India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > INDIA AGAINST CORRUPTION > Entering Politics Opinion
New Topics

Anna versus Rahul?

I have been listening to the debate about this new political twist about the movement. The typical responses are- 1)the .....

: Should there be a direct electoral fight between Anna and Rahul?
Yes, that will be symbolic, but the stronger symbol gets it way 2 50.00%
No, as it is not a level-playing field 0 0%
May be, as it atleast gives a flavour of the popular mood 0 0%
The government will never agree to it! 2 50.00%
: 4.

08-02-2012

: Aug 2012
: mumbai
:
: 1 | 0.00 Per Day
Anna versus Rahul?

I have been listening to the debate about this new political twist about the movement. The typical responses are- 1)the movement always wanted to go political, 2) do they have the resources, ability and the organisation or even ideology, 3) this is an acknowledgement of defeat, and so on and so forth.
May I suggest this then, which clearly achieves way beyond all that the movement going political can? Lets throw this challenge- Anna dares Rahul to stand from any constituency in the country in the forthcoming election and he will fight Rahul. If Rahul wins from his chosen seat, he gets the Sarkari Lokpal, but if he doesn't the Jan Lokpal is the choice. Imagine this- there is no reason for the movement to go political, find the resources (from right and not-so-right sources), may be even make a joke of itself in the real life elections. This way Anna targets the govt which thinks it has won. The methodology is as suggested by them- elections. However, it is just a representative election- A man who has never fought even a gram sabha election, versus someone who has seen generations of elections!

I think we will have the Jan Lokpal, without so much of this muck around. What say?

India Against Corruption
India Against Corruption is a PUBLIC Forum, NOT associated with any organisation(s).
DISCLAIMER: Members of public post content on this website. We hold no responsibility for the same. However, abuse may be reported to us.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0