India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > INDIA AGAINST CORRUPTION > DISCUSSIONS > NEWS & VIEWS

Lokpal Bill: Government asks Anna Hazare to wait for outcome of Parliament's debate

On the eve of Anna Hazare's fast against "weak" Lokpal Bill, Government today asked him to wait for the outcome .....

• 1 sunil_mishra
  • 1 BOBONATH

12-26-2011

: Oct 2011
: Chandigarh
:
: 46 | 0.01 Per Day
Lokpal Bill: Government asks Anna Hazare to wait for outcome of Parliament's debate

On the eve of Anna Hazare's fast against "weak" Lokpal Bill, Government today asked him to wait for the outcome of Parliament's debate on the legislation tomorrow before launching his agitation.

Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Rajiv Shukla said everyone should leave it to Parliament to decide on the Lokpal as it is in its domain now.

"The Government has already piloted the Bill in Lok Sabha. It is a very strong and effective Bill. So, I think we will go by the decision of Parliament. Everybody will be deliberating upon that," he said here.

Shukla said Parliament will decide on the fate of the Lokpal Bill.

"I would only request him (Hazare) to wait for the outcome of Parliament," he said when asked whether he thought Hazare should have more patience on the issue.

Hazare will launch a 3-day fast tomorrow in Mumbai in protest against the "weak" Lokpal Bill introduced by Government in Lok Sabha. The Lok Sabha is expected to debate the crucial legislation tomorrow.

On Hazare suffering from viral infection, Shukla said: "I will always wish him the best health. At the same time, I think he should wait for the outcome of Parliament and then only he should go ahead."

Meanwhile, Congress sought to know why BJP jumps to Hazare's defence whenever someone alleges that the anti-corruption crusader has links with RSS.

"Whenever it is asked whether Anna Hazare shares same views as BJP and RSS, instead of Team Anna replying to the question we have the BJP and RSS clarifying that Hazare has no link with them. I am surprised with such kind of equation shared between them," Congress spokesman Rashid Alvi said.

Source~The Economic Times
12-26-2011

: Apr 2011
: gwalior
: 55
:
: 711 | 0.15 Per Day
"How long to wait"

Gentle men ! "All honest live or dead have been waiting Since 1950. But How long to wait, is still a mistory................................?"
12-30-2011

: Dec 2011
: Lucknow
:
: 2 | 0.00 Per Day
Why India needs Anna

Hey, i recently came across the article on why India needs Anna. I found it an interesting read

Why India needs Hazare - Ryan Gerard Wilson

India Against Corruption
India Against Corruption is a PUBLIC Forum, NOT associated with any organisation(s).
DISCLAIMER: Members of public post content on this website. We hold no responsibility for the same. However, abuse may be reported to us.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0