scorn for the reservation beneficiaries.

I expect this to me my last post on this subject unless I'm forced to, otherwise.

Thanks,

Ganesan. :~(
12-25-2011

: gwalior
: 55
:
: 711 | 0.15 Per Day
"Reservation for minority"

Gentle men ! "Its a nice step taken by UPA government by announcing 4.5 percent reservation for minority. By doing so Government has given clear indication as only sc/st are not eligible for the reservation falicity. I hope it should be increase upto 30 percent to make UPA Government in 2014."
12-25-2011

: Kanpur UP
: 39
:
: 373 | 0.08 Per Day

Well said sir n govt ka ye step bahut hi achha hai jo ki hume angrez ki yaad dilate hai jo baato aur raaz karo ki neeti ki
JAI HIND
12-25-2011

: Dec 2011
: pakistan,gdkw,dadww
:
: 7 | 0.00 Per Day
Post https://www.facebook.com/pages/India-Against-Reservation/144605118983530

INDIA CAN GET REID OF RESERVATION IF WHOLE COUNTRY COME TOGETHER.......................................... ......

https://www.facebook.com/pages/India...44605118983530
12-25-2011

:
India against reservation

ear Friends,

I've been staying out of the topic of reservation in this forum, as it is not appropriate here. This forum is against corruption.

I'm from a forward community but I do believe strongly that there's surely a case for reservation (-not in Lokpal kind of bodies, but in education and entry level jobs).

Let's understand that whenever there are 2 sides to an issue, it's possible that both sides may have a fair case, and ultimately a judgment has to be made one way or the other; and when the decision is taken fairly, we should all abide by it. Reservation is one such.

I do understand your frustration, but I also understand the frustration of those who do not have it in their genes to compete sufficiently enough yet with the forward classes. Do we say that it's their fate? Or do we want to deny this fact of denial of education and participation in growth for ages?

True, politicians have failed to solve this issue on fair terms, and have used it for their ulterior ends. So, politicians are our common enemy.

But let's not make it a "us vs them" issue with the SCs, STs and OBCs. They are our brothers and sisters. If all of us think on fair terms, there could be a solution, but the starting point is not confrontation, but accepting that there's in deed a fair issue on both sides.

If a mother has 2 children, and one is weak, in any form, she would surely try to give an extra bit to that child denying that bit to the other; will you fault the mother?

Unless we learn to live on friendly terms with the reservation beneficiaries who haven't done any harm to us consciously, neither we'll be happy nor will we let the others be.

My request is that we should stop discussing reservation in this forum, except in the context of Lokpal, that too without scorn for the reservation beneficiaries.

I expect this to me my last post on this subject unless I'm forced to, otherwise.

Thanks,ANUJ

ear Friends,

Thanks,

12-25-2011

:
Smile https://www.facebook.com/pages/India-Against-Reservation/144605118983530

I respect your view about society .
let me tell u a story ,

one fine day ,in 1944 ,my great grandfather was passing the road when your great grand uncle spit on him paan supari ,out of ignorance ...

so today in 2011 ,when i came to know about this incident .I with the help of some vote hungry politicians made a rule for every body related to my great grand father to get
1.reservation in education..however dumb he may be
2.reservation in jobs ...however incompetent he may be ..

all because ,your grand dad's ignorance ,you should be denied of all opportunities in life .

i dont agree to this rule ..
if u dont agree to it either ,
join us in anti -reservation campaign dear friend .

we love all indians
but as "equals"

few indians are more equal" then others ..and thats not a right thing in a democracy .

12-25-2011

:

12-26-2011

: Chennai
: 70
:
: 166 | 0.03 Per Day

Dear Commonman,

Thanks for your post. Your reply trivializes the fact of deprivation of whole sects of people for generations. Perhaps because you have been fed stories to present facts that way by anti-reservationists, or you're deliberately trivializing it. I guess the former. There's a lot of such trivialization of the issue happening around.

If just one great grandfather (or even a few grandfathers), long age, spit paan supari on one person (or a few), out of ignorance (or even deliberately), there surely would have been no case for reservation.

Please do read unbiased versions of what happened in the past, or even happens to this day in many villages. You'd understand the pains of it only if you are from an affected sect. I'm conceding that my forefathers have been guilty of such discriminatory behavior. No one is infallible. Sure enough, most of them may not have done it consciously but because that was the custom of the day, but it was done.

The fact is that many sects of people were denied education and opportunities to come up in life, as was the custom of the day. And their generations have grown up in an atmosphere of deprivation and subjugation. Even if you or I didn't hurt them, their generations have suffered and their reason for lowliness in society has been in their genes. I have seen my own relatives do this in my younger days in our village.

Let's not think from a purely selfish angle, but look at it from a national perspective. Let's look at the reservation beneficiaries as our brothers with whom we may have a small conflict, if at all. Will we stop being brothers just because there are conflicts with them? Don't we have conflicts with our spouses in our lives? Do we start hating them?

Opportunities are NOT a zero-sum game. Opportunities can be created, and they are created only in adversity. And the better off have better resources to create them.

Just as I asked, if you were a mother and one of your children has a handicap, for whatever reason, won't you do that extra bit for that child to catch up? Isn't that the only fair thing to do?

Let's understand, this is NOT being magnanimous,... this is correcting a mistake of the past that has surely given an advantage to us and a handicap to certain sections of our brothers and sisters. Sure enough, we may not have caused the handicap, it may have been our forefathers, but haven't benefited due to this for generations? Is success not partly due to our genetic advantages?

In the evolution of human civilization, we have gone through slavery (which I'm not equating with subjugation in our system), but over time, we have seen that the descendants of these salves have been able to come up as well as the others. But it take a little time.

The descendants of suppression and subjugation in our society are not seeking justice for what happened to their forefathers; all that they are asking for is to give them that extra push so that they can come on par with the rest of the society. Imagine that you and I were born into those families; won't we ask for at least that?

Any discussion on the merits of the case are ok, without allowing it to drift into a rift between communities. But that's precisely what politicians want because they can rule us only by dividing us. Let's not give room for it. We can a create a glorious India working along with these reservation beneficiaries and not fighting among ourselves. In fact, we should volunteer to help the disadvantaged.

If we understand the facts of the past and recognize the problem, it can be solved. If we pretend that there never was any problem, God save us! Foreigners were able to invade India and loot us only because we turned the other way when someone else among us suffered. Let's learn from history.

On a different note, let me explain how this can be a blessing in disguise for those who fall outside the ambit of reservation. History teaches us that when opportunities start dwindling for the 'intelligent and hardworking', they create new opportunities which are much bigger than the old ones.

For example, Tamil brahmins in Tamil Nadu were persecuted by the DMK from 1969 when they came to power; they became the whipping boys. And you know what? Tamil brahmin community started looking at opportunities across India and then worldwide and if they are educationally, economically and culturally much better off than they were in the past, this was one of the reasons.

So, the DMK unwittingly made the lot of Tamil brahmins better. This is true of so many communities, worldwide, which were intrinsically advantaged genetically but were persecuted. (I'm not for a moment saying this is what's happening to non-beneficiaries of reservation persecution; just trying to say that, even if you look at it that way, find ways to take advantage of it.)

Again, I request that we avoid discussing reservation in this forum. I come in only to
make sure wrong 'facts' and notions don't go unchallenged.

We have many challenges ahead, of cleansing our politics; corruption is just one. We all need to work together to change the system. Let's do it!

Thanks,

Ganesan. :~(

In an impossible world, we're an impossibility. Let's seek to do the impossible! Jai Hind!!