India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > INDIA AGAINST CORRUPTION > DISCUSSIONS > NEWS & VIEWS
New Topics

Will return to public life in 10 days, says Anna

Interacting with the people for first time since he returned to Ralegan Siddhi after being discharged from hospital on January .....

01-16-2012

: Oct 2011
: Chandigarh
:
: 46 | 0.01 Per Day
Will return to public life in 10 days, says Anna

Interacting with the people for first time since he returned to Ralegan Siddhi after being discharged from hospital on January 7, social activist Anna Hazare said on Sunday he would return to the public life after 10 days.

On Sunday afternoon, Hazare left the guesthouse at Padmavati temple, where he had been camping since his return to the village, and went to Yadavbaba temple where he celebrated Makar Sankranti with the villagers.

“My health has improved and it is stable now. I would be out (in the public) after 10 days,” he said.

Owing to his ill health, Hazare’s associates had declared that the 74-year-old would not be a part of India Against Corruption’s campaign in the five poll-bound states, starting from Faizabad in UP on February 3.

According to Hazare’s aides, though his health has somewhat improved, he is still suffering from cough, weakness and joint pain. “He is still very weak and his food intake is far below the normal,” said Datta Awari, one of Hazare’s aides.

The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP), meanwhile, said the decision on giving Zila Parishad candidature to the Ralegan sarpanch would be taken on Wednesday. Jainsingh Mapari, the ticket aspirant, was interviewed by an NCP panel last week.

“Annaji met my father today and told him that he does not have any issues with me fighting the election on an NCP ticket,” said Mapari.

India Against Corruption
India Against Corruption is a PUBLIC Forum, NOT associated with any organisation(s).
DISCLAIMER: Members of public post content on this website. We hold no responsibility for the same. However, abuse may be reported to us.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0