India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > INDIA AGAINST CORRUPTION > Starters > Members Forum > Member Intros
New Topics

Ways to curb corruption in India -1

Hi, This is just an attempt to think of means and ways to curb corruption by an ordinary Indian. I .....

08-19-2011

: Aug 2011
: Mysore, Karnataka
:
: 1 | 0.00 Per Day
Ways to curb corruption in India -1

Hi,

This is just an attempt to think of means and ways to curb corruption by an ordinary Indian.
I just have these thoughts about how to go about bringing small changes in the system that would go a long way in curbing corruption which is so very deep rooted in our system.
The first one is the use of technology - Technology is the one word which I think is a "Game Changer" in this fight against corruption. Technology could be Media, Television, Mobile phone, and last but not the least Newspapers.
Well, I always had this thing about roads in our country. I always am fascinated by the quality of roads that is shown on television in Western countries. Now, why can't we replicate that or atleast try to replicate that. To do that the first question arises is that of investment or money, but according to me that is not the issue at all, because there is absolutely no dearth of money at all in this country!!! The real issue is the way in which this money is spent.
Now, how to make good roads? Well, its easy to blame the contractor or the supervisor of the company which has been awarded the contract. But have we taken the problems that the contractor has faced for getting this contract awarded in his favour. After that he has to make some profit out of it, afterall it is a business for his livelihood. So, the easiest way to make profit is to make a substandard road at the cost of crores of people who use this road to make his livelihood.
By the use of technology, we can, to an extent curb this type of corruption.
Why don't we record the whole road laying process by a camera so that it can be used for quality control of the layed tar road, which could be correlated with the lab testing of the sample taken of that road. Now, this recorded film has to be stored in a central server until the life of the road (so claimed by the builder) comes to an end.
One more idea is that the elected representative, who according to me, has no work other than making money, should make it a point to be at the site of road building and bring a camera to shoot the whole road making process, so that the builder will not compromise on the quality of the road.
Now, if the elected representative gives the sorry reply that he has no time to watch all this, I think it does not take very long to construct a road if he is at the site, as everything will go on smoothly and at a faster rate.

India Against Corruption
India Against Corruption is a PUBLIC Forum, NOT associated with any organisation(s).
DISCLAIMER: Members of public post content on this website. We hold no responsibility for the same. However, abuse may be reported to us.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0