India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > INDIA AGAINST CORRUPTION > Starters > Members Forum

Should Shri Anna Hajare form a Political Party ?

Summit, I think it is necessary that we have some leaders with credibility to take the responsibility and lead it. .....

09-17-2011

: Apr 2011
: Chennai
: 70
:
: 166 | 0.03 Per Day

Summit,

I think it is necessary that we have some leaders with credibility to take the responsibility and lead it. It was in this context that I wrote to Dr. Kalam, Kiran Bedi, Arvind Kejriwal, and a few others (before Anna movement), with no reply. If a few of us work together on this, I hope we could get a team of credible persons to lead.

One thing I'm convinced about is that, without credible leadership, we may not even be able to take off. A lot of well meaning people have tried before and failed.

Ganesan. :~(
10-23-2011

: Sep 2011
: Bahrain
:
: 8 | 0.00 Per Day

Friends,

I am happy to note that many of our friends agree that,unless Loksabha and various Vidhan Sabhas(State Assemblies) are created of honest,educated,sincere and patriotic citizens,real and effective check on corruption is very difficult.Unless corruption is checked,no real development of a common man is possible.Looking to the scandle figures in 2G,Rashtrakul it is the matter of top priority.
Anna has refused to form a political Party.Hence,it is essential that somebody of us has to take the lead to form such party with the actual participation or guidance and blessings of Anna and people like Mr Kalam,Kejarival,Ms Bedi,Ramdevbaba etc.
I am ready to take the lead, if other honest friends support and participate.Afterall someone has to start it.
Those who really wish to take active part in this national cause please confirm through this post.

Subhash Ghuge
Chartered Accountant,
Pune.
10-23-2011

: Oct 2011
: Rajasthan
: 55
:
: 27 | 0.01 Per Day

Subhashji,
I am agreeing with you. During British rule 'Congress' formed in the same view. Now it is time to form another political party to fight against corrupted Indian politicians. I think it is the right way to fight in parliament also.
10-23-2011

:

Dear Subhash Ghuge and Jasan Mathews,

I appreciate your willingness to take the initiative. We need many people with initiative.

However, I'm sure you'll agree that the issue is not that simple. If all that was required was for someone to come forward, it would have happened long back.

Credibility of the leaders has to be established over a long, long time. Anna, Arvind Kejriwal, Dr. Kiran Bedi and such people had built some credibility over many years, and we all have faith in them, and yet you can see that the Team Anna members are being questioned, even if frivolously (many believe, not so frivolously) and it may not be easy to convince the people nationwide about the defence of even these good people.

Unless we are able to convince persons like Dr. Abdul Kalam to take the lead, it may be yet another of the futile exercises of well-meaning independents.

Did you consider another possibility? Congress has a vote bank, and in the normal circumstances, we may at least have ruling parties being voted out, putting a semblance of fear in the minds of parties that any wrong doing will throw them out of power. If even concerted opposition by such a party formed were to get a lot of votes (impractical though it may be) it may end up dividing the opposion votes, thus giving a third term to UPA, ruling out any possibility of rooting out corruption for a long time. Alternating Governments is a better alternative.

We have a tough situation at hand. But we don't want to jump from a frying pan into fire, do we? I hear you asking, "Should we keep quiet?" I believe, until we have a reasonable chance of success, we'll be wasting our time, at the minimum, and shooting ourselves in our feet, at the maximum. More likely, we won't even take off.

Let's think and come up with workable alternatives.

Ganesan. :~(
10-23-2011

: Mar 2011
: Patna
: 73
:
: 219 | 0.05 Per Day
No more political parties please.

As Anna has repeatedly said he is not going to form any political party or is not keen to lead any political movement. We already have many political platforms. Let us not add one more to that. We want to change the system; and once that is achieved, things will start falling in grooves. If we are able to bring about a qualitative change in the system--which is what we are fighting for--, we can take care of corruption. That is how it was achieved in Hong Kong and that is what we should target here in India instead of adding another political party in the crowded political spectrum. JP movement ushered in political change, but he did not have time to bring about the systemic change. That is why many products of that movement also became some of the most corrupt of all times, barring the present time of course. Anna should not form any political party nor should he bless any. Its well night impossible to remain honest in politics. The only thing that can force people to remain honest is the fear of law and that will come with the change is system which is what Anna is aspiring for.
10-23-2011

:

I completely endorse NCSinha's views. I think only this is practically possible.

Ganesan.
10-23-2011

: Sep 2011
: Hyderabad
:
: 10 | 0.00 Per Day

Most of the political parties are formed by honest people with lofty ideals. Once they become successful in getting substantial number of their representatives elected, some of their members would be lured to become corrupt or corrupt elements would infiltrate their ranks over a period of time. It is very difficult for the leadership to effectively check this menace. If you have any good ideas to counter this menace, you may suggest the same to the existing parties. At least some of them may adapt the ideas. Starting new party may not be helpful in bringing down corruption in our country under the present circumstances. There are already too many parties.
Strong and honest people like Anna Hazare are now working overtime to check the growth of corruption in our country and they are in right track. Let all of us join to strengthen their movement instead of trying to fish in the troubled waters. Moreover it is not such an easy task to launch a new successful political party.
10-24-2011

: chennai
:
: 1 | 0.00 Per Day
Smile

I Feel Annaji has taken to much strain fighting for janlokpal bill and various other movement he has to do many things with all his suppoters but without joining the race and maintaining the fear to the corrupt nationals
10-24-2011

: Mar 2011
: Patna
: 73
:
: 219 | 0.05 Per Day

This is called courage of conviction. When you have that, you do not fear for anything, not even for your life. Anna has reached that stage of his life where he cannot fear for anything. Besides, because he is clean he commands respect of the people. His lack of erudition or his inability to communicate in polished Hindi or English does not inhibit him at all. But yes, in today's world you need the ability to be coherent on many issues and points which Anna sadly lacks and this precisely is the reason why many have tried to play over him. It is his simplicity and personal integrity that keeps him going. Else, in this world of muck all around, it is so very difficult to stay clean. Hats off to Anna!
10-24-2011

: Rajasthan
:
: 27 | 0.01 Per Day

We know that nobody in parliament will support Janlokpal bill as most of them are corrupted. All of them knows that after passing out the bill, the parliament will mostly empty and the ‘Tihar’ will be mostly full. That’s why nobody in parliament is actively supporting Janlokpal. Somebody is showing support as a show. So there were no active debates on that. That is why I am suggesting some elected members of IAC in parliament.

India Against Corruption
India Against Corruption is a PUBLIC Forum, NOT associated with any organisation(s).
DISCLAIMER: Members of public post content on this website. We hold no responsibility for the same. However, abuse may be reported to us.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0