India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > INDIA AGAINST CORRUPTION > REGIONAL MOVEMENTS
New Topics

Keen to initiate anti-corruption peace march

Hello everybody, Its good the plans are moving ahead. Please go through the idea of SMS campaign I'd already mentioned, .....

07-20-2011

: Jun 2011
: Noida
: 45
:
: 22 | 0.00 Per Day
pls extend a helping hand

Hello everybody,
Its good the plans are moving ahead. Please go through the idea of SMS campaign I'd already mentioned, to reinforce Anna's movement as well as to make our voices reach the deaf ears.
I discussed this idea with Mr NC SINHA, moderator on this site in another forum. He too agreed to the idea and gave a go ahead. But I'm finding it difficult to do it alone. I've forwarded a sms to many people but it doesn't seems to be gearing up.
People r so foolish, so selfish n selfconfined that they rather prefer sending sms to a stupid bollywood poll instead.
They are such a big show off that they talk so big as if they are about to start a revolution but when it comes to action they disappeare. They can just talk big on FACEBOOK. I even tried to spread it on FACEBOOK but somebody reported it as SPAM, its disgusts when people don't seem to care as if it is only one old mans fight.
Or probably alone my effort would be too less to matter.
Hence I request u all to go through this and contribute to a good cause. Sms this.....
Contents once again are like this.... Mr P.M. a true person is never afraid of truth. Either accept civil society's demand of a strong lokpal or stop governing us n quit.
Sachin. Friends to support Anna, add your name and sms this to every one you know as well as to newschanel say NDTV on 56388 and Ibn7 on 51818 for instance)
This can be shared on their FB links too.
Regards

Last edited by Sachinn; 07-20-2011 at 11:17 PM
07-29-2011

: Apr 2011
: Kolkata
: 45
:
: 7 | 0.00 Per Day

Dear Mr. DP Chaudhuri,

I happened to read your post only now. My 2 cents worth on your points.

I agree with everything you've said, except for point 5, where I suggest an amendment:

1. Instead of:

Fund required will be pooled in by donors working together, on their own, and the printing and distribution will be done by the donors/ volunteers working together. No funds will be collected by us, as a group, with later accountability, giving rise to someone raising objections, etc. Remember, even the payment made by the Govt. to foot the cost of air travel of Anna's team outstation members was made an issue?

2. Also, I have been making a simple suggestion repeatedly, but it appears no t to be founding favour. I have experience in marketing, and I can tell you this idea can work wonders, and requires no great effort or money. Only, we should believe in it and adopt it. Personally I won't be upset if it is not accepted, but I feel we may have lost a great opportunity to make the country sit up and take notice of us. I reproduce it below:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
Hi Folks,

Given the diversity of the backgrounds of the civil society, and given that we are up against the wall (read, "the Government"), we need to discover a simple yet effective way to demonstrate to the Government, the media and ourselves that we are gaining strength every day.

I have a suggestion for Anna's team. Shall we start wearing 'BLACK' badges/ bands in our top dress (shirt/ tops/ kameez/ saree) every day till we get the kind of Lokpal Bill we want? If they agree, they need to promote this idea strongly.

It is easy for all of us to influence others in our families and in our friend's circles to wear the same too. Black badges are easy to get anywhere in India, they can be in any shape or size, they won't cost much, they need not be designed and dispatched to other places, and this could come to symbolize our protest against CORRUPTION.

Also, expecting people cross India to actively do something else to show our solidarity, which can also be noticed, will be difficult. Black badges/ bands will make it easy for people to show their solidarity with the Lokpal Bill movement.

And seeing this, even those who are not aware would enquire what it is all about, and we'll get a chance to explain.

The Press will also find a symbol of this movement to focus on.

We can explain that this black badge/ band signifies that we're in darkness, and till we see light, we'll wear black badges.

Typically, gathering critical mass is difficult, and even as we gather critical mass, it is difficult to demonstrate that we have, in deed, done so.

And when everyone realizes that we have gathered critical mass, this could help us step up our efforts to the next stage, if need be.

If you agree, can you please draw the attention of your friends and relatives to this suggestion?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Ganesan. :~)
Dear Ganesan,

I was just waiting for the cabinet decision, regarding tabling of LOKPAL BILL. From today's news, I got the impression that the draft,as to be pursued by our ministers (further referred as Gov) is not the same, as recommended by CIVIL SOCIETY (further referred as CS).

Can I request you to kindly forward the draft of the bill, as recommended by CS and that being forwarded by Gov, so that, I can be clear of the same and to be able to invite people for our agitation.

At the same time, I do appreciate your idea of wearing 'BLACK' badges/ bands in our top dress (shirt/ tops/ kameez/ saree).

I am ready to follow the same, will also invite people through different social web-sites to start the same, immediately. But, before the same, I would like to be clear about the differences between the two drafted bills.

Will/Can you please help me regarding the same.

Awaiting your response.

Regards
DP Chaudhuri
08-04-2011

: Apr 2011
: Bangalore
: 39
:
: 13 | 0.00 Per Day

Hi DP Chaudhuri
to understand the difference between the version civil society's draft and government's draft of the lokpal bill, pls go through the following link:
http://www.box.net/shared/l5okarpc3l3btzk6ore8
08-06-2011

: Aug 2011
: Bangalore
: 67
:
: 3 | 0.00 Per Day

Hi,

Please let me know the date, venue and time i would like to do my bit for the country.

M R Prakash

India Against Corruption
India Against Corruption is a PUBLIC Forum, NOT associated with any organisation(s).
DISCLAIMER: Members of public post content on this website. We hold no responsibility for the same. However, abuse may be reported to us.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0