India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > ANTIRESERVATION FORUM > DISCUSSIONS on Reservation > Opinion > POLLS

Extent of reservation!

Should reservation be allowed in all institutes except premier ones like IITs and IIMs or not allowed in any institute?.....

: Reservation should be allowed in all institutes except premier ones OR not allowed at all?
YES - AGREE 7 30.43%
NO - Don't Agree 16 69.57%
CAN'T SAY 0 0%
: 23.

10-07-2008

: Oct 2008
:
: 12 | 0.00 Per Day
Question Extent of reservation!

Should reservation be allowed in all institutes except premier ones like IITs and IIMs or not allowed in any institute?
10-07-2008

: Chandigarh
:
: 14 | 0.00 Per Day

I think this devil of reservation is already eating into our systems and we have had enough already. Reservation of any kind should be discouraged and there should be a level playing ground for all of us irrespective of caste, creed, religion or origin.
10-09-2008

: punjab
:
: 3 | 0.00 Per Day

Instead of talking of reservation in all institutes
first thing is to be done is to make the education in the institutes to be at more optimum level
If every institutes and every job is filled with reservation it will bring wrong persons at wrong places..
think about it.
11-05-2008

: India
: 35
:
: 59 | 0.01 Per Day
Arrow

I think this devil of reservation is already eating into our systems and we have had enough already. Reservation of any kind should be discouraged and there should be a level playing ground for all of us irrespective of caste, creed, religion or origin.

Reservation is a parasite
There is no value for talent
10-30-2009

: Oct 2009
:
: 216 | 0.04 Per Day

I fully endorse your views
07-04-2010

: Jul 2010
: mumbai
: 31
:

reservation shudnt be in iits and iims at all, u just cant bring down the level of these institutes. And if they dont deserve it they wont survive in it
07-31-2010

: Jul 2010
: New Delhi
:
: 1 | 0.00 Per Day

reservation should be done away with for good...the government wants the general category to pay for its lack of brains and sound administrative decisions...after 60 years of independence it wants to achieve equality by discriminating...!!!
08-08-2010

: Aug 2010
: 39
:

if the condition remains like this then... one day brahmins wont be left with an option other than asking for reservation.... today its a sin if u born as an upper caste
08-11-2010

: Oct 2009
:
: 216 | 0.04 Per Day

You are right. Being born in an upper caste (civilised family) is a sin in present scenario. Our wo/men are being humiliated not only in villages but in cities too because they outnumber us. These quota people harass us in offices. You must be aware of a recent development in Khairlanji (Maharashtra) where few dalits were killed in a clash with upper caste people. Court has awarded life imprisonment to the accused. Dalits are pressing hard to award death sentence and gheraoed Mr R.R.Patil (Home Minister of Maharashtra). Just imagine what will happen in an individual case?. Any upper caste person will be bashed and abused by dalits and lodged a complaint under Dalit Atrocities Act. This is happening now. If you collect a data of anti-social elements, most are from this so-called oppressed class.
For your information, Maharashtra govt has agreed to have a census of Marathas which hints that Marathas can get reservation in future. I think it is a time to form a national forum of upper caste and demand 50% reservation in all the institutions and jobs.
08-15-2010

: Aug 2010
: 39
:

yes i agree with you but i dont think we should also ask for reservation rather we should demand scrapping of reservation .... if the our leaders have faith in the indian constitution then they should restore equality by removing reservation from the system.