India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > INDIA AGAINST CORRUPTION > JAN LOKPAL BILL
New Topics

Suggestions for LOK PAL BILL... Please take them seriously...

I support the battle against corruption.....

04-06-2011

: Apr 2011
:
: 1 | 0.00 Per Day

I support the battle against corruption
04-08-2011

: 45
:
suggestion for lokpal bill... please note...

dear sir / mam
i have a few concerns should the jan lokpal bill suggested by you all is accepted... will the lokpal be able to address and investigate so many cases ??? or will it become like our courts???
we certailnly do not want a wrong decision on the pretext that time is running out for the case.
Another conern is who would be in the jan lokpal ?
should a seasoned person be there as head of every lokpal like a retired judge or defence officer or a completely raw and new person.
while there are advantages and disadvantages of both.
like will a new and young person be able to understand the highly complicated judicial structure and rules? will he be able to take the pressure by the strong and mighty in power?
my suggestion is the head of most of lokplas in various cities / villages be a retired defence officer / judge / police officers and not someone from the bureaucrats
hope the suggestion will find its place
regards
gaurav
04-08-2011

: Mar 2011
: Patna
: 73
:
: 219 | 0.05 Per Day
Genuine concerns

Your concerns are genuine. But will suggest you should go through the draft of the bill proposed. There are sufficient checks and remedies available in the proposed draft. Care has been taken to address all possible loopholes. A mechanism is also put in place whereby the members general public will also be able to give his or her points of views on various matters. If you start a thing with good intents ways and means can be found for addressing any problem that might arise. It is precisely because of this that though the agreement has been reached, Anna Hazare has not broken his fast, and that is because he wants to see for sure as to what the government has finally offered in writing. And that is because the credibility of this government is so low that it cannot be taken on its face value. Rest assured your concerns will find adequate response.

Last edited by NCSinha; 04-08-2011 at 11:36 PM : two words inadvertently left out
04-09-2011

:
: 4 | 0.00 Per Day
Please explain in detail how lokpal bill is going to actually curb corruption.

Many of us are just supporting the current vibrant movement against corruption as they are fed up of corruption which they face in their day to day life.But I see that not many people really know how lokpal bill in practice will prove to be the dominant force in eliminating corruption from our country.I request any expert on this bill from this forum to explain in detail with examples the same.I think not only public authority but public education also is going to be equally important in regards to this bill in fighting against corruption.
04-09-2011

: Mumbai
: 36
:

First of all i am happy as finally govt caved in for all the demands. But when thinking on the demands i am unsure about the rules...we have asked for action to be taken within 2 months.is it really possible to take action against big scams within 2 months. I wonder what strength of people will be required for this to achieve on ground. Technically speaking there will be thousands of cases registered everyday. Will the institution be ready for to cope up woth such huge demand in terms of man power. It shouldnt happen all this is done and then end rresult is nothing. Please advice if i am missing something or please clear it up for my understanding
04-11-2011

: 39
:

Is there any way to add a feature for stopping corrupted politicians from playing active politics.

My point is :
1. He should be barred from standing elections.
2. He should be removed from any post ,he was holding during the corruption charges leveled on him.
3. He can be inducted back in cabinet or resume his posting when he proves his innocence from his corruption charges.
04-11-2011

: Delhi
: 64
:
: 53 | 0.01 Per Day

Present day Govts. will do any thing to servive--this is the sole reason they have conceded.I just hope and pray we the people are not let down again..How victorious we felt when V P singh came to power!How long did the euphoria last?J P movement in Bihar! and how Bihar was 'sucked' for 20 years?And the 'India Shining' campaign -- a jaundiced Pramod Mahajan's disconnect with ground realities.
How ever Noble the cause and however zealous the support the mass leaders at the core must be very alert,intelligent and sincere.Lest we get sucked in a credibility-crisis tailspin.
The causes to fight for are endless.Sucess of this effort will have a cascading effect in cleansing society if not only immorality but also a-morality.
04-11-2011

: Chennai
: 66
:
Coverage and punishment

I wish and request the draft panel to consider the following:

Coverage:

1) The bill should cover every one in Govt. and Public sector up to and including the high court judges, CJI, the Prime Minister and the PMO. No one should be spared or given immunity from prosecution.

2) Corruption involving top govt. officials and central ministers should be dealt with on top priority basis by a special division/bench of lokpall and verdict should be possible within 6 months to one year maximum.

Punishment:

3) Once proven guilty, the first step should be to recover the loss to the national exchequer, with interest (say 10 to 15% p.a) right from the date of transaction. The lokpal should have the authority to attach all the properties of the guilty (or his/her benamies) if need be, liquidate and credit the proceeds to the national exchequer. Suppose the proceeds from the guilt person's assets are not sufficient to make good the loss, lokpal should fix accountability on the people in high offices who expressed unflinching support (for e.g. 2G scam, the minister who asserted "zero loss" in the transaction and another head person who said "I talked to the concerned minister and he said he did not do anything wrong" giving a clean chit to the minister even before any formal investigations began, should be listed as "indirect conspirators" to the financial crime and they should be asked to make good the short fall, if any.

4) Only the recovery of the loss from the guilty or the indirect conspirators will deter them from venturing into such malpractics in future. Sending them to jail or hanging them, is not going to solve the issue (in fact, most of them will be happy to go to jail or to be sent to the gallows, as their familes will live in the same luxuries for another 10 generations!). However, a more severe punishment can be considered: Create a list of such corrupt criminals and make it a part of history books for the younger generations to read. In other words, shame them for ever.

Will Lokpal be able to do it? If YES, this nation will be a role model for the entire world.

5) Ordinary citizens of India will start believe in Lokpal, if the bill is passed at the earliest and 2G scam is taken up as the first case and the culprits are brought to book, say within a year atleast.

Jai Hind
04-11-2011

: Jaipur
: 68
:
: 20 | 0.00 Per Day

I have downloaded the Draft Copy.

I have not yet read it in detail. I browsed is quickly to see any mention of Sec 197 under CrPC.

8. Functions of Lokpal:
(7) Section 197 of CrPC shall not apply to any proceedings under this Act. All permissions, which need to be sought for initiating investigations or for initiating prosecutions under any Act shall be deemed to have been granted once Lokpal grants such permissions.

I am in favour of annulment of Sec 197 under CrPC.

No permission should need to be sought, not even from the Lok Pal.
04-11-2011

: Mumbai
: 48
:
: 36 | 0.01 Per Day

My suggestions (not necessarily as part of the lokpal bill, but in general)
  1. Place the internal police system under the control of a bench of judges. Police heads should report to judges not the chief minister or mayor. And the judges ultimately should report to the president. Thus, no political party in power (or otherwise or) their affiliates can influence the police. Doing this alone will be very effective in tilting things in favour of people. Today police is more for the system than it is for the people - so ordinary people (and police) cannot do much against those in power: a major reason why corruption is rampant.
  2. Place defence under presidential control - that way the president will have some power instead of being just a figure-head. We need to break out of this mentality (of perhaps having a system similar to that of the british), that the PM has the ultimate power - see what has become of the PM today!!

Last edited by rohitbd; 04-11-2011 at 07:57 PM

India Against Corruption
India Against Corruption is a PUBLIC Forum, NOT associated with any organisation(s).
DISCLAIMER: Members of public post content on this website. We hold no responsibility for the same. However, abuse may be reported to us.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0